How to Manually Update an HFB server to 1.0.2

abqdenmagoo

Question

HFB Servers Installation of 1.0.2

WARNING THIS WILL DESTROY CUSTOMIZED CONTENT AND WILL REQUIRE THAT YOU REINSTALL CUSTOMIZED ADD ONS.

Requirements : A good ftp connection and ftp management software ( I Used Filezilla)
                         A file editor of your liking. (I used notepad ++)
                         Hive connection software (I used Navicat Lite)

1. SHUTDOWN YOUR SERVER AND BACKUP YOUR FILES !!!
 Server side directories and contents:
  a. @Dayz_Epoch
  b. @Dayz_Epoch_Server
  c. HFBepochChernarusPrivate
  d. Keys
  e. MPmissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus
  f. HIVE(database) SQL DUMP (if your not sure about this then maybe your not ready for doing the rest)

2. Remove the following directories from your server:
 a. @Dayz_Epoch
 b. @Dayz_Epoch_Server
 c. HFBepochChernarusPrivate
 d. MPmissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus

3. Unzip the 1.0.2 Content

4. in the 1.0.2 Content rename the instance_11_Chernarus directory to HFBepochChernarusPrivate, and upload the entire directory to your server root. (you will get an error about the whitelist.exe and the rotate_logs.bat)

5. in the 1.0.2 Content upload the @DayZ_Epoch_Server directory and contents to the server root

6. in the 1.0.2 Content upload the Keys directory to server root (replace current files when requested)

7. in the 1.0.2 Content upload the MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus directory and contents to serverroot\MPMissions

8. in the 1.0.2 Content copy the *.dll files up to your server root  Replace the current ones if requested.

9. copy the SQL statement in the 1.0.2 content and parse it to your server.

10. In your backups, copy the config.cfg from the HFBepochChernarusPrivate directory (the backup) to your serverroot/HFBepochChernarusPrivate directory.  overwrite if requested.

11. In your backups, copy the Hiveext.ini from the HFBepochChernarusPrivate directory (the backup) to your serverroot/HFBepochChernarusPrivate directory.  overwrite if requested.

Start your Server !

You will have a vanilla install that will require you to modify your Missions.pbo and server.pbo to your liking.  (do that in the fashion your accustomed to)

I am currently working on getting all of my favorite mods working.

I have the towing and lift working, but only on specified vehicles

I have the blurgaming admin tools functional.

I have Sarge's AI installed and operational

Nightmares private hive tools function well, albeit a wee bit buggy, but nothing that cannot be overcome.

Working on Missions now, and pay for function on the artillery batteries (pay for call for fire missions)

All of my map content is present.

Updated to 1.0.2.1 without incidents. 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet