Clients Can Hear Sound & Move But Stuck On Loading?

Stoney

I tried this on my Overpoch server and I still get users that get stuck at black screen with sound.  What is really odd, is that I cannot get it to happen to myself.  I have tried over and over and yet I never see this issue,

Are you putting this in just the Epoch dayz_code or Overwatch dayz_code?

Also on a side note, this is only happening to some users I had another come in and joined just fine.

In the epoch server pbo

There is no compiles.sqf in the Server.pbo.  There is only compiles.sqf in @Dayz_Epoch/addons/dayz_code.pbo

This should be in your mission.pbo.

However, you may not have it in there if you haven't loaded up any scripts that required you to override the compiles.sqf in the game folder. 

Do you have a folder called custom, scripts or addons in your mission folder? If yes, is there compiles.sqf file in there? Can you run search on your mission file for compiles.sqf

If you don't have one then create a folder called custom in your mission folder. Put a copy of compiles.sqf in there from your dayz_code.pbo.

Then change this line in your mission init file:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";

to this:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";

then make the changes in piggd's post earlier in this thread, repack your mission.pbo, upload and away you go!

Hey Red,

I actually unpacked the dayz_code pbo where that file lives, made the change and packed it back up.  After server restart and forcing the user to clear his MPmission cache still no go.

I sent ya a PM any help would be great and rewarded

However, you may not have it in there if you haven't loaded up any scripts that required you to override the compiles.sqf in the game folder. 

Do you have a folder called custom, scripts or addons in your mission folder? If yes, is there compiles.sqf file in there? Can you run search on your mission file for compiles.sqf

If you don't have one then create a folder called custom in your mission folder. Put a copy of compiles.sqf in there from your dayz_code.pbo.

to this:

then make the changes in piggd's post earlier in this thread, repack your mission.pbo, upload and away you go!

Yeah I tried all of this, and I still get players who can't login the split is 50/50.  Half of the users can login play logout and log back in without issue.  The other half get stuck at black screen with sound after logging out and back in again.

This behavior tells me it has to do more with how players are read/spawned in from DB on re-log.  I went a step further and had them die to zombies/player etc.  They can spawn in after that no issue.  They can also spawn in the first time without issue after server restart.

The issue only happens upon second login.

This is working now, I had a bit of a different setup as I run a un-managed server.  Thank you ReD for the more in depth instructions.

Hello all, i'm have this problem with players stuck on loading screen. The main problem for me is when i try to change compile.sqf that i find in @DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo the digital sign on this file lost, and players can't connect due to verification error. Maybe i'm do something not right and someone can help me with this problem.

Thanks for solution piggd, it's really awesome ;)

Hello all, i'm have this problem with players stuck on loading screen. The main problem for me is when i try to change compile.sqf that i find in @DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo the digital sign on this file lost, and players can't connect due to verification error. Maybe i'm do something not right and someone can help me with this problem. 

Hey Akaiyuki2,

If you are using PBO manager and copying the file back in, you will always get that key error.  The tool I use to repack pbo files is cpbo.  I would do what ReDBaroN recommended to me.

ReDBaroN, on 14 Aug 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:snapback.png

to this:

Hey Akaiyuki2,

If you are using PBO manager and copying the file back in, you will always get that key error.  The tool I use to repack pbo files is cpbo.  I would do what ReDBaroN recommended to me.

Thanks, i repack pbo in this program and tested it with player who has this problem, and he can go past loading screen. So, i think the problem fixed ^^

Okay I never had a issue with this problem till I re-coded/worked my map from Chenarus to NAPF. Once I started joining on NAPF I started having this issue. 

It started 3 days ago(3 days after we installed the new stuff to my server) and ever since I've gone from 1 fail loading then I quit and tried again and it worked to 16 times I would try, with commander, dayz launcher and with a custom .bat file that works for EVERYONE else but me(Yes ironic that the server owner cant even join).

It's come to the point where I'm going to just throw my server in the bin because I'm sick and tired of this or I find a fix, that actually fixes it.

1. I have two issues with the "Fix" posted above : I'll upload 3 files to pastebin for someone to read.

Init.sqf http://pastebin.com/DMXtSHvp (In /MPMissions/DayZ_Overpoch_1.Napf)

Compiles.sqf http://pastebin.com/i0JYQZqn (In /MPMissions/DayZ_Overpoch_1.Napf/dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf)

Mission.sqf (Dunno if I need to post this) http://pastebin.com/ywG3rSWG (In /MPMissions/DayZ_Overpoch_1.Napf/mission.sqf)

Can't figure where to put the fix, I'm confused with the instructions. Completely confused because my Init.sqf points to that compiles.sqf file but in that file theres nothing about loading screen which I should be "Replacing". And I don't actually know if this is meant to be a client side issue or a server side. Everyone else seems to have no issues joining.

EDIT: It's my 35th time trying to join and I'm still getting the loading screen with sounds...................................... I've restarted, verified cache, reinstalled almost everything still the same issue. 6 people on my server have d/c'd numerous times to "Try and catch this "Bug".

Someone please, help me before I lose my sanity.

Okay I never had a issue with this problem till I re-coded/worked my map from Chenarus to NAPF. Once I started joining on NAPF I started having this issue. 

It started 3 days ago(3 days after we installed the new stuff to my server) and ever since I've gone from 1 fail loading then I quit and tried again and it worked to 16 times I would try, with commander, dayz launcher and with a custom .bat file that works for EVERYONE else but me(Yes ironic that the server owner cant even join).

It's come to the point where I'm going to just throw my server in the bin because I'm sick and tired of this or I find a fix, that actually fixes it.

1. I have two issues with the "Fix" posted above : I'll upload 3 files to pastebin for someone to read.

Init.sqf http://pastebin.com/DMXtSHvp (In /MPMissions/DayZ_Overpoch_1.Napf)

Compiles.sqf http://pastebin.com/i0JYQZqn (In /MPMissions/DayZ_Overpoch_1.Napf/dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf)

Mission.sqf (Dunno if I need to post this) http://pastebin.com/ywG3rSWG (In /MPMissions/DayZ_Overpoch_1.Napf/mission.sqf)

Can't figure where to put the fix, I'm confused with the instructions. Completely confused because my Init.sqf points to that compiles.sqf file but in that file theres nothing about loading screen which I should be "Replacing". And I don't actually know if this is meant to be a client side issue or a server side. Everyone else seems to have no issues joining.

EDIT: It's my 35th time trying to join and I'm still getting the loading screen with sounds...................................... I've restarted, verified cache, reinstalled almost everything still the same issue. 6 people on my server have d/c'd numerous times to "Try and catch this "Bug".

Someone please, help me before I lose my sanity.

Hey AdamG,

When I looked at your Compiles.sqf it looks like you didn't copy the original data from your /addons/dayz_code.pbo/init/compiles.sqf.  Try the following:

1. Copy the "Compiles.sqf" file from the dayz_code.pbo file
  2. Place it in your "/MPMissions/Dayz_Overpoch_1.Napf/Custom/" directory (if you don't have a "Custom" folder, make one).
  3. Then in your mission init.sqf file, make sure you change the line ""\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";" to """custom\compiles.sqf";" 
  4. Start your server and you should be all set.

Hey AdamG,

When I looked at your Compiles.sqf it looks like you didn't copy the original data from your /addons/dayz_code.pbo/init/compiles.sqf.  Try the following:

1. Copy the "Compiles.sqf" file from the dayz_code.pbo file
  2. Place it in your "/MPMissions/Dayz_Overpoch_1.Napf/Custom/" directory (if you don't have a "Custom" folder, make one).
  3. Then in your mission init.sqf file, make sure you change the line ""\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";" to """custom\compiles.sqf";" 
  4. Start your server and you should be all set.

Thanks mate I'll give it a crack when I get home from work.

Doesn't work at all. Players including myself are all stuck on the loading screen with "waiting for auth" bit....

Fixed it! I'm sorry to say this infistar but the issue is solely based on your anti-hack details below:

1. Decided to try and delete infistars anti hack files from my server.

2. Connected to the server, had some issues joining(Server not receiving mission file).

3. Deleted all lines referring/directing to infistar anti hack.

4. Connected to server, loaded in perfectly no issue with loading screen.

5. Reconnected/disconnected 20 times to make sure it was "Fixed".(everything worked no errors, no loading screen freezes).

6. Installed a different anti hack to see if it had anything to do with custom anti hack addons

7. Tried 20 times to confirm, new anti hack, no infistar and everything was fixed. Not one loading screen issue. 

8. Informed my players to try join(The ones that had the issues)

9. All players had no issues joining, they also tried more than 3 times to make sure. 

10. Restarted server, tried it, restarted again, tried it, restarted, tried it(several times) no issues.

11. Reinstalled Infistars anti hack and tried joining(At first it was fine for the first 3 connections to server, however after that it went back to the same and I continued to try for 12 times, including 5 restarts and another two times.

Conclusion: There is something with Infistars anti hack(May be for everyone or just me) that was blocking players, including myself from joining the server via the loading screen with sounds issue. I have contacted infistar to see what is happening as I'm not a coder and there are no logs with the infistar anti hack to look at.

Solution(For myself and maybe others): If you are using infistar antihack, make a backup of the files that you edited/placed and try the server without his anti hack(Try multiple times) If this does not solve your issue, then I may be wrong, but it actually works perfectly for me now. The downside is losing 40USD from getting rid of Infistars anti - hack, but that's up to you to weigh up wether it is worth getting rid of in replacement for no loading screen issue or wether to keep it for the functions(There are a few "Underground" anti hack addons/scripts that people have made that are actually pretty good/up to par with infistar, but again its up to you wether you want to make that choice). Hopefully infistar will find a fix for this if it does have anything to do with his anti hack(It does for me) because I still want to use his anti-hack regardless.

Hope this helped!

Problems like this are obviously a user Error else anyone would have it.

It would really help to post a server rpt file if this is being discussed on here.

A cause for this problem often is a missing $PREFIX$ file in the dayz_server.pbo

After repacking it, pbo manager sometimes eats it.

Might also be other small things, it can be missing a single ; or ' or " but just describing what's happening is not enough as I don't know what else you have edited or done.

So please .rpt file or try the new Update you have gotten earlier from me  :)

But overall we should not discuss anything anti-hack related in the public as often I find out about these posts when looking through new hacks.. those people are reading here as well - believe it or not ^^

I've replied to your email on Gmail and Hotmail with the files you requested! Thanks for the help mate

Well the simple fact is I've installed another anti hack, haven't touched my compiles, init or other files and I load in 99% of the time without a issue.

I've just tried reinstalling Infistar, same result. Black loading screen with sounds. Tried Piggd's solution also, Same result.

Someone care to help me ?

My logs don't show no issues.

I'm clueless with what to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to say I love dayz epoch and only started playing back in june ( total noob ) of this year and love all the fantastic work you all have done.

I just want to know if someone has a fix for this because I am having this issue currently ( Epoch -latest patch and all up to date- Chenarus ) on my favorite server. I have not been able to get back to playing at all sense the gamespy shut down and have been just waiting it out until the mess was sorted out or a patch came that fixed current problems. I have been waiting it out for someone to have a solid fix or know that it is being patched in.

I have no clue how to do all the stuff you guys do with scripts, etc, etc, so please break it down for a new player so I can get back to playing. Just ask me what you need and I will do my best to get what you need so I can help get this fixed.

I have know idea how to do what everyone here is talking about nor do I know where to start.

I have everything up to date, verified, and ran before opening DayZ Launcher. I have a video of what happens after I log in for the first time after uninstall and reinstall , but after that no go this is what happens.

There has to be something to fix this issue please. It would be greatly appreciated thank you.

I've been experiencing this issue frequently on my local dev server, no matter if connecting from the same machine, another machine with a different player UID, or a third computer coming from outside LAN.

Such problems are coming from scripting issues on the server side or the client side. In case of a script, this problematic script just aborts (not necessarily executing everything before the bad line) and if this happens during connecting, I will have no 3D image. I have read some speculations about AMD video drivers causing this, but I can repro it on the intel/intel machines as well...

If the problem is in the mission or server side scripts, no one will have video. If the problem is with the client (I got a rebuilt client with own key/signature, so no one can join the server except the testing guys and me), it's only the clients with issues that wont have video.

If you make this change in your compiles it has worked as work aorudn for me for months now.

Find this line in your compiles.sqf

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };
            if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { 
                endLoadingScreen;
		diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";
	     };

This should hook you up.

If you make this change in your compiles it has worked as work aorudn for me for months now.

Find this line in your compiles.sqf

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };
            if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { 
                endLoadingScreen;
		diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";
	     };

This should hook you up.

You have to excuse me please I am very very new at any of this kinda of stuff, but I have know idea where to even find this folder.

Thanks mate I'll give it a crack when I get home from work.

Doesn't work at all. Players including myself are all stuck on the loading screen with "waiting for auth" bit....

Fixed it! I'm sorry to say this infistar but the issue is solely based on your anti-hack details below:

Hope this helped!

Hate to say but I never had Inifistar and I've experienced the issue (in case there were script errors).

• 2 weeks later...

Yea

Hate to say but I never had Inifistar and I've experienced the issue (in case there were script errors).

Its not infistars fault as much as you may think it is! Piggds workaround works fine, both actually... init endloading screen workarounds and the compiles change, which you don't need a full compiles for, just the spawn block placed under your custom stuff with piggds workaround implemented.

I>E

if (!isDedicated) then {
    dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
    player_selectSlot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\ui_selectSlot.sqf";
    fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\fn_selfActions.sqf";
    player_updateGui  = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compile\player_updateGui.sqf";
    zombie_initialize = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\zombie_init.sqf";
    fnc_usec_damageHandler = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\fn_damageHandler.sqf";
    wild_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\wild_spawnZombies.sqf";
    player_switchModel = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\player_switchModel.sqf";
};
    [] spawn {
        private["_timeOut","_display","_control1","_control2"];
        disableSerialization;
        _timeOut = 0;
        dayz_loadScreenMsg = "";
        diag_log "DEBUG: loadscreen guard started.";
        _display = uiNameSpace getVariable "BIS_loadingScreen";
        if (!isNil "_display") then {
                _control1 = _display displayctrl 8400;
                _control2 = _display displayctrl 102;
        };