[PROJECT] Gold Coin based Single Currency & Banking System

Warning Message: Script custom\gold\player_traderMenu.sqf not found

getting this on the client rpt, any ideas, I've checked through the files and its present both on the client and the server. I presume this is why I don't have trader menus/or laptop menu.

Warning Message: Script custom\gold\player_traderMenu.sqf not found

getting this on the client rpt, any ideas, I've checked through the files and its present both on the client and the server. I presume this is why I don't have trader menus/or laptop menu.

so you file is in the "gold" folder inside the " custom" folder?

You only get 1 coin for each headshot you make as far as i know. Its so little that its really nothing to worry about.

Yes i know you only make 1 coin from it but I'm wanting to increase how many coins you get from zeds and AI. There is no point in gaining only 1 coin from a head shot zed so i want to increase the amount. There is quite a few servers out there that i play on where you get a fair amount of coins for killing zeds and AI or will they be running some other version of the coin script?

Yes i know you only make 1 coin from it but I'm wanting to increase how many coins you get from zeds and AI. There is no point in gaining only 1 coin from a head shot zed so i want to increase the amount. There is quite a few servers out there that i play on where you get a fair amount of coins for killing zeds and AI or will they be running some other version of the coin script?

Seeing as the coins are stored as headShots, it's directly affected. Basically what you're asking is to increase the number that its incremented by for each headshot you get on a zed. Which is in the fn_damageHandlerZ.sqf file. On line 20 it sets the headshots variable to headshots + 1, surely if you change the + 1 to another value it will cause you to get more coins per headshot. Pretty simple, remember to redirect the file back into the mission file though as this file is located in dayz_code and will need to be changed.

case "head_hit": {
if (!(_zed getVariable["hitRegistered",false])) then {
_headShots = _hitter getVariable["headShots",0];
_hitter setVariable["headShots",(_headShots + 1),true];
_zed setVariable["hitRegistered",true];
};
};

hope this helps as this is all theoretical.

Zupa it is your work so you can do whatever you want but I think we should keep the traffic here at Epochmod official forums.

Perhaps discuss with vbawol getting a sub forum where you can moderate posts.

Splitting communities rarely benefit the majority.

I agree with mgm, but I think with a project as big as this it might be best to have our own space.

If we use Zupa's forums we can have more staff members watching the posts and a higher activity of people who actually care about this mod and are willing to help.

Zupa it is your work so you can do whatever you want but I think we should keep the traffic here at Epochmod official forums.

Perhaps discuss with vbawol getting a sub forum where you can moderate posts.

Splitting communities rarely benefit the majority.

I disagree with this. I feel that Zupa needs to take control of this mod and to do this, he's put effort into setting up a forum for people to use.

This helps with the development of the mod. This doesn't take it away from Epochmod.com, it simply facilitates the upkeep and development of this mod.

Since everyone right now is coming here asking the same questions over and over, I feel the need for another forum to help out users is high enough for Zupa to take that off to his own website. At the end of the day, this is zupa's code and he has every right to support it in his own medium and simply present the development to this forum, much like other people do.

Zupa should take control of his work - I agree

Zupa should use forum structure to do this - I agree

This has to happen away from heart of Epoch community - I disagree

"Zupa or community at large will benefit from the following: setting up a new forum > creating new user accounts for those who want to post > starting over with a new reputation system" - I disagree.

I am still thinking this from the community perspective.

Community being the group of people who are interested in learning more about this addon / setting it up on their servers / & possibly receiving support from addon developer and other helpers.

In my opinion, in an ideal world, this mod will eventually get incorporated into Epoch mod - this will not take away from Zupa but will give him a much larger base to share his great work with. A plus for him. What is the harm if he could do this at the home of Epoch, with the sanction of Epoch creators?

Surely Zupa can benefit from Epoch team's endless knowledge and Epoch team can benefit from one more gifted developer contributing to their mod.

I won't even mention how much better it would be for the Community as we won't have to re-install this on every Epoch release

If this addon will NEVER get incorporated at least we can keep it close to Epoch world. I am not saying separate support forums won't work, of course it will. It's just not the best thing to do.

I hope the above is clear enough - in the end, final decision on where to support this addon is Zupa's. Just sharing my thoughts as we usually do here.

Zupa should take control of his work - I agree

Zupa should use forum structure to do this - I agree

This has to happen away from heart of Epoch community - I disagree

"Zupa or community at large will benefit from the following: setting up a new forum > creating new user accounts for those who want to post > starting over with a new reputation system" - I disagree.

I am still thinking this from the community perspective.

Community being the group of people who are interested in learning more about this addon / setting it up on their servers / & possibly receiving support from addon developer and other helpers.

In my opinion, in an ideal world, this mod will eventually get incorporated into Epoch mod - this will not take away from Zupa but will give him a much larger base to share his great work with. A plus for him. What is the harm if he could do this at the home of Epoch, with the sanction of Epoch creators?

Surely Zupa can benefit from Epoch team's endless knowledge and Epoch team can benefit from one more gifted developer contributing to their mod.

I won't even mention how much better it would be for the Community as we won't have to re-install this on every Epoch release

If this addon will NEVER get incorporated at least we can keep it close to Epoch world. I am not saying separate support forums won't work, of course it will. It's just not the best thing to do.

I hope the above is clear enough - in the end, final decision on where to support this addon is Zupa's. Just sharing my thoughts as we usually do here.

No need for the website anymore.

I sent a message to vbawol and he replied.

He said:

Has the project released anything yet? If so we could setup a sub forum.

I told him yes, gave him the link to the thread.

Soul,

Can you explain how to implement this fix in more detail? I can't seem to find where this would go in the player_wearClothes.sqf that I have in my compile directory.

that is no fix for your problem but a second topic in the same reply as to where your problem lies

double check the player_wearClothes file either you are missing it in your mission pbo or its not overwritten in the compiles.sqf

34 Pages for a few questions? Hell no.

1. What variables will be used to be overriden by coins? Humanity? Headshots?

1.1 Will it stay like this?

2. Can you pass coins on AI objects? No "scripty derpy fugly" auto-add, i mean in their bodies!

3. Are there still game-breaking bugs? I read alot about clothes changing and so on

4. Whats with the gold/briefcases players have, can they all convert them at the bank?

5. Whats with the trader prices, will this script replace them with coins?

5.1 Do we need ti adjust all database entries with coin formats then or does the script convert them?

Any screens/videos/docus would be so awesome.
You know, the basic stuff people mostly like release before v1 of their scripts ;)