Money offered for Info/Help on Single Currency

Goatlol

Question

Hello all,

well i have spent the past 2 weeks looking for information on how to set up the coin system in Epoch/Overpoch.

The only information or mention on how to do it is what i have found below from a few post here.

maca134

It requires modifications all over the epoch files, mission files, server files and a custom hiveext.dll. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

and this.

Torndeco

It was prob maca servers with the gold coins..

U will need code the custom dialog menus + sqf code

Also u will need to compile your own custom hive .dll with support added for calls to save the gold coins in the database basicly

Or with child 999 (not added to epoch hive due to security concerns).

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/issues/362

https://github.com/maca134/DayZhiveEpoch

I gave up after trying to compile a custom hive .dll crashed the server on player connecting / disconnecting (prob my fault).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am looking at help or information on what files in particular needs to be changed or edited and what to. I am willing to make donation via Paypal in $AU currency for help and infomation.

Or if someone just wants to help as i am new to coding and learning. Others in my group are quite good at coding and will know but i am looking at doing this as a personal challenge to myself and as a learning curve.

PM me if you want to keep it quite. I am more than happy to keep the infomation private and not share it if thats what is needed.

Thanks to all for taking the time to read and for your time.

Goat.

Hello all,

well i have spent the past 2 weeks looking for information on how to set up the coin system in Epoch/Overpoch.

The only information or mention on how to do it is what i have found below from a few post here.

maca134

It requires modifications all over the epoch files, mission files, server files and a custom hiveext.dll. 

and this.

Torndeco

It was prob maca servers with the gold coins..

U will need code the custom dialog menus + sqf code

Also u will need to compile your own custom hive .dll with support added for calls to save the gold coins in the database basicly

Or with child 999 (not added to epoch hive due to security concerns).

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/issues/362

https://github.com/maca134/DayZhiveEpoch

I gave up after trying to compile a custom hive .dll crashed the server on player connecting / disconnecting (prob my fault).

I am looking at help or information on what files in particular needs to be changed or edited and what to. I am willing to make donation via Paypal in $AU currency for help and infomation.

Or if someone just wants to help as i am new to coding and learning. Others in my group are quite good at coding and will know but i am looking at doing this as a personal challenge to myself and as a learning curve.

PM me if you want to keep it quite. I am more than happy to keep the infomation private and not share it if thats what is needed.

Thanks to all for taking the time to read and for your time.

Goat.

Excellent idea, working on this. I would really prefer if this was managed as a community effort rather than one-to-one private deal. If a donation box is set up for this purpose I too will be gladly donating towards a usable version of this code. I assume there will be many others who will benefit from this (and possibly donate towards it). 

As a side note, I feel the same towards banking which I believe can be (and should be thought of as child of the single currency wish...

I started playing Epoch at CCG and got used to maca's "single currency (gold coins) & banking system" so when I started working on my own server I was surprised that there's no such script available even though metal based payment system is listed as the main 'issue' (or feature request) by many players in different forums. Browsing the forums the last week my understanding is maca was a valuable contributor to the community but I understand his desire to keep his best mod private which probably is the main drive keeping his servers ahead of competition (at least in this area) so I don't think he will ever be releasing his working code, sadly we (read someone talented) have to start from scratch... I understand you're taking this as a personal challenge but let us (people who want this) assist you in your quest by keeping this public so that we all can benefit from the outcome (hopefully!).

Goatlol, would it be possible to edit the topic to clarify this is about Single Currency? With request specified in the topic, hopefully more views/input will give us a  better chance. Thanks.

EDIT - I think we should find a guy who knows about custom hive.dll stuff. perhaps also add 'custom hive.dll' to the topic as well :)

Done.

Hopefully someone can help. I have seen a few servers posted in here that have the single currency.

This is #1 improvement I would like to see in Epoch but it was very late so I had to cut my post earlier brief but here is a more in-detail response on this...

After reading about this for a few days with my limited knowledge of how Epoch works, my understanding is:

1) One can easily edit traders data and change all prices to gold only prices, hence it will be single currency but surely this brings the challenge of pricing gap. [let's call this challenge #1]

e.g.: how do you price an armed helicopter and an empty water bottle using limited inventory range (without pricing armed heli 500 briefcases).

2) Because of the above inventory/pricing-range-limitation what maca did makes sense to me; which is coming up with a completely new 'column' in the database to store amount of gold_coins a person has on their body.

That brings the next challenge, how do you read/write to the new SQL db column using standard the Epoch hive?  [let's call this challenge #2]

3) I also read about some implementation taking the existing 'humanity' field and using it to store custom information (such as player's gold amount in bank) but this will mean losing functionality (humanity) to gain functionality (currency/bank) which is suboptimal. (some servers are PvE hence don't need the humanity value at all, thus gain a free-to-use column in the existing db with a standard way of reading/writing to it!)

4) Other things I can remember on this challenge #2:

4.a. some forum poster suggest using 999 calls (catchy name BTW) to read/write to db to store data in a custom SQL field

4.b. someone from official Epoch team advised against it (as 999 calls deemed insecure for some reason)

4.c same Epoch official pointed some technical document with other three digit 'calls' on it, can't remember the details now but something like 310, 350, 510 etc. These seem to be in some alien language [VisualC++?] so we need someone with programming skills to do anything useful with it (which brings us back to maca's brief explanation: "you need custom hive.dll for that" -- along with changes all around the game files, including trader pricing data, mission files etc.)

// edit: sorry, just noticed you've already quoted what I'm referencing above in your original post in this thread! I will keep mine here though as I tried to summarize the whole issue and other guys' messages in a single post

In the light of the above I believe these are the things we will have to do:

Step 1. An architecht to think single currency/banking system in detail, consider challenges/technical issues and come up with solutions

Step 2. Modify the Epoch SQL db with proper fields according to the design in step 1

Step 3. Write a custom hive.dll which will read/write to the db with the changes in step 2

Step 4. Provide information on how to modify all references in mission files to make the new system compatible <<which might not be necessary as missions can still reward with 'briefcase' or '10 oz gold' as these will not be removed (only non-gold metals are to be removed from the system so players can still store their surplus wealth in gold in their safes).

--

I was wondering why nobody else came up with a working imprementation but only one guy. Now looking at it, it seems like A LOT OF WORK, I guess that's the answer :)

Arma2NET is the way to go to do your custom hive calls. Once you get into it it is like magic... took me several weeks to finish my money system, and it will require a lot of changes. If you are not able to do it by yourself I fear there will be noone providing the files sry.

(do not take this personally but this is stuff that just has to stay private for me to stick out of the pool of Epoch servers).

I can give you a few tips though :

-1) Use Sandbird´s editor to script all of your stuff, it is the easiest, fastest and best way to do it (plus it has Arma2NET already set up inside it)

-2) The files you are looking at to set the Variables to the player are the playerLogin,playerSetup functions in your server.pbo. Of course after that you have to think about disconnects and death, and then have some sort of update function for trading and all the other money exchanges you do...

If you have any questions on this or get stuck somewhere i am glad to help, but I will and cannot help you without some self effort on your side; my time is just worth too much for that and i would hate to see little sh**s like Mister SadPanda take the work and feel awesome for somebody else´s efforts.

But as i said if you are serious with this and i see that you are making progress on your own, PM me your questions and i will be glad to help out, just as others here (Sandbird,Otternas3,advieking and others) have helped me out on various behalves.

Have a nice evening and peace!

With arma2MySQL this should be not much of a problem.

Thanks, watching the video now & downloading the files to take a look...

Arma2NET is the way to go to do your custom hive calls. Once you get into it it is like magic... took me several weeks to finish my money system, and it will require a lot of changes. If you are not able to do it by yourself I fear there will be noone providing the files sry.

(do not take this personally but this is stuff that just has to stay private for me to stick out of the pool of Epoch servers).

I can give you a few tips though :

-1) Use Sandbird´s editor to script all of your stuff, it is the easiest, fastest and best way to do it (plus it has Arma2NET already set up inside it)

-2) The files you are looking at to set the Variables to the player are the playerLogin,playerSetup functions in your server.pbo. Of course after that you have to think about disconnects and death, and then have some sort of update function for trading and all the other money exchanges you do...

If you have any questions on this or get stuck somewhere i am glad to help, but I will and cannot help you without some self effort on your side; my time is just worth too much for that and i would hate to see little sh**s like Mister SadPanda take the work and feel awesome for somebody else´s efforts.

But as i said if you are serious with this and i see that you are making progress on your own, PM me your questions and i will be glad to help out, just as others here (Sandbird,Otternas3,advieking and others) have helped me out on various behalves.

Have a nice evening and peace!

Also thank you peipo, I don't feel confident that I personally can undertake this mission and successfully deliver a working gold coin based single currency + banking system as my current expertise(!) is pretty much installing self-bloodbag script and its friends :)

On the other hand, I really want to have a working single currency/banking system... In the absence of any skilled programmers coming forward, I will attempt to do something however pitiful it is (any attempt beats doing nothing, right?).

My only worry is with my current knowledge, by the time I reach working version 1.0 Arma 18 would be out so I sure hope someone with adequate knowledge will come forward and I -and apparently others too- will do our best to compensate this skilled programmer for his time... Due to the limitation of two-three guys' compensation package, I think this will work only if that SkilledProgrammer guy also wants this system so he will program what he wants and we will assist him as much as possible (with donations + testing + documentation + whatever-we-can)...

For future reference, and is the latest developments in the other thread on this - which would only help a programmer I suppose...

i am gonna give it a try to make it, but NO promises.

Thanks for the great news! Could you please kindly post regular updates as we are very interested in your progress... Perhaps a new thread so that other interested parties can follow your development journey.

Ok only good news so far & some progress...

List of promised donaters
  • Goatlol
  • mgm
  • cen
  • (TLS)
  • Buck0

List of people working on this project / latest update
  • boyd   / no commitment but he mentioned he will take a look & let us know...

I know some one that has his own version of single currency working. However, his dlls are outdated for the latest epoch. Maybe he could help us out.

His name is Zupa. Maybe he could join in this post. I would also be happy to donate, and also do some dirty work of converting SQL tables and changing prices.

If this is made to be working i would be willing to donate too, it looks amazing and would love to support the people who are trying to get it working.

Sounds great, I have created to keep track of the new information & project backers in the first post. I have added you in the post.

On other news, I have became aware of DayZ International which is the 2nd known working implementation in the world as far as I know (the other one being CCG). They both have single currency & both have banking system.