Dayz standalone moving to a new engine

Richie

Just wanted to point out while reading this old thread:

Anyone basing their choices of games when they look at streamers playing the game should take into consideration the unspoken fact that most of them are PAYED to play specific game and promote it and lie how awesome it is. It is not that of a stretch to believe that Sony could do that or that money hungry streamers wouldn't accept free money from big corporation :) Not that I am blaming them or anything. Just get real, people. H1Z1 is cartoon game. DayZ SA is while realistic, it more and more resembles to me berry picking game and guns are just there as cosmetic feature as it is impossible to use them past 100 meters without holding breath function which was gone for how long? I can't even remember... more than half a year. Much more. I don't want survival simulator without guns and guns without option to use them at longer range than CQC is the same as if they did not exist at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well that's a misleading statement also. The engine is changing, but they are not switching engines. It is a new engine in theory.

It's similar to how Source is built off of GoldSrc. Source was still a new engine at the time, it just had roots in the original GoldSrc engine. That's what's happening here with Infusion. They're gutting old, obsolete parts of RV and updating them with current tech.