What are the chances of this happening?

ZarX

What are the chances that you guys could maybe slip in all the weapons packs that overwatch uses straight into epoch? Literally the only thing people take from overwatch are the weapons and vehicles. Is it possible for you all to just slip those into the 1.05 update? Kind of make life easier on people and give a huge variety of weapons?

They would need permission from the authors and Vilas removed his when he whored his arse to Origins, basically Origins paid him to remove permission to use his addons, He went round all the Dayz mods telling them to stop using his addons and that only Origins had permission.

I can't see Epoch paying him so that makes all the Vilas guns, hello kitty cars etc a no go.

The rest Overwatch use are the Robert Hammer packs, I've no idea what his stance is.

vilas' mods are freely available and free to use for anyone as an INDIVIDUAL or as a mod addon to a server, to package them inside a mod requires permission to use his work as it's being redistributed inside another addon.

Which is the same stance most addon makers have.

Generally most model/addon makers are happy for you to use thier work if you give them credit and ask permission if you are repackaging thier work.  It's just a shame vilas took the stance he did due to the whole Origins situation.

FYI, I don't like the Origins situation nor the way they went about things any more than anyone else.

Maybe if the Epoch devs approached vilas now, he might be more open to the idea, who knows...

Just for clearification: Origins is not dead yet: https://www.facebook.com/originsmod

It is dead, they breached the BIS license, always have and always will as they only created the mod for the sole purpose of making money.

Kingcunt won't develop the mod for free like Epoch devs do, they had exclusive license deals with GSP's so Origins servers costs a premium with that money being split between Kingcunt/GP, Vilas and Martin.

It is dead, they breached the BIS license, always have and always will as they only created the mod for the sole purpose of making money.

Kingcunt won't develop the mod for free like Epoch devs do, they had exclusive license deals with GSP's so Origins servers costs a premium with that money being split between Kingcunt/GP, Vilas and Martin.

Seems like there is always a dude in the internet who knows better...

Dear community of Origins Mod,

In response to numerous questions to us, we want to clarify the situation around our mod.

By opinion of the Bohemia Interactive we are violating their rights and should accept following conditions (requirements):

- Origins Mod must match a new licenses of the Bohemia Interactive;

- All our work, we must to release under license DML-SA (http://www.bistudio.com/english/community/licenses/dayz-mod-license-share-alike);

The essence of the new licenses is to ensure that we are required to put our content and unique experience for use in other mods.

We agreed to release Origins Mod under the following licenses:

- The content, taken from Dayz Mod Community Edition 1.7.2.6 (2012 august), are part of the Origins mod is licensed under the DML-SA;

- The content of Origins Mod, created by Origins Team, licensed under the APL (http://www.bistudio.com/english/community/licenses/arma-public-license) provided the use / modification with the consent of the authors.

The position of all developers of Origins Mod is that the adoption of DML-SA for the entire content Origins Mod lead to loss of identity and atmosphere of our favorite mod.

Communication with Bohemia Interactive is slowed down by not answering the calls and not answering mails about negotiation this issue.

That it does not allow us to issue timely updates Origins Mod.

We are continue our work on the mod.

Sincerely,

Origins Mod developers team.

It's alive until all the servers are gone and all the devs stopped working on it.

I'm not saying that its right what they do, but the fact of the matter is: It's still alive.

Anyway, lets get back to topic.

Content creators still own and have rights over thier content.

Bohemia owns and has rights over anything using Arma/Arma2/Arma3/DayZ content.

As far as I know now.. anything made for Arma can be used freely regardless of asking for permission since the changes BI made a few months back.

Anything made WITH BIS content can be used freely for the appropriate BIS titles.

Anything made by Joe Public and used/released as part of a mod and the inclusive content of that addon/mod is property of the respective owner, I.E Joe Public

Depending on the associated licensing text(s) that come with most mods/addons, you have to abide by the licensing in that documentation. 

Some are happy for thier stuff to be freely dstributed, other's want credit. 

Some mods prohibit the changing of the contained code, others do not.

Most require permission from the author before doing any of the above.

Generally anything released in sqf/sqs/sqm coding is property of BIS.  But in the community spirit people do not mess with other peoples work unless permission is sought first.

However, the content associated with the addons, the models, textures, sounds, etc are property of the content creator(s) and they have sole rights over thier own content, hense they can ask for removal of thier content at any time, for any reason.

And, yes asking permission is being polite, rather than just using other peoples work without asking them first, and upholds the community spirit.

The only thing that's ever achieved by taking other people's work without permission is dwindling publicly released content.  Which effects everyone and the community as a whole.

So as far as the quoted statement goes above, you might want to read through the licencing again. :D

Just for clearification: Origins is not dead yet: https://www.facebook.com/originsmod

Until they square away their beef with BI then they can't release anything. They won't reach an agreement with BI as BI wants it all to be controlled by them and I hope it does happen because Origins and crew are greedy assholes who steal copyrighted code.

Seems like there's always a fanboi who can't accept the truth :p

Time will tell but Origins won't be coming back, the new BIS terms were created because of Origins, BIS now own the trademark and all code belonging to the Dayz mod.

Origins are using that same code to make money, that is against the terms of the license, Origins won't share the files with BIS because they know the code is Dayz mod code, so now they have 2 choices :

1 - Release the files to the public but make no money through exclusive license deals

2 - Write their own code from scratch, kinda pointless seeing how everyone will soon move to ArmA 3, even the official Dayz mod is no longer being worked on.

It's alive until all the servers are gone and all the devs stopped working on it.

I'm not saying that its right what they do, but the fact of the matter is: It's still alive.

Anyway, lets get back to topic.

All that says is they disagree with BI and aren't getting their calls returned. Now that BI has taken action, it's dead.

Seems like there's always a fanboi who can't accept the truth :P

Never played a minute of Origins. I just don't like hater. :P

Don't get me wrong. I just love facts. Nothing else.

Yes, that is what they say and that they continue developing (without releasing). There are still plenty of server online. Guess they have to die first, right?

Man some of you people understand copyright but the there are a few who don't. They don't have to sue kingcunt, all they have to do is put pressure on the isp's.

Once that is done, He will be finished. All that needs to to be done are the isp's who have his content, just release it. he will have to run his own servers and once that happens it will be tits up. As for you supporters of kingcunt, he uses code that is not his or has been aquired with out permissions. He uses abuses copyrights by using daymod which is owned by BIS. I wish they would sue him, he couldnt afford lawyers like BIS have and he would be bankrupted in mear months.

Man some of you people understand copyright but the there are a few who don't. They don't have to sue kingcunt, all they have to do is put pressure on the isp's.

Once that is done, He will be finished. All that needs to to be done are the isp's who have his content, just release it. he will have to run his own servers and once that happens it will be tits up. As for you supporters of kingcunt, he uses code that is not his or has been aquired with out permissions. He uses abuses copyrights by using daymod which is owned by BIS. I wish they would sue him, he couldnt afford lawyers like BIS have and he would be bankrupted in mear months.

I've heard KingCunt is actully quite well off :unsure: No idea how true it is but he's been milking the gaming community for years, also his forum is riddled with adverts and Origins sent a lot of traffic his way, traffic = money.

BIS are only a small company, a cease and decist letter to anyone hosting the files should stop him, suing though is another ball game.

Nice to meet someone else who calls the prick KingCunt :D like minds and all ..

I've heard KingCunt is actully quite well off :unsure: No idea how true it is but he's been milking the gaming community for years, also his forum is riddled with adverts and Origins sent a lot of traffic his way, traffic = money.

BIS are only a small company, a cease and decist letter to anyone hosting the files should stop him, suing though is another ball game.

Nice to meet someone else who calls the prick KingCunt :D like minds and all ..

Yes Kingcunt is well off. He lives in dubai and I forgot what company he owns over there but most of the money that he made from the mod is chump change for him. But it also allows him to be a greedy bastard.