Clients Can Hear Sound & Move But Stuck On Loading?

Stoney

Anyone tried adding a spawned process at the end of whatever is logging the character out which continues to try and access the characters info (after logout) and report it to a diag_log line.  That may indicate if the player object is no longer available in the game world after logout (i.e. not correctly removed on logout).

I may get time to give this a go as I am getting the issue pretty consistantly at the moment on my test server.

Which script deals witht he player logout and removal from the game ?.

As for the client hardware suggestion, I have an ATI 7950 but still think it is game (beta bug or script) related.  Probably around something not completing in time (info back from Steam affected by their server load, scripts running on client machines subject to the client machines load at the time and game server network connectivity and load).

If I knew what the player login script chains were then I may be able to do some debugging and try to get to the bottom of this but no one has yet listed what the login / logout sequence of scripts is and manually working through all the code is a very time consuming job.

I will post up on Git to see if the devs are willing to share the process.

Issue raised on GitHub here.

Hi

I have had this same problem on my private server (not hosted) but only with the latest version with players spawning in and having the splash screen block the view..

From what I can make out, It is a timing issue in the code. One of the updates in the beta patches that BI have made has changed the player init timing or loaded more info when this happens.

It took me a while to figure it out and with lots of experimentation I have found a fix that works for me. Although my server may be a little different because it runs on a RAM drive on a dedicated high end PC. I did try on a couple of different PCs and it still seemed to be a good fix, but this was without other players joining.

It seems too simple but in the init.sqf file towards the bottom the -  #include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf" line is missing a semicolon. I think this is enough to cause a timing problem depending upon your hardware. I've also noticed that this line in the init.sqf has been missing the semicolon for quite a few versions now. I've been running various DayZ and Epoch servers over the past nearly 2 years. And yes I have been reading this forum for a long time now but never joined it because I didn't think I had anything to contribute. It has been an invaluable source of info and I'd like to thank everybody for that.

So in short:

in the init.sqf

Add a ';' to the end of the line

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"

so it looks like 

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf";    <---------- add the ;

This will complete the REsec.sqf include before it starts on the Dynamic weather exec and enable the remove splash screen command to work

It had worked perfectly for me and everybody else who has joined my server ever since I made the change. And that is with or without infiSTAR enabled.

I hope it helps.

Damn! Yes your right it does. I'll go through my files and double check what else I may have changed (there was a lot) . I must of missed something when I reverted my files during testing. I wont have time today or tomorrow but I will have time on the weekend. :wacko:  

Damn! Yes your right it does. I'll go through my files and double check what else I may have changed (there was a lot) . I must of missed something when I reverted my files during testing. I wont have time today or tomorrow but I will have time on the weekend. :wacko:  

The examples for the #include statements on the BIS community page also do not have ";" unfortunately :( .  Looks like they don't need them. 

I changed from the beta to the stable branch, disabled auto updates, deleted local content, disabled my antivirus and re-downloaded.  I have not had an issue logging in including resetting the alive field in the DB after death and re-logging in.  Needs more testing though.

I am still getting the issue with the gear menu autoclosing still though.

Here what I did and appears to be working like a champ:

I pulled all the endLoadingScreen; I had put in my init.sqf.  I then midfied my copiles.sqf

Reoplaed this line:

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };

With:

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith {
                endLoadingScreen;
                diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";
            };

So far seems to be working before I did I would restart be able to login.  Then I would log out and hang on restart.  After the change I was able to log out 3 times in a row with out disconnecting.  Then I discounnected and was able to log in with no issues.

I pulled all the endLoadingScreen; I had put in my init.sqf.  I then midfied my copiles.sqf

Reoplaed this line:

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };

With:

endLoadingScreen;

};

So far seems to be working before I did I would restart be able to login.  Then I would log out and hang on restart.  After the change I was able to log out 3 times in a row with out disconnecting.  Then I discounnected and was able to log in with no issues.

Hi piggd, is it still working? Do you think you have cracked it? I'm not a good test subject tbh as your last fix with it in the init seems to have stopped it happening for me, that I'm aware of...

Probably deserves a sticky from epochmod if this is the ultimate answer to this problem....

Reoplaed this line:

With:

endLoadingScreen;

};

tested on my dev server, cant reproduce, will up it on main servers in less than an hour and report back

Reoplaed this line:

With:

endLoadingScreen;

};

Added to my Overpoch Taviana server, seems to be working perfect. Going to throw it on all servers tomorrow, thanks!

Made an account here to share how I have managed to fix this for my players on our server. As stated before, they would load in and hear in game sounds, could move around and such, but the screen would stay frozen on the load in pic/timer.

I had them try this prior to testing for a solution myself, but to no avail.

I have not determined what triggers this problem and haven't been able to replicate it either, but I have managed to fix it for 6 players so far on our server. Someone mentioned earlier about Player ID being involved, and this does seem to be the case. From what I can tell, the affected player loads in with the problem above, but it is under their old Player ID. (before the Steam conversion) For some reason, no matter how many times they reinstall or try to flush VRAM or verify settings/files, it still happens. It seems that once this error occurs, the affected player has a session that is bugged on the server, forcing it to stay active so that when they log in they are affectively logging into a player already online (even if not listed un the player list or RCON)

To fix this without removing their data from the database and messing up any Plot Pole saves or anything of that sort, I had each player log in and let the error occur. Once they were at a point where they could hear sound and move around again but couldn't see, I temp banned (perm banning works also) each one and had them force close their games. To note, we use infistar antihack and when someone is banned they are killed. Each of these players had a body in game that would die from that session. Afterwards, I would unban each of them in game and check to make sure bans were removed from our database as well. After that, every player was able to load in fine as if nothing ever happened. Each player logged back in with the same stats, the same gear and even the same location. The dead body would still be there as well and the players would be logged in under their correct Steam ID's.

Hope this helps.

~dots

Reoplaed this line:

With:

endLoadingScreen;

};

Can I just clarify that people had the problem with the loading screen on the newest beta patch; 125548?

I was experianceing this issue the other night but I just wiped all the characters on the DB and everyone was able to login fine. . . :/

Shouuuld I add the load-screen fix if this randomly occurs again?

Or should I just add it now to be sure new players can login?

Im not really sure what the bug is here and I am sorry if someone has already explained it in full detail on this thread, I am just unsure if this is affecting new players, old players, everyone? I have yet to see the issue for myself,, I have been able to login fine since players reported this on my server.

Reoplaed this line:

With:

endLoadingScreen;

};

I tried this on my Overpoch server and I still get users that get stuck at black screen with sound.  What is really odd, is that I cannot get it to happen to myself.  I have tried over and over and yet I never see this issue,

Are you putting this in just the Epoch dayz_code or Overwatch dayz_code?

Also on a side note, this is only happening to some users I had another come in and joined just fine.