Question

Test done with 3 identical set ups. 

Vanilla servers with only epoch mod. 

1.0.4.2 - No issue

1.0.5 - Issue Present

1.0.5.1 - Issue Present

Description of issue:

Players can join the server just fine initially with no issues. 

Issue happens after player disconnects from server. 

Unable to join the server and gets stuck after the server does database checks. 

You can hear player sounds but have no visual. 

Typically the DayZ epoch loading screen with empty status bar and number can get stuck at 2, sometimes 3. 

Current Solution:

For anyone experiencing this issue the only recommendation I can make is to keep your server's community on 1.0.4.2 until the dev's locate and resolve this issue. 

I had this problem and it was down to one of the mods.

Try the vanilla files and it will work.

My advice is to turn all your mods off in your mission file and start them up one by one until you find out which one (or more than one hence starting with all switched off) is causing the problem.

To be honest pretty much most my scripts needed some attention.

The update to 105 is a biggie!

Well that's not very helpful as a host as technically they have installed it and got something wrong somewhere.

I have 1.0.5.1 installed and running with all my mods and only one error in my rpt that should get fixed with the arma upgrade over the next couple of days.

You need to push the host for a good install.

Okay i've narrowed it down a little, I get stuck on the loading screen when i add in my custom buildings via the init?

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\main.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\fbase.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\roadblock.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\supertrader.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\crates.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\NEWBASE.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\warham.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\crybase.sqf";

I have did this for a long time, no bother, the files are there

This is definitely the cause of my problem, thoroughly tested.

Any Ideas guys?

Edit: Map edits contain Killhouses and extra barracks.

Guys IDK if it will help, but i solved this ^^^^

by adding my custom buildings to the part of the init where trader cities are called from, instead of the bottom of the file.

:)

I think what you are talking about and what this thread was started as are 2 different things.

What i have noticed is that some players can log in and have no troubles what so ever, these players are usually on newer PC's. The one that hang where they can hear themselves in game running around have older PC's. The ones I know of are on AM3 PC's with AMD 5770.Graphics cards, an AM3 with an Nvidia 640 and one with a laptop that gets in sometimes and sometimes not.

I have done lots of testing with the players having trouble, I killed them in the database and they got in but if the relogged they hung again on load with the same hear themselves running around.

We shot them while they were running around and it gave a kill message. They would try to log back in and be right where they were when they logged in the first time and we shot them.

When they log in they look like they have no inventory, no guns.

I myself have never had this happen to me.

I think this is the issue the OP was talking about. I would really like some insight into what could be causing this.

I think what you are talking about and what this thread was started as are 2 different things.

What i have noticed is that some players can log in and have no troubles what so ever, these players are usually on newer PC's. The one that hang where they can hear themselves in game running around have older PC's. The ones I know of are on AM3 PC's with AMD 5770.Graphics cards, an AM3 with an Nvidia 640 and one with a laptop that gets in sometimes and sometimes not.

I have done lots of testing with the players having trouble, I killed them in the database and they got in but if the relogged they hung again on load with the same hear themselves running around.

We shot them while they were running around and it gave a kill message. They would try to log back in and be right where they were when they logged in the first time and we shot them.

When they log in they look like they have no inventory, no guns.

I myself have never had this happen to me.

I think this is the issue the OP was talking about. I would really like some insight into what could be causing this.

I solved my issues by doing a fresh epoch install with no mods.  The other difference is I'm using 125402 now instead of 124879.  I'm not sure what was causing it, but it was not my computer "age".  My computer is newer with I7 with SLI 660 ti and 8 gigs of ram on windows 8.1.  I don't know what caused the issue but since my fresh install it has gone away and no more problem.

I just did a clean install of the server, all files arma and arma 2,1.0.5.1 client and server, with a clean database. Same issue, some people spawn, grab gear, log out then  back in and hang.

This doesn't make any sense at all. I am lost.

Try the vanilla files and it will work.

My advice is to turn all your mods off in your mission file and start them up one by one until you find out which one (or more than one hence starting with all switched off) is causing the problem.

As stated in my original post, these test's were conducted with Vanilla servers. (aka NO MODS. Fresh epoch install)

Are you on a dedicated or enterprise box? If you have a server with a host then surely you qualify for their support to help that's the case?

Did you install it or someone else like a host?

I have purchased a dedicated server running windows server 2008. Xeon - E3 1270 / 16GB Ram / 256GB SSD / 1GB port through http://100tb.com 

The only things I have installed on the machine are both C++ 2013 redistributable's x86/x64, and .NET 4. 

I should also add that I setup a completely separate dev environment on my home machine and ran into the exact same issues.

No need to contact any other support aside from epoch dev's. As a veteran 20 year service tech I have troubleshot this issue to be in the 1.0.5.* update.

We all just need to wait patiently for the dev's to identify the issue and release a patch that should resolve the issue. (or a community member with more knowledge than I to come up with a work around.) 

Have setup every version in the past couple days on my dedicated server. Currently running 112555 Epoch vanilla and Overpoch and 1.0.5.1 and  experienced similar  issue's. I resolved them . had to adjust my bandwidth settings slightly. But other then that and making sue battleye server was up to date. The issues went away.

This problem sounds like it is from people who use hosters, they may have screwed some files up on there end. I edit all my own server files and run my own server, updated to 1.0.5.1 and no problems here.

Again,  I am having this issue from a dedicated server (not a "hoster"). I am not using TCAdmin..... I am not using vilayer or gameservers..... I am logging into a windows machine and running a "VANILLA" server (means from scratch, nothing added). No custom scripts, no plugins, no bells and whistles. Just arma2 -> Arrowhead install + epoch + database config. 

Again,  I am having this issue from a dedicated server (not a "hoster"). I am not using TCAdmin..... I am not using vilayer or gameservers..... I am logging into a windows machine and running a "VANILLA" server (means from scratch, nothing added). No custom scripts, no plugins, no bells and whistles. Just arma2 -> Arrowhead install + epoch + database config. 

I am also running the same, and I have a friend who also runs an epoch server with the same vanillia install. We are both seeing players having problems logging on.