Clients Can Hear Sound & Move But Stuck On Loading?

Stoney

I've had the case many times these days, I was using JSRS which was doing some errors visible in the local RPT, ok, removed JSRS and I can log again, yeah

But I've tried a local server with fresh epoch Napf pbos, no scripts, no additional mods, nothing in the logs, just stuck on loading after the first connection.

Whats strange is that if I TP myself using an external admin tool, I can connect again, I've suspected the antihack stuff, but I've no message in the log and mission is not ended...

Bizarre, vous avez dit bizarre ? comme c'est bizarre...

I posted this in the server install forums, was having the same issue on patch 103718, 112555 and 125548.

I still have players having this issue after doing the steam update.

Disclaimer, I am no scripter, I have never wrote anything for Epoch.

I started looking around for differences in 1.0.4.2 and 1.0.5.1 on the client side. There are changes to the player_monitor.fsm. I decided to play with it and call it server side instead of client side so I can make changes. I compared 1.0.4.2 and 1.0.5.1 and changed a value related to initializing and added parts with no_playerID that were removed. With a VERY small test group, 3 players, 2 of which were having the issue it seems to have helped.

I imagine this is not a fix but I just got lucky.

If anyone would like to test this please reply back on your findings.

In the mpmission init.sqf I changed this

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

To this

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "Scripts\player_monitor.sqf";

I moved player_monitor.sqf to my mission Scripts file.

In the player_monitor.sqf I changed this

if (isServer) then {
waitUntil{dayz_preloadFinished};
};
_id = [] execFSM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.fsm";
if (DZE_R3F_WEIGHT) then {
_void = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\R3F_Realism\R3F_Realism_Init.sqf";
};

To this

if (isServer) then {
waitUntil{dayz_preloadFinished};
};
_id = [] execFSM "Scripts\player_monitor.fsm";
if (DZE_R3F_WEIGHT) then {
_void = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\R3F_Realism\R3F_Realism_Init.sqf";
};

I then put this player_monitor.fsm in my mission Scripts folder.

The one thing this did do is dramatically slow down the loading of my test server.

No worries, tested, didn't work, still getting the loading screen bug on Namalsk OverPoch.

It seems the player isn't getting pulled out of debug, I think it's an issue with additional mods enabled with Epoch.

When you have someone with the bug, look at their current state in the database. I noticed a change but it did't register to copy it and research it. I don't know if it will give us insight into the problem. I changed their current state to the starting pistol and they got in. i thought i had just screwed up copying their gear from a previous life.

This is from a player thats stuck.

CharID UID Instance Datestamp LastLogin [["ItemFlashlight","ItemMap","NVGoggles","MakarovSD","ItemKnife","ItemToolbox","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemCompass","ItemHatchet_DZE","DMR","ItemKeyYellow1882"],["ItemAntibiotic","ItemBloodbag","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","ItemWaterbottle","ItemWaterbottle","20Rnd_762x51_DMR","20Rnd_762x51_DMR","20Rnd_762x51_DMR","20Rnd_762x51_DMR","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD"]] ["",[[],[]],[[],[]]] [347,[9454.32,14040.4,0.002]] [false,false,false,false,false,false,true,12000,[],[0.448,0],0,[1314.18,1157.28]] 0 1 2014-07-03 21:24:14 2014-07-03 21:24:14 12 8 189971 291 ["DMR","amovpknlmevasraswrfldfr",41,[]] 0 FR_OHara_DZ 0 3144 0 2014-07-04 21:52:18

11th row down under the gear

Worldplace

Alive

Medical

Generation

LastAte

LastDrank

KillsZ

HeadshotsZ

Distancefoot

Duration

Currentstate <--------------- that one  ["DMR","amovpknlmevasraswrfldfr",41,[]] 

Ok, one of the guys that hangs on my server, this is his primary gear

.[["ItemCrowbar",

"ItemHatchet_DZE",
"ItemKnife",
"NVGoggles",
"Binocular_Vector",
"SCAR_H_STD_EGLM_Spect",
"ItemToolbox",
"ItemKeyYellow1721",
"ItemKeyYellow101",
"ItemKeyGreen101",
"ItemMatchbox_DZE",
"ItemCompass",
"ItemEtool",
"ItemGPS",
"UZI_SD_EP1"],
["ItemBandage",
"ItemBandage",
"FoodCanSardines",
"ItemSodaPepsi",
"20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR",
"20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR",
"20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR",
"20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR",
"20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR",
"1Rnd_HE_M203",
"1Rnd_HE_M203",
"1Rnd_HE_M203",
"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",
"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",
"ItemBriefcase60oz",
"ItemBriefcaseS70oz",
"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD"]]

As you can see he has a primary and a secondary, BUT this is is Currentstate on logout.

["","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon",100,[]]

This is my current state after spawning in and gearing up.

["Pecheneg_DZ","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon",42,["406"]]

Don't know if this is related to the problem but wanted to share.

not at my computer atm, but am going to try this when I am.

Add these to my client start-up

-noPause -showScriptErrors

And add this to server startup batch file

-netlog

Should show what's happening, someone in another thread hinted that it could be an error popup being skipped past but keeping focused rather than the game, hence the stall.

I have two OverPoch servers running 1.0.5.1. Various scripts and no issues. I have a build server which seems to be getting this issue. 

Only difference is 1 maybe 2 scripts but they dont pull any character data.

I'm going to copy one of the running servers over and add scripts one by one and keep logging in and out to see what the issue is.

Are you guys getting players kicked by Create Vehicle Restriction?

I have instances where this happens. People join the server and become seagulls basicly. What I usually do is locking the server till it blows over. From what I have noticed, this seagull problem has increased in 112555 and is often associated with desync (atleast in my case). Desync which can be caused by the amount of players that get stuck on authentication. The error does seem to have calmed down after I changed the basic.cfg settings abit. Hopefully it will be solved in the future patch.

the error is caused by the Character_data in the database, the column "current state" that would usually have something like "   ["MakarovSD","amovpercmrunsraswpstdf",41,[]]   " in it

what it is doing is changing this so that it removes the weapon, so that the code will look like "   ["","aidlpercmstpslowwrfldnon_player_idlesteady04",100,[]]   " the only way i have found to fix it is to copy a current state of another player in the server, and then find their current weapon and place it back in, and then, they are able to log back into the server with no problems (works about 75% of the time)

so, i guess what we need to do is find something that changes the current state of the player on logging out/in and remove it

the other way i have found to fix this is.....

do not log out normally,  ALT + F4

that way it doesnt change anything and players can just log back in normally... although they must restart the game...

Like the above, if I have an established player, if I respawn I will get caught on the loading screen and hear ingame sounds.

If I kill myself in game then fresh spawn, I spawn in correctly every time, tested 8 times with no issues.

Some tests

Killing character ingame - successful respawn

Delete current character from DB - successful respawn

Log to lobby, delete currentstate in database - stuck on loading

Log to lobby, set currentstate to [] - successful respawn

Results, setting currentstate to [] results in successful respawn everytime, so will try and modify either server_playersync to set current state to [] or when server_onPlayerDisconnect is called and report back

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

results

tested: setting currentstate to [] results in successful respawn everytime

tested: Modifying the playerspawn by moving to the mission file and setting currentstate to [] in the fsm file - result - this on it's own didn't work

tested: server player sync in the server file by setting _currentstate to [] - result - doesn't work, keeps current state to [] therefore preventing spawn

Now testing, setting the currentstate to [] in server_onPlayerDisconnect

You can also run sql events to set the current state to []?

an sql even in my knowledge would only run as often as you set it, (ie: every 2 hours) but in that case you may as well just restart every 2 hours

Like the above, if I have an established player, if I respawn I will get caught on the loading screen and hear ingame sounds.

If I kill myself in game then fresh spawn, I spawn in correctly every time, tested 8 times with no issues.

Some tests

Killing character ingame - successful respawn

Log to lobby, set currentstate to [] - successful respawn

Results, setting currentstate to [] results in successful respawn everytime, so will try and modify either server_playersync to set current state to [] or when server_onPlayerDisconnect is called and report back

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

results

Initially testing modifying the playerspawn by moving to the mission file and setting currentstate to [] in the fsm file - result - this on it's own didn't work

Now testing server player sync in the server file by setting _currentstate to []

test results for myself and a few other on our server

Log to lobby, set currentstate to [] - stuck on loading

Log to lobby, set currentstate to [] - stuck on loading

This works everytime for me?

Edit: except when restarting the server, when setting currentstate to [[]] it doesnt work on restart but works on relog :/