[PROJECT] Gold Coin based Single Currency & Banking System

PROJECT SUMMARY

This project was originally born as a call for help thread by Goatlol and in time became a community project to achieve the common goal of: 

Gold Coin based Single Currency & Banking System, publicly available for all Epoch server admins for free, without sacrificing humanity system.

CURRENT STATE OF THE PROJECT

Version 1.0 has been released on 29th July 2014.  (with download link)

Questions / Comments should be posted as replies to this thread.

Donations should be sent to the sole developer of the project. PayPal donate button can be found on his personal website here.

PROJECT DEVELOPER: Zupa

Click to see Project Backers

PROJECT BACKERS
  1. Goatlol     (donation)
  2. mgm     (donation)
  3. cen     (donation)
  4. (TLS)     (donation)
  5. Buck0     (donation)
  6. Gr8Boi     (donation & test server for development & db modifications)
  7. goatservers     (donation)
  8. Tricks     (donation)
  9. carl101     (donation)
  10. STENCHOVDETH     (donation)
  11. ShatteredK     (donation)
  12. TacticalStealth (free TeamSpeak server access for project members)
  13. STENCHOVDETH   (donation)
  14. Logan (free TeamSpeak server access for project members)
  15. 2sugars (donation & test server for development)
  16. 1S1K Clan (donation)
  17. Havoc302 (donation)
  18. ftwbren (donation & test server for development)
  19. Storm (donation)

Click to display old version of this post which includes known similar projects and other relevant information.

Please see the top posts in the original thread first: 

Since I am spending some time on this every day to read replies, and update the Overview Level Status of the project, I have decided to post this in a separate thread so that I can update the 1st post regularly without bothering the original thread starter Goatlol.

Thanks to our development team, we already have a Test Server are up & running.

Test Server Details
  • Server Contact: Zupa
  • Server IP: 85.25.213.236:2302
  • Epoch version: 1.5.0.1
  • Overwatch version: 0.2.5
  • Arma version: 112555
  • Launch Parameters: -mod=@DayzOverwatch;

They test server use the old system (i.e.: Zupa's existing "single currency & banking system" code) which existed for some time now. Zupa has modified the code to support newer versions of Epoch. 

The next goal is the 5xx calls since we know have the help of our c++ experts, which in summary will add security to the system.

IF INTERESTED IN THIS PROJECT, PLEASE TRY OUT THE TEST SERVERS AND POST YOUR COMMENTS. ALSO TAKE A LOOK AT 

CAN YOU HELP?
  1. First and foremost we need a developer who can explain 500 calls to our developer Zupa. Perhaps with working write-to-database code. Please post in the thread if you can help.

2. Donations: At this point we do not accept donations yet.
    However if you are willing to donate, please simply post in the thread & state your intention which will help us document how many of us is interested in this feature set.

ON-GOING WORK
  • Zupa - Lead Developer

RELEVANT INFORMATION -- List of Known Servers With Single Currency and/or Banking System
  • Entry #: 01
  • Contact Name: peipo118
  • Community: DayzInternational
  • What they have: USD based single currency & banking system
  • Source of intel: link1
  • Other remarks: N/A

​  

• Entry #: 03
  • Contact Name: maca134
  • Community: CCG
  • What they have: Fully functional gold coin based single currency & banking system
  • Source of intel: 

​  

• Entry #: 04
  • Contact Name: Mochan
  • Community: unknown
  • What they have: A phase 1 project of banking system (again sacrificing humanity). Might be dead by now as latest update from dev was on 29th May 2014.
  • Source of intel: 

• Entry #: 05
  • Contact Name: Zupa
  • Community: N/A
  • What they have: A working single currency & banking system
  • Source of intel:
  • Other remarks: Zupa has shown interest in becoming project developer and helping us out with getting a more secure version of his working code. Read the update in this thread (linked above).

• Entry #: 06
  • Contact Name: <unknown>
  • Community: DayZBonfire AU #1
  • What they have: A working single currency system -- it appears they removed all other metals, leaving gold only, which by definition is single currency - but not gold coins.
  • Source of intel: Server name/description in DayZ Commander
  • Other remarks:N/A

Entry #: 07 Thanks to goatservers another working implementation identified here.     [Quick addition]

Contacted Zupa via PM

Hello there,

We would like to have Gold Coin based Single Currency & Banking System, publicly available for all Epoch server admins for free, without sacrificing humanity system.

From Gr8Boi, I have heard you have some working implementation of single currency. Would you be willing to help us get a working implementation by providing information and/or code?

I will publish this PM to you in the original forum thread here:

Please feel free to respond in the thread.

Regards,
mgm

EDIT1:

Contacted peipo118 via PM

Hello there,

We would like to have Gold Coin based Single Currency & Banking System, publicly available for all Epoch server admins for free, without sacrificing humanity system.

From forum search, I have seen you have some working implementation of single currency. Would you be willing to help us get a working implementation by providing information and/or code?

I will publish this PM to you in the original forum thread here:
epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13033-project-gold-coin-based-single-currency-banking-system/

Please feel free to respond in the thread.

Regards,
mgm

I've rediscovered a maca134, explaining his gold based single currency & banking system implementation. Posting for future reference.

Here is a run down, as i think my system is a good balance between what epoch want to do and making the currency abit more manageable.

• Traders use a single gold coin currency.
  • 900/9000 gold coins can be smelted into 1oz/10oz gold bar.
  • Bars are still stored in safes.
  • If you die with gold coins on your body, any other player can take the money.
  • You can give player gold coins.
  • Can trader bars <--> coins at all traders.
  • Bank trader - Allows you to store upto a briefcase on gold safely. (this is something im not 100% on board with each, more testing required)

It looks good to me - as discussed in the same thread, using 1k/10k gold for 1oz/10oz gold bars would be probably better as it fits better with the currency systems we use today (100 cent, 100 pence) also one of the developers advise it'd better from programming perspective too.

Axecop is also a great dev and has made great scripts for the community. He has worked with dlls and maybe he would be able to help out on this. He seems to be busy these days.

Any help we can get would be great but people have their own projects & side projects lol

I am willing to donate to the project!

Thanks, added you to the backers list

You guys have no patience, :D i haven't even setup my test server yet.

I did look at arma2MySQL and it seems fairly easy to use, al i have to do now is check if i am able to do all of this.

I can provide you with a dedi test server. If you are really willing to look into it. 

You guys have no patience, :D i haven't even setup my test server yet.

I did look at arma2MySQL and it seems fairly easy to use, al i have to do now is check if i am able to do all of this.

Good news. 1st post updated. Can't wait to hear more (you know us lol)

I can provide you with a dedi test server. If you are really willing to look into it. 

Excellent, 1st post updated with the offer, thanks!

Hello all,

I will personally donate $100 US to the persons or group that is able to make an acceptable complete version of a Single Currency System.

This is a genuine offer with scope for further donations included.

I have even gone to the lengths of engaging a professional with far more knowledge than myself to see this SCS happen.

He is currently 2 weeks into the project but he is only doing it in his spare-time so things are moving slowly but progressively forward.

STENCH

Hello all,

I will personally donate $100 US to the persons or group that is able to make an acceptable complete version of a Single Currency System.

This is a genuine offer with scope for further donations included.

I have even gone to the lengths of engaging a professional with far more knowledge than myself to see this SCS happen.

He is currently 2 weeks into the project but he is only doing it in his spare-time so things are moving slowly but progressively forward.

STENCH

Thank you, this is just awesome!

Added two more project backers STENCHOVDETH (posted above) & ShatteredK (via PM) who have both promised to donate to the project.
We have more than 10 backers now!

MGM, your dedication for getting a impossible script like this is awesome. Even though you dont know how to code, You are doing a really good job spreading the word. This script will soon go live to public soon and it will be a big slap to the face for people who already made the script but just not sharing it, even though they use dozens of other scripts created by the help of the community.

MGM, your dedication for getting a impossible script like this is awesome. Even though you dont know how to code, You are doing a really good job spreading the word. This script will soon go live to public soon and it will be a big slap to the face for people who already made the script but just not sharing it, even though they use dozens of other scripts created by the help of the community.

Thank you Gr8Boi, hopefully we will see version 1.0 of a free, publicly available single currency & banking system in our lifetime lol

1st post updated: Another single currency server added to the list, as copied below.

• Entry #: 06
  • Contact Name: <unknown>
  • Community: DayZBonfire AU #1
  • What they have: A working single currency system -- it appears they removed all other metals, leaving gold only, which by definition is single currency - but not gold coins.
  • Source of intel: Server name/description in DayZ Commander
  • Other remarks:N/A

I've skimmed through some missions who use Arma2Net and Arma2Mysql. Some of these missions make use of a currency system and I must say that they are quite intresting. I believe that it would be possible to create a seperate in game currency with Arma2Mysql fairly easily.

Its totally doable and easy to make a currency system with Arma2Net. You can use my 3d.live.mission to make it...it will literally take a week to do tops.

I gave some pointer to peipos on making his...but his is a bit too customized for his server...and i dont think its gonna fit for the general public.

His dialogues though were awesome :P.

The main question you have to ask here...is how many can use Arma2Net. If everyone here had dedicated servers then ok....but some are hosted under companies that dont allow extra files to be added to the server....so they wont be able to use it. I think a better approach would be to find a C++ coder to make a custom hiveext.dll that allows calls to update/insert/delete entries to any custom table like Arma2Net does...That way you can give just one .dll out and then everyone would be able to use it.

I would help you with this but i feel under the weather lately and dont feel like coding at all these days :/ But i could give some pointers.

1. On the server_playerSetup.sqf when a player first joins the server check if there is a database entry for his UID on the custom money table...If not then create one and put 0 for his money.
  2. If the player had an entry, then (same file) get that entry from the table based on his UID then set a global variable for his money.
  3. On server_playerDied.sqf you have to also update the money cell in the db when the player dies.
  4. On server_playerSync.sqf get the money value again and put it in the same global variable to the player.
  5. Extract the dayz_code.pbo (epoch files) and check how traders work. Probably you'll have to overwrite the trader files and do all the custom money related actions (check my 3d.live.mission. I had to manually edit the trader files as well to allow custom sqls for the traders in the editor...basically its almost the same 'hooks'...I manually ran the sqls to update the database...you just have to change them to do the money instead)
  6. In you money database table you should have at least 3 cell values...one for the money ON the player...and one for the money IN the bank and one for the player's UID.
  7. IF you allow dead players to drop some money and other players can pick the money up...(use global variables for this type of money) make sure you think about anti-duping mechanisms. The best way to do this is check the dayz_server.pbo for anything that has to do with value "zombieKills" (        _kills =         ["zombieKills",_character] call server_getDiff;  ).
  8. If the coder uses my 3d.live.mission, since you cant have 2 players join in the editor to test things....tell him to use Bots that hold 'fake money' on them (in global variables)...so killing them they drop them...and you can then check the code about 'picking up' money.
  9. Keep things simple...although its a pretty straight forward project you can easily f***k up and create duping bugs. Use 1 main 'actions' file that has all your main 'money related' functions in it....then call the functions from the dialogue buttons based on what player selects on the dialogue (Deposit/Retrieve money from bank, Give X money to player etc).
  10. Use publicVariableServer commands to request SQL results from the server and publicVariableClient to send results back to player...thus hiding all your SQLS in the dayz_server files and hidden from 'prying' eyes. That gives you security. Here is how to do it:

Cant think of anything else at this point. Its not much but it is something :)

I've skimmed through some missions who use Arma2Net and Arma2Mysql. Some of these missions make use of a currency system and I must say that they are quite intresting. I believe that it would be possible to create a seperate in game currency with Arma2Mysql fairly easily.

Since you already have some released projects (I'm using your EMS edit at least that one I'm sure about) will you be interested in undertaking this project?

Its totally doable and easy to make a currency system with Arma2Net. You can use my 3d.live.mission to make it...it will literally take a week to do tops.

I gave some pointer to peipos on making his...but his is a bit too customized for his server...and i dont think its gonna fit for the general public.

His dialogues though were awesome :P.

The main question you have to ask here...is how many can use Arma2Net. If everyone here had dedicated servers then ok....but some are hosted under companies that dont allow extra files to be added to the server....so they wont be able to use it. I think a better approach would be to find a C++ coder to make a custom hiveext.dll that allows calls to update/insert/delete entries to any custom table like Arma2Net does...That way you can give just one .dll out and then everyone would be able to use it.

I would help you with this but i feel under the weather lately and dont feel like coding at all these days :/ But i could give some pointers.

1. On the server_playerSetup.sqf when a player first joins the server check if there is a database entry for his UID on the custom money table...If not then create one and put 0 for his money.
  2. If the player had an entry, then (same file) get that entry from the table based on his UID then set a global variable for his money.
  3. On server_playerDied.sqf you have to also update the money cell in the db when the player dies.
  4. On server_playerSync.sqf get the money value again and put it in the same global variable to the player.
  5. Extract the dayz_code.pbo (epoch files) and check how traders work. Probably you'll have to overwrite the trader files and do all the custom money related actions (check my 3d.live.mission. I had to manually edit the trader files as well to allow custom sqls for the traders in the editor...basically its almost the same 'hooks'...I manually ran the sqls to update the database...you just have to change them to do the money instead)
  6. In you money database table you should have at least 3 cell values...one for the money ON the player...and one for the money IN the bank and one for the player's UID.
  7. IF you allow dead players to drop some money and other players can pick the money up...(use global variables for this type of money) make sure you think about anti-duping mechanisms. The best way to do this is check the dayz_server.pbo for anything that has to do with value "zombieKills" (        _kills =         ["zombieKills",_character] call server_getDiff;  ).
  8. If the coder uses my 3d.live.mission, since you cant have 2 players join in the editor to test things....tell him to use Bots that hold 'fake money' on them (in global variables)...so killing them they drop them...and you can then check the code about 'picking up' money.
  9. Keep things simple...although its a pretty straight forward project you can easily f***k up and create duping bugs. Use 1 main 'actions' file that has all your main 'money related' functions in it....then call the functions from the dialogue buttons based on what player selects on the dialogue (Deposit/Retrieve money from bank, Give X money to player etc).
  10. Use publicVariableServer commands to request SQL results from the server and publicVariableClient to send results back to player...thus hiding all your SQLS in the dayz_server files and hidden from 'prying' eyes. That gives you security. Here is how to do it:

Cant think of anything else at this point. Its not much but it is something :)

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm sure when we have a committed developer, he'll benefit from the above a lot!

I guess we will need to start discussing/deciding the implementation so that when we have the developer he will have an outline to code (rather than having him sit & wait for the discussion).

Obviously developer will have the biggest vote on things but let's start at least a draft 'implementation notes' document now, (in the thread) so that dev will have something to comment on...

I will start on this shortly and will be thrilled to have your further comments on it.

I got a working version with newest epoch, ill contact you to see if u like it.

Zupa,

thank you for your help offer!

I would like to keep this thread up to date as much as possible but it is definitely a good idea if we can have an audio chat first.

Once I get my bearings, I will summarize discussion so that all interested parties will stay up to date.

EDIT - Additional comment on Sandbird's post:

I would love to have a single package/file, easy to install, super-secure, works-for-all [etc. etc.] solution but as of today we have nothing so I would like to get a working solution first ASAP.

Once we have a working solution (at least for dedicated server owners) then we can plan for an improved version.

I don't know how many people can program a custom hive.dll - if we are talking about 1 in a million skill here, it will be a looooong wait. I rather have something working while we wait for the hive.dll guru to show up.

Donators, please comment on the last bit in the above post: Will you be happy with a solution which is (hopefully) quickly implemented BUT requires a dedicated server?

As per Defent & Sandbird's post, I'm talking about Arma2MySQL which is briefly summarized below (quote from Bohemia Interactive's official post).

If you're on virtual/shared servers the proposed solution won't be usable for you because you will not be able to install & run a custom program (file.exe) on that server computer..

This program acts as an intermediary between Arma2/Arma3 and a MySQL or SQLite database.
It uses the 
Arma2NET wrapper system. It is written in C#.
The program has to be run on the same system as your Arma2/Arma3 server, however, the MySQL database can be either local or remote. The SQLite database runs on the local machine. link

I only have limited scripting knowledge sadly. So I would not be suited for that role on this project. However I have a dedicated machine, on which I am testing various constellations of the Arma2NetMysql scripting. Does your script have a lot of open publicvariables etc which can be accessed? Other than that, I don't know how you can hack or abuse it.