Requesting Character Data (Will pay for fix)

So now it's time again, i got the same problem on my new server...  

"REQUESTING CHARACTER DATA" Sometimes after people die. It doesnt happen to everyone only a few and not always. What i need to do when it happens is go into the database, delete their player_data, player_login and character_data. Then after that they can login again. 

What may be causing this, spawnselection? which i got on the server. 

I switched host from DayZ.ST to vilayer and disabled ai spawns but this is following me. The players sometimes show up as "Error" in the database instead of their ingame name, but not always.

This sometimes takes me 2hrs to fix (every day). 

I will pay if anyone fixes this for me!

This happens on my server if a player doesn't choose his sex and spawn location.  Likelly it is something to do with the spawn selector and if it causes you a lot of problems you should remove it. 

I think you can fix it by just deleting the character data.  You dont need to wipe player data or logins.

But ya its 95% most likely because they were at spawn selection when the server restarts.  at least thats what causes it on mine

This happens on my server if a player doesn't choose his sex and spawn location.  Likelly it is something to do with the spawn selector and if it causes you a lot of problems you should remove it. 

I think you can fix it by just deleting the character data.  You dont need to wipe player data or logins.

But ya its 95% most likely because they were at spawn selection when the server restarts.  at least thats what causes it on mine

No this do not just happen when the server restarts

Hi,

When you moved to Vilayer, did you transfer over your DayZ.St database as well? I had this issue as well when I tried to move over my backup of the database from DayZ.St to Vilayer. Started over with a new database and Voila! I know making players start over sucks but sometimes a necessary evil...

Zero

Hi,

When you moved to Vilayer, did you transfer over your DayZ.St database as well? I had this issue as well when I tried to move over my backup of the database from DayZ.St to Vilayer. Started over with a new database and Voila! I know making players start over sucks but sometimes a necessary evil...

Zero

I did not move the database over from dayz.st...

Ok, Just another shot in the dark... Do you have access to your Hive.ini file?? If so look for this field and make sure it matches your database...

[Characters]
;The field name that Player's IDs are stored in (unique per game license)
;Some table layouts have this as PlayerID, and some as PlayerUID, that's why this is configurable
IDField = PlayerUID
;The field name that Player's World Position and rotation is stored in
;Enables you to run multiple different maps (different instances) off the same character table
;WSField = Worldspace

Just a thought..

Zero