MattL

I execute Airdrops from an action menu, no matter where its called from, Its going to work. Notebooks are hard to get cursor target on, Maybe put it on a table and use table as well for the cursortarget.

I execute Airdrops from an action menu, no matter where its called from, Its going to work. Notebooks are hard to get cursor target on, Maybe put it on a table and use table as well for the cursortarget.

hmm could be that.. what about just making it the ai I use as a banker?

Is it a safezone ? Whats the point of looting the airdrops without any risk

no, my banks are not in safe zones.. that would be pointless yes.

The reason I dont want to use tables, is because a lot of my traders have tables in front of them and i only want people to be able to access these at banks which are not in safe zones.

Alright, 2 small requests...
Perhaps a global or system chat message which notifies all players on the server that the carepackage will arrive in X amount of seconds and to check their map for the marker.. and then something that deletes the marker off the map either in X amount of time or once the carepackage has been captured, similar to a mission.

If anyone has any ideas please share, thanks!

Alright, 2 small requests...

Perhaps a global or system chat message which notifies all players on the server that the carepackage will arrive in X amount of seconds and to check their map for the marker.. and then something that deletes the marker off the map either in X amount of time or once the carepackage has been captured, similar to a mission.

If anyone has any ideas please share, thanks!

I will try to work on that, Global notification should be easy.

To add in Global Notification :

Find :

_positionM = [_getPos select 0, _getPos select 1];

Add this after :

_playerName = name player;

Find :
lastpack = time;

Add this before :
_message = format["%1 has called in an AirDrop, It is marked on your map, Go Capture it !",_playerName];
[nil,nil,rTitleText,_message, "PLAIN",6] call RE;
diag_log text format["[AirDrop]: Air Drop Called By a player Successfully"];

excellent I'll make the necessary changes thanks a lot man.

Im having a look into DZMS to see if I can't figure out how to delete the marker when a player captures the crate.. should be pretty similar

cake. do a waituntil then check a distance for a player, if a player gets within 5 meters or so the crate is captured. obviously give 90 seconds or so before deleting the crate after its been captured

I'll try :)

Oh also that message works but it doesn't take into account the cooldown. So even though you have to wait X amount of time before you can another one in, it notifies everyone that you've called another one in.

EDIT-
This appears to be how DZMS does it

DZMSWaitMissionComp = {
    private["_objective","_unitArrayName","_numSpawned","_numKillReq"];

_objective = _this select 0;
    _unitArrayName = _this select 1;

call compile format["_numSpawned = count %1;",_unitArrayName];
    _numKillReq = ceil(DZMSRequiredKillPercent * _numSpawned);

diag_log text format["[DZMS]: (%3) Waiting for %1/%2 Units or Less to be Alive and a Player to be Near the Objective.",(_numSpawned - _numKillReq),_numSpawned,_unitArrayName];

call compile format["waitUntil{sleep 1; ({isPlayer _x && _x distance _objective <= 30} count playableUnits > 0) && ({alive _x} count %1 <= (_numSpawned - _numKillReq));};",_unitArrayName];

if (DZMSSceneryDespawnTimer > 0) then {_objective spawn DZMSCleanupThread;};
};

and this

//function to clean up mission objects
DZMSCleanupThread = {
    //sleep for the despawn timer length
    [DZMSSceneryDespawnTimer,20] call DZMSSleep;

//delete flagged nearby objects
    {
        if (_x getVariable ["DZMSCleanup",false]) then {
            _x call DZMSPurgeObject;
        };
    } forEach (_this nearObjects 50);
};

Im having a bit of trouble adapting this

I'll try :)

Oh also that message works but it doesn't take into account the cooldown. So even though you have to wait X amount of time before you can another one in, it notifies everyone that you've called another one in.

That shouldnt be happening, its after the cooldown check 

you're right, my mistake I fixed it.

Trying to look at other scripts to get an example of what matt is talking about. DZMS is just using too many variables and it doesn't make it very clear to me.

This is the line you can look at 

waitUntil{sleep 1; ({isPlayer _x && _x distance _objective <= 30} count playableUnits > 0) && ({alive _x} count %1 <= (_numSpawned - _numKillReq));};

Add this at the end of the file :

waitUntil{
sleep 1;
(({isPlayer _x && _x distance _box <= 5} count playableUnits > 0));
};

sleep 90;
deleteMarker "MarkerDrop";

_message = format["Good Job Survivors. The Air Drop has been Captured",_playerName];
diag_log text format["[AirDrop]: Air Drop captured Successfully. Deleting Marker"];

Add this at the end of the file :

waitUntil{
sleep 1;
};

sleep 90;

_message = format["Good Job Survivors. The Air Drop has been Captured",_playerName];
diag_log text format["[AirDrop]: Air Drop captured Successfully. Deleting Marker"];

Yea I had basically figured out how that waituntil line should look but then I didn't know where to go from that because that just tells it to wait for a player to be near it, but then it doesn't tell it what to do after that. Thanks for this I'll give it a shot

no luck. Doesn't delete the marker or the box and I followed matt's advice and removed a block of code so the parachute moves freely in the wind and now it just falls from the sky haha.

I removed this block of code here

/*
while {getPos _box select 2 > 4} do
{
 _chute SetVelocity [0,0,_downspeed];
 uiSleep 0.1;
};
*/

and I added this bit to the end of the script.  No RPT errors in client or server.

waitUntil{
sleep 1;
};

sleep 90;
deleteVehicle _boxx;

_message = format["The Air Drop has been Captured",_playerName];

gonna try commenting that part back in and see if that changes anything.

Ultimately my goal is to get it to work similarly to the An2 mission on DZMS.. I want a marker to be placed when you call the carepackage, and that marker to be deleted and another one placed where the carepackage lands. I want the carepackage to travel freely in the wind so it doesn't land directly on top of where you called it. Im using notebooks inside the ATC's to call the carepackage so I dont want it landing on the building.

DZMS does something like this

_wp = _aiGrp addWaypoint [[(_coords select 0), (_coords select 1),150], 0];
_wp setWaypointType "MOVE";
_wp setWaypointBehaviour "CARELESS";
_wp_pos = waypointPosition [_aiGrp,1];
deleteWaypoint [_aiGrp, 1];
_wp2 = _aiGrp addWaypoint [[0,0,150], 0];
_wp2 setWaypointType "MOVE";
_wp2 setWaypointBehaviour "CARELESS";

Ok so Ive got this script running basically how I want it. I'd like to try and change up the way the loot spawns in it a bit, because as it is now it will pick only one weapon from the array. I'd like it to select a few weapons at random from the array.  Once I get that working this will be perfect. But here it is so far...

Quick explanation.... player calls in crate, makes a marker on the map at players position. A message notifies the server that a player has called in a carepackage and it will land in X amount of time. Crate falls in parachute, blown by the wind. When it lands, the original marker is deleted and a new one is created on the boxes position. A message notifies the server that the box has landed.  When a player gets close to the box, a message notifies the server that a player has reached the box and it will delete the box in X amount of time. After that time has passed the box and the map marker are deleted.

private ["_cost","_positionM","_Marker","_LastUsedTime","_height","_downspeed","_wealth","_distance","_boxtype","_unit","_getPos","_position","_box","_chute","_smoke","_var","_textt","_tools","_items","_walls","_supplies","_weapon","_weapon2","_weapon3","_weapon4","_weapon5","_weapon6","_giveWep","_possibleMags","_mag","_whichBuild","_crateItems","_text","_getPos2","_positionB"];

_cost = 1000;
_wealth = player getVariable["cashMoney",0];
_distance = 500;
_boxtype = "USVehicleBox_EP1";
_LastUsedTime = 900;
_height = 100;
_downspeed = -3;
_OnlineLimit = 1;
_unit = player;
_getPos = getPos _unit;
_position = [_getPos select 0, (_getPos select 1) - 5, _height];

//System Chat Message
//System Chat Message

//item lists
_tools = ["ItemEtool","ItemKnife","ItemGPS","ItemFishingPole","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemCrowbar"];
_items = ["ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanCorn","FoodNutmix","ItemSodaClays","FoodCanSardines","ItemKiloHemp"];
_walls = ["ItemWoodWallGarageDoor","ItemWoodWallWithDoorLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallGarageDoor","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit"];
_supplies = ["CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","ItemTankTrap","PartWoodPlywood","PartWoodLumber","ItemPole","PartGlass"];

_giveWep = ["DMR","FHQ_ACR_WDL_TWS_SD","BAF_LRR_scoped","USSR_cheytacM200_sd","m107_DZ","BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_possibleMags = getArray (configfile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _giveWep >> "magazines");
_mag = _possibleMags select 0;

//select arrays to use
_crateItems = [_walls,_supplies,_items] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_Time = time - lastpack;

if(_Time < _LastUsedTime) exitWith { // If cooldown is not done then exit script
    cutText [format["please wait %1 before calling in another Air Drop!",(round(_Time - _LastUsedTime))], "PLAIN DOWN"]; //display text at bottom center of screen when players cooldown is not done
};

//Checks if Player is in SafeZone or in Combat
if(!(canbuild) || (inSafeZone)) exitWith { cutText ["\n\nYou are in a Safezone and cannot perform that action!" , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };
if (dayz_combat == 1) exitwith { cutText ["\n\nYou are in combat and cannot perform that action!", "PLAIN DOWN"] };

//Checks Number of Players Online
if ((count playableUnits) < _OnlineLimit) exitWith  { cutText [format["Air Drop Failed. Less Than %1 Players online.",_OnlineLimit], "PLAIN DOWN"]; };
//Checks if Player Has Enough Money
if(_wealth < _cost) exitWith { cutText [format["You need %1 coins to Call an AirDrop.",_cost], "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

player setVariable["cashMoney",(_wealth - _cost),true];

PVDZE_plr_Save = [player,(magazines player),true,true] ;
publicVariableServer "PVDZE_plr_Save";

//Create a Map Marker on Player Position
_null  = createMarker ["MarkerDrop",_positionM];
"MarkerDrop"  setMarkerText "Air Drop";
"MarkerDrop"  setMarkerType "mil_objective";
"MarkerDrop"  setMarkerColor "ColorRed";

//Message To Server
_message = format["%1 has called in an AirDrop. It will arrive in 100 seconds! It is marked on your map, Go Capture it!",_playerName];
diag_log text format["[AirDrop]: Air Drop Called By a Player Successfully"];

lastpack = time;

for "_x" from 1 to 100 do {
    if (_x >= 2) then {cutText [format ["AIR DROP ARRIVING IN %1", 101-_x], "PLAIN DOWN"];};
    uiSleep 1;
};

//Creates Box Falling With Parachute and Blue Smoke Trailing
_chute = createVehicle ["ParachuteMediumEast", _position, [], 0, "FLY"];
_chutePos = getPos _chute;
_box = createVehicle [_boxtype, _chutePos, [], 0, "FLY"];
_box attachTo [_chute, [0,0,3]];
_box setVariable ["Mission",1,true];
_chute setVariable ["Mission",1,true];
_box setVariable ["ObjectID", ""];
_chute setVariable ["ObjectID", ""];
_smoke = "SmokeShellBlue" createVehicle (getPos _box);
_smoke attachTo [_box, [0,0,0]];
_var = floor((random 20) + 1);

//display text to alert user
_textt = format ["\nCarepackage is above you!",10];
titleText [_textt,"PLAIN DOWN"];

//Allows Box To Blow Freely in the Wind
waitUntil {getPos _box select 2 < 4};

//Prevents Wind from Effecting the Parachute
/*
{
 uiSleep 0.1;
};
*/

//Detaches Chute, Deletes Old Box, Makes New Box and Loads Gear
detach _box;
while {getPos _box select 2 > 0} do {
_box setPos [getPos _box select 0, getPos _box select 1, (getPos _box select 2) - .25]
};
deleteVehicle _chute;
_posATL = getPosATL _box;
deleteVehicle _box;
_boxx = _boxtype createVehicle _posATL;
_boxx setVariable ["Mission",1,true];
_boxx setVariable ["ObjectID", ""];

clearweaponcargoglobal _boxx;
clearmagazinecargoglobal _boxx;

{_boxx addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x, _var];} forEach _crateItems;
{_boxx addWeaponCargoGlobal [_x, 5];} forEach _tools;
_boxx addMagazineCargoGlobal [_mag, _var];
_boxx addWeaponCargoGlobal [_giveWep, 5];

//Remove Old Marker and Creates a Map Marker on Box Position
_getPos2 = getPos _boxx;
_positionB = [_getPos2 select 0, _getPos2 select 1];

_null  = createMarker ["MarkerDrop",_positionB];
"MarkerDrop"  setMarkerType "Defend";

//Message To Server
_message3= format["The Carepackage has Landed! Check Your Map and Race to Claim it!",_playerName];
[nil,nil,rTitleText,_message3, "PLAIN",6] call RE;
diag_log text format["[AirDrop]: Air Drop Landed Successfully"];

//Wait until player is near.
waitUntil{
sleep 1;
(({isPlayer _x && _x distance _boxx <= 5} count playableUnits > 0));
};

//Message To Server
_message2 = format["A Player Has Reached the Carepackage! It Will Despawn in 120 Seconds!",_playerName];
[nil,nil,rTitleText,_message2, "PLAIN",6] call RE;
diag_log text format["[AirDrop]:Player At Airdrop"];

//Waits 120 Seconds then Deletes Map Marker and Box
sleep 120;
deleteVehicle _boxx;

//Message To Server
_message = format["The Air Drop Has Been Captured",_playerName];
diag_log text format["[AirDrop]: Air Drop Captured Successfully. Deleting Marker"];

Ok so Ive got this script running basically how I want it. I'd like to try and change up the way the loot spawns in it a bit, because as it is now it will pick only one weapon from the array. I'd like it to select a few weapons at random from the array.  Once I get that working this will be perfect. But here it is so far...

Quick explanation.... player calls in crate, makes a marker on the map at players position. A message notifies the server that a player has called in a carepackage and it will land in X amount of time. Crate falls in parachute, blown by the wind. When it lands, the original marker is deleted and a new one is created on the boxes position. A message notifies the server that the box has landed.  When a player gets close to the box, a message notifies the server that a player has reached the box and it will delete the box in X amount of time. After that time has passed the box and the map marker are deleted.

private ["_cost","_positionM","_Marker","_LastUsedTime","_height","_downspeed","_wealth","_distance","_boxtype","_unit","_getPos","_position","_box","_chute","_smoke","_var","_textt","_tools","_items","_walls","_supplies","_weapon","_weapon2","_weapon3","_weapon4","_weapon5","_weapon6","_giveWep","_possibleMags","_mag","_whichBuild","_crateItems","_text","_getPos2","_positionB"];

_cost = 1000;
_wealth = player getVariable["cashMoney",0];
_distance = 500;
_boxtype = "USVehicleBox_EP1";
_LastUsedTime = 900;
_height = 100;
_downspeed = -3;
_OnlineLimit = 1;
_unit = player;
_getPos = getPos _unit;
_position = [_getPos select 0, (_getPos select 1) - 5, _height];

//System Chat Message
//System Chat Message

//item lists
_tools = ["ItemEtool","ItemKnife","ItemGPS","ItemFishingPole","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemCrowbar"];
_items = ["ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanCorn","FoodNutmix","ItemSodaClays","FoodCanSardines","ItemKiloHemp"];
_walls = ["ItemWoodWallGarageDoor","ItemWoodWallWithDoorLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallGarageDoor","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit"];
_supplies = ["CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","ItemTankTrap","PartWoodPlywood","PartWoodLumber","ItemPole","PartGlass"];

_giveWep = ["DMR","FHQ_ACR_WDL_TWS_SD","BAF_LRR_scoped","USSR_cheytacM200_sd","m107_DZ","BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_possibleMags = getArray (configfile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _giveWep >> "magazines");
_mag = _possibleMags select 0;

//select arrays to use
_crateItems = [_walls,_supplies,_items] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_Time = time - lastpack;

if(_Time < _LastUsedTime) exitWith { // If cooldown is not done then exit script
    cutText [format["please wait %1 before calling in another Air Drop!",(round(_Time - _LastUsedTime))], "PLAIN DOWN"]; //display text at bottom center of screen when players cooldown is not done
};

//Checks if Player is in SafeZone or in Combat
if(!(canbuild) || (inSafeZone)) exitWith { cutText ["\n\nYou are in a Safezone and cannot perform that action!" , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };
if (dayz_combat == 1) exitwith { cutText ["\n\nYou are in combat and cannot perform that action!", "PLAIN DOWN"] };

//Checks Number of Players Online
if ((count playableUnits) < _OnlineLimit) exitWith  { cutText [format["Air Drop Failed. Less Than %1 Players online.",_OnlineLimit], "PLAIN DOWN"]; };
//Checks if Player Has Enough Money
if(_wealth < _cost) exitWith { cutText [format["You need %1 coins to Call an AirDrop.",_cost], "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

player setVariable["cashMoney",(_wealth - _cost),true];

PVDZE_plr_Save = [player,(magazines player),true,true] ;
publicVariableServer "PVDZE_plr_Save";

//Create a Map Marker on Player Position
_null  = createMarker ["MarkerDrop",_positionM];
"MarkerDrop"  setMarkerType "mil_objective";

//Message To Server
_message = format["%1 has called in an AirDrop. It will arrive in 100 seconds! It is marked on your map, Go Capture it!",_playerName];
diag_log text format["[AirDrop]: Air Drop Called By a Player Successfully"];

lastpack = time;

for "_x" from 1 to 100 do {
    if (_x >= 2) then {cutText [format ["AIR DROP ARRIVING IN %1", 101-_x], "PLAIN DOWN"];};
    uiSleep 1;
};

//Creates Box Falling With Parachute and Blue Smoke Trailing
_chute = createVehicle ["ParachuteMediumEast", _position, [], 0, "FLY"];
_chutePos = getPos _chute;
_box = createVehicle [_boxtype, _chutePos, [], 0, "FLY"];
_box attachTo [_chute, [0,0,3]];
_box setVariable ["Mission",1,true];
_chute setVariable ["Mission",1,true];
_box setVariable ["ObjectID", ""];
_chute setVariable ["ObjectID", ""];
_smoke = "SmokeShellBlue" createVehicle (getPos _box);
_smoke attachTo [_box, [0,0,0]];
_var = floor((random 20) + 1);

//display text to alert user
_textt = format ["\nCarepackage is above you!",10];
titleText [_textt,"PLAIN DOWN"];

//Allows Box To Blow Freely in the Wind
waitUntil {getPos _box select 2 < 4};

//Prevents Wind from Effecting the Parachute
/*
{
 uiSleep 0.1;
};
*/

//Detaches Chute, Deletes Old Box, Makes New Box and Loads Gear
detach _box;
while {getPos _box select 2 > 0} do {
_box setPos [getPos _box select 0, getPos _box select 1, (getPos _box select 2) - .25]
};
deleteVehicle _chute;
_posATL = getPosATL _box;
deleteVehicle _box;
_boxx = _boxtype createVehicle _posATL;
_boxx setVariable ["Mission",1,true];
_boxx setVariable ["ObjectID", ""];

clearweaponcargoglobal _boxx;
clearmagazinecargoglobal _boxx;

{_boxx addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x, _var];} forEach _crateItems;
{_boxx addWeaponCargoGlobal [_x, 5];} forEach _tools;
_boxx addMagazineCargoGlobal [_mag, _var];
_boxx addWeaponCargoGlobal [_giveWep, 5];

//Remove Old Marker and Creates a Map Marker on Box Position
_getPos2 = getPos _boxx;
_positionB = [_getPos2 select 0, _getPos2 select 1];

_null  = createMarker ["MarkerDrop",_positionB];
"MarkerDrop"  setMarkerType "Defend";

//Message To Server
_message3= format["The Carepackage has Landed! Check Your Map and Race to Claim it!",_playerName];
[nil,nil,rTitleText,_message3, "PLAIN",6] call RE;
diag_log text format["[AirDrop]: Air Drop Landed Successfully"];

//Wait until player is near.
waitUntil{
sleep 1;
(({isPlayer _x && _x distance _boxx <= 5} count playableUnits > 0));
};

//Message To Server
_message2 = format["A Player Has Reached the Carepackage! It Will Despawn in 120 Seconds!",_playerName];
[nil,nil,rTitleText,_message2, "PLAIN",6] call RE;
diag_log text format["[AirDrop]:Player At Airdrop"];

//Waits 120 Seconds then Deletes Map Marker and Box
sleep 120;
deleteVehicle _boxx;

//Message To Server
_message = format["The Air Drop Has Been Captured",_playerName];
diag_log text format["[AirDrop]: Air Drop Captured Successfully. Deleting Marker"];

not hard at all, just loop it a few times. do something like this : http://pastebin.com/BhVes7fM

not hard at all, just loop it a few times. do something like this : http://pastebin.com/BhVes7fM

but where and how do I define what these are?

_giveWep = [_weapon,_weapon2,_weapon3,_weapon4,_weapon5,_weapon6]

the array at the top of the script is just

_giveWep = ["FHQ_ACR_WDL_TWS_SD","BAF_LRR_scoped","USSR_cheytacM200_sd"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

but where and how do I define what these are?

_giveWep = [_weapon,_weapon2,_weapon3,_weapon4,_weapon5,_weapon6]

the array at the top of the script is just

_giveWep = ["FHQ_ACR_WDL_TWS_SD","BAF_LRR_scoped","USSR_cheytacM200_sd"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

I copied that array from my original script, the one you have has been edited a bit. just use what you've got, that array is more than fine 

infiSTAR is blocking and kicking for this on my overwatch server, and just blocking it on my overpoch server.
Overwatch, nothing happens when player clicks the action and player grey screens.

Overpoch, nothing happens.when player clicks the action except it removes their money.

Nothing logged in the hackerlog or suspicious log and nothing in the RPT.

Im stumped. Any help would be much appreciated.