[RELEASE] VASP - Vehicle and Skin preview on Traders v1.2 (Updated 06/18/2014)

It is included in the 1.3 test version i posted, go try it!

And a feedback would be nice, thanks.

Yeah but you stated that it's for testing only, would rather mod the current version as people seem to be doing (as  stated above). Thanks for all your work though :) awesome mod!

Thanks for this script :)

I have tested v1.3 testversion with dayz overpoch, beta 103718, infistar (an older version, because the new don´t work with my other scripts).

It works for the admins, the testplayers get the preview after some time (open menu, close it, press F5, try again..) but they can´t use the Hotkeys, and they freeze after closing the preview (can´t move, try to press F5 again, press esc but still can´t move)

Okay i did not had a look for a hour or so and not noticed 1.0.5 is out now ^^

Will do the needed changes and then i just need someone on 1.0.5 that test it, best would be someone with a new beta version and infistar running ^^

I can test it on old beta with epoch 1.0.5, but i will not install new beta, as soon as gamespy shutdown i will take care about that.

Posting here as soon as the client file download is finished and i had a look in the new files related to this mod

Moo,

Otter

Otter

Having a problem with this mod: It seems to work but the preview menu that appears gets immediately removed by my server's debug menu.

Same here. Any way to fix that?

Edit: in player_traderMenuHive I commented out the new "debug monitor" that shows F5 to Preview etc, and I added this instead: 1001 cutText ["Press F5 to preview this skin!","PLAIN DOWN"];

Its not ideal, but it works.

Nicely done on the script, I just have one question, is there a reason you didn't rotate the camera around the vehicle instead of rotating the vehicle because I noticed it snaps back to the front of the vehicle the way you designed it, I have modified it to rotate the camera if you'd like to see the code changes

if i have the debugmonitor of the antihack open i guess the window with the press f5 for preview hint will not be shown? or only be shown for some milliseconds and then overwritten by the debugmonitor again?

maybe we can add some button to the trader menu here?

Hello i have the same problem with my Custom Debugmonitor but i´m not use Infistar.

What can i do to display the Info in the Middle of the screen and not in debug?

Just tested latest release (Test version: 1.3) with the following:

ARMA Patch 112555

Epoch 1.0.5.1

Taviana Map

InfiStar AH - Latest Release (02/07/14)

The MOD works, however the kill off infistar debug is very quick like a nano second so you can't actually read what it says, so if able to make longer then should all be good.

Testing viewing vehicles - no issue's so far.

Testing viewing skin - BE Kick - RemoteExec #0 (See below)

BE Log: 04.07.2014 01:23:24: [PDi] PryMary (xx.xx.xx.xx) MYGUID - #0 "{if ((getPlayerUID _x) != MYPLAYERID) then {Agent 0x43630080 hideObject true;};} forEach playableUnits;"

As this is on my test server I will set that to 1 for now so i can continue testing.

(Update)
When exiting the skin preview you get a PublicVariable #3 (See Below)
BE Log: 04.07.2014 01:39:52: [PDi] PryMary (xx.xx.xx.xx) MYGUID - #3 "PVDZE_SkinPreviewCounter" = 0

To Fix:
ADD: !="PVDZE_SkinPreviewCounter"

To line 5 with all the other PVDZE at the end of the line. Example below.
5 "PVDZE_" !"PVDZE_player" !="PVDZE_send" !="PVDZE_log_lockUnlock" !="PVDZE_Server_Simulation" !="PVDZE_veh_Update" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBody" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBodyZ" !="PVDZE_veh_Lock" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathB" !="PVDZE_maintainArea" !="PVDZE_obj_Publish" !="PVDZE_obj_Swap" !="PVDZE_plr_Save" !="PVDZE_obj_Delete" !="PVDZE_obj_Trade" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish2" !="PVDZE_zed_Spawn" !="PVDZE_plr_Died" !="PVDZE_plr_TradeMenu" !="PVDZE_veh_Upgrade" !="PVDZE_atp" !="PVDZE_plr_Login" !="PVDZE_plr_Login2" !="PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathBResult" !="PVDZE_veh_SFix" !="PVDZE_plr_Hit" !="PVDZE_plr_HitV" !="PVDZE_veh_SFuel" !="PVDZE_plr_HideBody" !="PVDZE_plr_Morph" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish" !="PVDZE_plr_Characters" !="PVDZE_lockVault" !="PVDZE_obj_setlocalVars" !="PVDZE_obj_getlocalVars" !="PVDZE_SkinPreviewCounter"

Regards,

Pry
Edited by PryMary

Hello i have the same problem with my Custom Debugmonitor but i´m not use Infistar.

What can i do to display the Info in the Middle of the screen and not in debug?

go through the player_traderMenuConfig.sqf and player_traderMenuHive.sqf files and replace these, they appear twice in each file make sure to replace them both

/* Show the Preview-Hint to the Player */
			hint parseText format ["
				<t size='1.3'font='Bitstream'align='center'color='#00FF00'>! PREVIEW !</t><br/>
				<t></t><br/>
				<t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='center'color='#FFFFFF'>For preview of</t><br/>
				<t></t><br/>
				<t size='1.2'font='Bitstream'align='center'color='#0000FF'>%1</t><br/>
				<t></t><br/>
				<t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='center'color='#FFFFFF'>Press F5 now</t><br/>",
				(_item select 1)
			];

with

[
			format ["<t size='0.80' font = 'Bitstream' color='#009FCF' align='center'>! PREVIEW !<br/></t>
			<t></t><br/>
			<t size='0.6'font='Bitstream'align='center'color='#FFFFFF'>For preview of</t><br/>
			<t></t><br/>
			<t size='0.6'font='Bitstream'align='center'color='#31C300'>%1</t><br/>
			<t></t><br/>
			<t size='0.6'font='Bitstream'align='center'color='#FFFFFF'>Press F5 now</t><br/>",
			(_item select 1)],
			[safezoneX + safezoneW - 0.6,0.50],
			[safezoneY + safezoneH - 0.9,0.7],
			] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;

great :D

I have one question,

- Additional Information -

For those who have MORE then the standard Epoch Skins buyable at the Traders you would need to open MPMissions\YOURMISSIONNAME\custom\VASP\VASP_init.sqf

and add them to this block:

How can I add more skin to traders? :)