Can not construct using keyboard keypad

Getrightsittight

Question

Hello all, ever since the server I've been playing on updated to 1.0.2.1 I have been unable to place items I newly construced down using the pgup and pgdn on my keyboard. I've also tried altering the custom controls and these did not work at all. I've then reinstalled epoch twice and still get the same result. No one else on the server is having this issue so far but me. My keypad works perfectly fine looking around, but once I an item to construct, the instructions that show up on the screen do not work when I push the buttons intended. Does anyone have any idea whats going on here?

A few things to note:

• This only occured after I installed 1.0.2.1 from dayz commander
  • I have reinstalled 1.0.2.1 from dayz commander
  • Num Lock is on (If it even matters, I have also tried it without)
  • I am not in my gear while I am moving
  • I've tried with both a weapon equipped and unequipped
  • I've tried with both items crafted before and after the update
  • I've tried using custom controls
  • I've tried smashing all buttons on my keyboard to see if something happens... Nothing happens.
  • I've deleted the MP cache and redownloaded after joining the server.

So far I am trying once more to download the patch via utorrent and see if this will help. But either way, I ask again. Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening?

13 answers to this question

not likely it is the client side as no one else has the problem. I would have the server owner double check they have included/updated everything properly. Also you can test this by joining another server and testing out the building. You can test on our dev server to rule out any issues with your client.

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/610-dayzepochcom-dev-server/

I've confirmed I can build on your Dev server, not sure what the issue could be then. Would you have any ideas?

Edit: To help the Server owner has given me a list of all the custom mods they have installed.

• Sarge ai
  • Repair/refuel
  • Debug menu
  • Admin tools
  • and a latest version epoch weather data that has all weather off, and then a load screen.

Just to clear things up, I'm the owner of the server that getrightsittight is asking about. I run my server through Dayz.st and they surprised me 2 days ago with the update to the latest epoch. I started from the base mission and server files, which i still use the base server files, and worked in each mod, one at a time. I checked everything as well, since this issue getright is having, was happening to everyone on the server before. I removed all of the mods and started over, and left out majority of what I had originally placed in the game due to those conflicting with the base building. I finally came to a stable point where everyone in the server was able to build except for 1 individual person. Getright is one of my moderators, and I do not run any current anti-hacks on this server. All of the battleye files are exactly how they were from the server files. I have not edited any FTP required content on this server, only the mission.pbo