Stuck at loading screen

Brockie

Question

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade my server to 1.0.5.

I finished the updating, I'm still using 103718, and the RPT looks very clean.  The only error I saw was a warning about local_setrefuel.sqf and I think that must be for my WAI.

But the problem is when the server finished loading up, the loading screen never goes away.  I can hear my player moving around and the sounds of the environment but all I can see is loading screen.

Double checking my files atm but does anyone have a clue what might cause this?

I too have this problem. I have upgraded the server from 1.0.3.1 to 1.0.5 with arma being 112555. After the update the server would start normally, and I and my test player could connect once, but most of the time we are stuck at the loading screen with the character being in game, able to hear, and moving (with player input) if observed by someone that could get on the server. 

We have tried deleting a player out of the database and they could log in once. Then we tried killing them, and they could get in once. We then updated to the latest beta through steam, 128xxx I believe, and it still did it. The only time that I could get in was while the server was loading and it was part way through reading the DB, and even that might have been a coincidence.

I have seen no .rpt problems that could cause this (other than a constant spam of something along the lines of error in line 248 of server_functions.sqf. Something to do with serverVehicleCounter) and there are no errors in either the server log or the db log. 

Anyone else having this problem?

Not quite sure on what you mean there chief.

Personally, I can have my server set up absolutely fine, I will load in as either an admin or regular player fine and test it many times each way. Anti-hacks installed, anti-hacks un-installed. Like I did last night, restarting it between each attempt I had at connecting. All fine. Then this morning I try to connect, to actually play and fart beans etc. Stuck on loading screen. Number 3 in the bottom corner and I can hear myself walking, and the background noise. Several times in testing 1.0.5 and 1.0.5.1 out on the spare server, this would happen where no files have been edited at all, but I will go from being able to connect to the server fine and then suddenly not. Very frustrating. A friend has the same issue with their server too.

It was happening to me every time I joined.  I fixed mine by rebuilding my server from the ground up rather then trying to copy and paste from my old server.  Turns out some of my mods don't work on the new 1.0.5.1 (like spawn select). 

You all need to compare/update ALL files you have pulled from dayz_code.pbo to your mission file.

A lot of the commonly used files have changed in 1.0.5+

It's not a bug with Epoch 1.0.5, it's a bug with your mission files. :)

You all need to compare/update ALL files you have pulled from dayz_code.pbo to your mission file.

A lot of the commonly used files have changed in 1.0.5+

It's not a bug with Epoch 1.0.5, it's a bug with your mission files. :)

Simply, No.

So, i found a working solution in a german forum, however it su***...

Downgrade both your client and server version to  103718 and it should work... i hope there is a better fix.

Okay i've narrowed it down a little, I get stuck on the loading screen when i add in my custom buildings via the init?

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\main.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\fbase.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\roadblock.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\supertrader.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\crates.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\NEWBASE.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\warham.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\crybase.sqf";

I have did this for a long time, no bother, the files are there

This is definitely the cause of my problem, thoroughly tested.

Any Ideas guys?

Edit: Map edits contain Killhouses and extra barracks.

try instead calling it from the bottom of server_functions.sqf :

execVM "buildings\bases.sqf";

that would not work if its in the dayz_server.pbo only way for that to work is if to be in the same folder mate

Okay i've narrowed it down a little, I get stuck on the loading screen when i add in my custom buildings via the init?

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\main.sqf";

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\fbase.sqf";

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\roadblock.sqf";

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\supertrader.sqf";

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\crates.sqf";

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\NEWBASE.sqf";

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\warham.sqf";

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\crybase.sqf";

I have did this for a long time, no bother, the files are there

This is definitely the cause of my problem, thoroughly tested.

Any Ideas guys?

Edit: Map edits contain Killhouses and extra barracks.

get rid of the [] mates not needed and causes issues

EDIT: make sure you have the killhouses etc added to your mission.sqm error messages seem to get you stuck in loading screen

that would not work if its in the dayz_server.pbo only way for that to work is if to be in the same folder mate

get rid of the [] mates not needed and causes issues

EDIT: make sure you have the killhouses etc added to your mission.sqm error messages seem to get you stuck in loading screen

oh you are right sorry you need to put the full path:

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\bases.sqf";

I will update my post.

Regardless I happen to know he has fixed the problem:

so it is solved.

It is in the dayz_server.pbo look at how he is calling it.  [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\crybase.sqf";

That is the server pbo.  He is simply calling it from the init.sqf.

Regardless I happen to know he has fixed the problem:

so it is solved.

if he has the server_functions.sqf in a folder you have to put the format like this execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\crybase.sqf"; if not then u could do the way you said but most people have it in the init folder in the server pbo

The path is correct, and when i tried calling it from the Server pbo you get the common double spawning error with the buildings.

Always used to call my buildings like this, maybe people are getting stuck at loading screen for some other reason, but that's what it was for me

I am also having this problem. Fully updated to 125402 on fresh install. I can log onto the server once, then when I try to return I get tuck at the log on screen with the number 3 in the bottom right corner.

Earlier today, I was able to successfully log onto one server, but not another that I know as a fresh install with no mods.