News about 1.0.5?

VidKo

In my opinion you did the best you can.  There is no way to predict all your players' new steam PUIDs to change it in advance.  The reality is you wont know each players new steam id until you update and they join creating a new line in the database.  The good news is that it doesn't delete the old entries..  so you would have for example a player ReDBaroN with old PUID and new player ReDBaroN with new PUID.  Then you could copy your old inventory to your new one for each player that requests it.  As long as they didn't change their player name you can search by that.  That is maybe not the best way to deal with this.  Some admins might want to opt for fresh server db wipe to avoid this.  For me, I kept object data and just deleted all my player data.  And I created new keys on request if they could prove it was theirs.  But I have a small server.  I think my players know that this was necessary.  Many of my old scripts do not work with new epoch and beta so really losing a backpack full of items is not the worst thing that can happen.  For example if you edit your database to get your inventory back you will get your keys and guns but wont solve plot poles.  Everyone needs to pick up their plot poles and replace it :(  Combined for all the players that have to do this action because of the update....... I wonder how much total time is wasted? years?  I really wish they would change that btw... plot for life is much better.  Speaking of plot for life, it doesn't work with steamID, HiveExt(0) [Error]: Error Executing |CHILD:308:11: so I wouldn't use that until it's fixed.  And also ReD, I think you would waste a lot of time of your life updating players inventories one by one, it's not realistic it probably take too much time and also requires restarts... It might be best to just wipe the old characters since they will be useless anyway and offer keys to the vehicles if they can prove its theirs (IE if they know the combination where it is stored).  And gear too i guess if they lost some good stuff.  but tell them that updating every single players gear would just take too much time and not possible.

No, because regardless of what the changelog says, even 124879 uses the new Steam ID. This is the version my server was on when I updated my client to 125402.

You have to use 125402, it's the only version with the new BE  for post-gamespy support.

I'm now worried about another thing I've only just thought of. My infiSTAR ban list works on the current PUID. 

So does this upgrade mean that all the people banned through infiSTAR now get back in? And worse, I have no way of knowing who they are?

I'm now worried about another thing I've only just thought of. My infiSTAR ban list works on the current PUID. 

So does this upgrade mean that all the people banned through infiSTAR now get back in? And worse, I have no way of knowing who they are?

That is what that means. Search their UID in your server's .RPT and you'll be able to find their GUID which you can add to bans.txt

That is what that means. Search their UID in your server's .RPT and you'll be able to find their GUID which you can add to bans.txt

Thanks icomrade. I tend to purge the RPT relatively frequently but, have just found I have a complete player history linking UID, GUID, IP & name in The Silent Warrior antihack which I run as well so, will use that to search and add to the bans.txt. I think I'll have to do this quickly before upgrading as I'm not sure whether it'll overwrite the UID in there as well....fun fun fun!

from an earlier post (GUID) "It's used by admins to do local bans and used by BE to globally ban players"

so everyone who ever got banned is now free to re-hack and run amok since itl all be new ID's? real nice should be a fun flashback to servers being nuked and rainbows flying out of peoples butts... this is turning into an official cluster-f

from an earlier post (GUID) "It's used by admins to do local bans and used by BE to globally ban players"

so everyone who ever got banned is now free to re-hack and run amok since itl all be new ID's? real nice should be a fun flashback to servers being nuked and rainbows flying out of peoples butts... this is turning into an official cluster-f

Now you are just a raging kid. You have no proof for that. BE is still there. GUID is made out of a CD key and the key of the game never changed. Never will. There is absolutly no reason for believing that the GUID bans are useless.

Besides that: Arma 2 OA costs round about 4€ most of the time. You get russian keys for 99 cent. Do you think a banned key would stop any hacker? You can probably buy 10 for 5 bucks.

Hi, anyone else getting this error in their rpt?

12:38:46 Error in expression <;

_weapon = weaponState _attacker;
if (_weapon select 0 == "Throw") then 
{
_we>
12:38:46   Error position: <_weapon select 0 == "Throw") then 
{
_we>
12:38:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: _weapon
12:38:46 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fnc_plyrHit.sqf, line 12

Have noticed a few issues in 1.0.5

• No map marker for my player (have map but not GPS or compass).  Worked in 1.0.4.2
  • Eye and Ear symbols missing from user UI.  Worked in 1.0.4.2
  • Exit menu counts down as normal.  When abort is clicked the the confirmation box appears and the underlying previous menu starts the countdown again (no affect on exiting).  Worked in 1.0.4.2.

Not sure if cleared in 1.0.5.1

Anyone else seen these ?.

Have noticed a few issues in 1.0.5

• No map marker for my player (have map but not GPS or compass).  Worked in 1.0.4.2 - Can't verify as run veteran anyway
  • Eye and Ear symbols missing from user UI.  Worked in 1.0.4.2 - Missing for me too
  • Exit menu counts down as normal.  When abort is clicked the the confirmation box appears and the underlying previous menu starts the countdown again (no affect on exiting).  Worked in 1.0.4.2. - Same

Not sure if cleared in 1.0.5.1 - Am running 1051

Anyone else seen these ?.

Now you are just a raging kid. You have no proof for that. BE is still there. GUID is made out of a CD key and the key of the game never changed. Never will. There is absolutly no reason for believing that the GUID bans are useless.

Besides that: Arma 2 OA costs round about 4€ most of the time. You get russian keys for 99 cent. Do you think a banned key would stop any hacker? You can probably buy 10 for 5 bucks.

You sound like just the kinda guy il be re-banning now since it looks like i was right .... also im over 30 ... kid ... flame bait failure. Now try to stick to the actual topic here and less on other peoples simple questions based on facts, if you have no idea what your talking about. k thnx.

So if i read correctly this basically resets everyone everything back tot the stone age of dayz , we all get new characters new ID's retain nothing from your old character, and every ban ever is reset.. sounds like a cluster-F if i ever saw one ... just like the messages from my host sound like its a cluster-F on their end too...as i wait for them to figure out when and how to do this forced one day update across their entire service, without any clear idea still how this is actually going to proceed. il say it for a forth time no rage just facts .. its a cluster-F. enjoy kids! lol

ps , ive simply sat on 103718 and epoch 1.0.4.2 with no probs till now ....because clearly theres no clear idea of how this should go which is a real shame for something months in the making here.

im aware of the procedures were required to do to get things going , and i still call Cluster-F on it all , real sad we have to ask in game solutions from players when were the server manager to fix issues totally out of (most players) understanding. So im sitting still for now , and I certainly dont plan on doing anything till this dust settles on all this, especially with my hosts current situation. (my host has not yet completed their backend for compatibility)

I feel for you friend, I just said that because BattlEye will not protect your version as of tomorrow.  And Gamespy + Commander likely wont work either.  The new steam version is actually not bad, had mine going for 3 days now.  It isn't much but once I got it going it has been stable and it's really nice!  New enterable buildings, new vehicles, lots of neat stuff.

I feel for you friend, I just said that because BattlEye will not protect your version as of tomorrow.  And Gamespy + Commander likely wont work either.  The new steam version is actually not bad, had mine going for 3 days now.  It isn't much but once I got it going it has been stable and it's really nice!  New enterable buildings, new vehicles, lots of neat stuff.

BattlEye will continue to work. The old global bans will still be in effect and working as usual as long as you are running your server on Arma 2 1.63.

ya , but il be all up to date when vilayer is done updating all their nodes and they put the new beta up ... however long that takes thnx for the infos tho uys :D,

also side note 1.0.5 has database changes (according to my host) so (for some) its best not to jump versions update to 1.0.5 then 1.0.5.1 (if this applies to anyone else hope this info helps)

ya , but il be all up to date when vilayer is done updating all their nodes and they put the new beta up ... however long that takes thnx for the infos tho uys :D,

also side note 1.0.5 has database changes (according to my host) so (for some) its best not to jump versions update to 1.0.5 then 1.0.5.1 (if this applies to anyone else hope this info helps)

Vilayer's a joke. Vert Hosting had everything set up as soon as it was released. The only database changes with 1.0.5 is adding a new heli and moving the fuel barrels.

Vilayer's a joke. Vert Hosting had everything set up as soon as it was released. The only database changes with 1.0.5 is adding a new heli and moving the fuel barrels.

vilayer is awsome (for me) thats all il say on it in this thread :P but ya those changes need to not be skipped regardless of importance to avoid future errors (ie traders/vehicle spawns and the like) but you knew that :p