Unified Epoch Project

grave867

life is open source - I will steal that line from you :D

Thx for taking the time and making your point clear. I think I got you now and where you guys draw the line. Hope thats also enough information for grave867. I, personally, still stuggeling with the idea of creating something like that. Time will tell. Just wanted to understand whats allowed and whats not since this is the No 1 source for Epoch related scripting and I heavily rely on that.

Wish you a lot of fun with Epoch 3 development. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you get chance Graves add me on SKype and we can go over this. I would love to have your pack as addition on my server. :)

My skype is brandon.batton i will try to be on as often as I can so that you can contact me. Thanks again for your support of UEP :P

• 3 weeks later...

UEP Overpoch edition is now put togetherl, it is still a work in progress based off the UEP Epoch Forest Build but is fully operational thanks to help a new member of the UEP Team. Linked is the github where you find the files. We are still ironing out the a couple details but no major problems so far and the UEP Epoch Forest Build is also getting updates as well.

Overpoch Link

https://github.com/Mrfalk/Napf_OverPoch_Unified_Remake

Epoch Link

https://github.com/bbatton/Unified-Epoch-Project

• 2 weeks later...
  • Destructable Bases (It is sad this is a feature)

Not everyone wants a sissified server, having destructible bases give more dynamics to the game.  *new generation* what can you do. . . :ph34r:  :)

"mommy the bad waves are attacking my sandcastle. . . "  to quote a Marine friend of mine that is on TS ranting about that blurb you put.

OH I digress, text can be read two ways.  The pack has 99% of the things I've added myself because the majority of people like the mods.  Its great for those that want a server up and ready to go, I threw it in a test server to check it out.  Copy pasted, overwrote, started it up... done.  Best thing ever for people who can't script. This is what we used when we first got into trying our hand at being server admins.  Its a great start for those that are afraid of tackling the editing of self_actions.. etc.

My pet peeve is "indestructible bases" or "don't crash your shit into bases".  :) So I apologize I read it in the negative fashion.

You do understand that I am encouraging destructible bases in that statement right....  :huh:

OH I digress, text can be read two ways.  The pack has 99% of the things I've added myself because the majority of people like the mods.  Its great for those that want a server up and ready to go, I threw it in a test server to check it out.  Copy pasted, overwrote, started it up... done.  Best thing ever for people who can't script. This is what we used when we first got into trying our hand at being server admins.  Its a great start for those that are afraid of tackling the editing of self_actions.. etc.

My pet peeve is "indestructible bases" or "don't crash your shit into bases".   :) So I apologize I read it in the negative fashion.

It is ok I should have worded it differently. But I totally agree and that is why I created this project, I am glad to see that it working well for your needs.  :)

I have a problem with the OverPoch installation.

The first time login works great, but second time login I get stuck on the loading screen :/

And does the OverPoch installation get as much updated as the normal Epoch installation? Because it seems to me that you only work on Epoch now...

I work on both however the Overpoch edition is not an official UEP repo, just based off of it. One of the people who uses my epoch build really liked my stuff and converted it to Overpoch and wanted me to help keep it up to date for him. Although I will be making an official Overpoch repo pretty soon time permitting that will be fully supported by me and my testing team. I will look into this problem however I have no control over what ends up in the current build of the overpoch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...