1.0.5 Steam ports and reporting IP

ranoko

Question

I havent seen this mentioned yet but how do you go about adding the server to steam server instead of gamespy? I know you have to change the reportingIP to steam but im not sure were the address is and https://community.bi...itional_details is still showing gamespy. Also do you have to add steamPort = <number>; and steamQueryPort = <number>; to your config.cfg? I'd rather be ahead of gamespy shutting down instead of behind : ) One last thing, are we going to have to change our server ports as well for this to work? I would love to update to the latest build of arma OA but as i understand it, it must report to steam.

15 answers to this question

Just found this for anyone that is interested while reading this thread.  I Should of researched a little harder last night : ((

Example of Multiple servers and steamports and query. found here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server (arma 3 and arma 2 use the same default ports!)

SERVER 1 
2300 UDP (steamport) 
2301 UDP (Steam query port) 
2302 UDP (used for game) 
2303 UDP (used for server reporting) 
2304 UDP (? no information available for this port useage) 
2305 UDP (used for VoN transmissions) 
so open ports 2300-2305 
and leave at least 10 ports between the next server set

SERVER 2 
2320 UDP (steamport) 
2321 UDP (Steam query port) 
2322 UDP (used for game) 
2323 UDP (used for server reporting) 
2324 UDP (? no information available for this port useage) 
2325 UDP (used for VoN transmissions) 
so open ports 2320-2325 
leave at least 10 ports then repeat the process for No3 server etc

So, are you guys switching to steam now instead of dayzcommander?

No news of if Commander will still work? (Anyone know if dotjosh will use steam search? I thought I'd read he was working on integrating it!).

I want to swap over to steam as reporting IP instead of gamespy at the right time, but not lose too many players by doing it too early :P

My test servers are currently running the new patch and I have them pointed to steam. Currently steam server browser does not support arma2 ATM but will soon I hope. The only way I can access my test server is from the in game multiplayer server browser. Other than that you cannot see my test server from DZC as of right now.

My test servers are currently running the new patch and I have them pointed to steam. Currently steam server browser does not support arma2 ATM but will soon I hope. The only way I can access my test server is from the in game multiplayer server browser. Other than that you cannot see my test server from DZC as of right now.

Steam uses different server tags than gamespy (not to mention different ports and query protocols). DZC will need to be updated for the steam server browser or it will cease to work functionally as a server browser post-gamespy. I believe play with six works with the new steam server browser though.

what about multiple servers? do they have to be different ?

Yes each server instance needs its own ports for these 2 settings

steamport = 2300;

steamqueryport = 2301;

what about multiple servers? do they have to be different ?

Yes you must give at least ten port spaces per server you have setup. Check up a few posts. There is a link that goes into great detail about the port forwarding. Its for arma3 but its the same for arma 2

oo its showing in the server browser?  Mine still wont but i only but the steam ports in and no tags.  How did you get it to show?

Mine is showing in the Arma 2 in-game Multiplayer list.  I just added the ports to get it to show.  One hang up I had was the bat file that points to the arma2server.exe was pointing to the \beta subdirectory.  Turns out when you update with Steam's beta (whatever it is 124857???) then it updates the exe in the main arma2 folder.  I checked the RPT file to see the wrong version.  Hope that helps.  

By any chance, could you do me a solid and tell me if you can connect? if not, tell me why?  thanks,bro