[RELEASE] Ixxo's Chernarus Enhancements - Balota

Hi again!

Once again, this has been done many times before, but I feel like my Balota is different from what other people have created and as such I wanted to share it with you guys.

I have tried to bring some elements of Standalone over to the mod, in terms of graphical enhancements with my areas. Balota was the first area I decided to rework after having seen what it looked like in Standalone.
Don't worry, I'm not trying to sell Standalone, but some things they have done are nice and perhaps I can bring some of that over to the mod!

As usual, my areas won't have crazy barracks and weird buildings placed everywhere.
I have surrounded the entire airfield with a wall/fence and added some military loot areas and a few areas of interest. The runway also has lights so it will look good on servers with night enabled!

I have updated the file with a new industrial area just south of the airstrip near the dock there. This will add some anti-sniper spots for those annoying fire station campers!

It is entirely optional, so remove the section AFTER the update marker in the .sqf if you do not want to have the addition!

If you DO however use it and want to use the optional building that is enterable please remember to add "warehouse" to your AddOns section in your mission.sqm to stop that annoying error!

The unenterable version which causes no errors is the default one used in the .sqf file.

Link to the .sqf file
https://github.com/IanHardy/ChernarusBuildings/blob/master/balota.sqf

Screenshots of the area
http://imgur.com/a/oUI5L

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

More areas from my 'Chernarus Enhancements' series:

Kamenka - 

NEAF + Krasnostav - 

NWAF

Vybor - 

Zelenogorsk + 3 Army Bases - 

Very Cool, Thanks for sharing, Quick Q though, How did you move the run way parts around in the 3D editor? You can't click and drag them. That's the only thing I haven't been able to figure out but I'm sure its super simple. Mind lending me a brain cell.

Thanks

Drop a chair right next to the runway. Click-drag to select both -> move/rotate around.

Hi pure3. I removed krasno.sqf as I will be releasing my finalised version soon along with the rest of this series. I'm currently working on North East Airfield and will release it today.

Thanks so much for the feedback guys. A lot of effort has gone into these areas so I really appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...

hi there puting your balota map edit in but it dont work your other ones do i dont understand

Hmmm that's strange, have you tried disabling the other map edits and only enabling balota?

I have a test server with all my edits running together so I know that they do all work together... Could be some sort of conflict.

Also, I'm not going to assume you made a mistake, but just incase you mistyped the name for the call have a look at that?

If you are still stuck pm me and I'll try and help you out!

Hey there,

Just wanted to let you know that I downloaded your files from github and they were all mislabled. What they were named was not what the code was. Might want to check that.

Other than that, thanks for your contribution!

There are two main ways to do so...

1. If you place the balota.sqf inside your mission.pbo just use the call [] execVM "buildings\balota.sqf"; at the bottom of your init.sqf file.

2. If placing it inside your server.pbo use the call call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\balota.sqf"; at the bottom of your server_functions.sqf in your server.pbo init folder.

Obviously edit the location so it represents where you place it. I use a folder called buildings and place all my custom edits in there, hence the file pathname.

• 2 weeks later...

Just updated with a new small industrial area near the docks. It's an optional addition but it adds an interesting area for new spawns and also gives any Balota camping snipers on top of the fire station an area to worry about.

You will need to add "warehouse" to your mission.sqm to stop the error message.

As soon as I get home I will add the option to use the other version of the building with no error messages. Just have to uncomment the building you would like to use but for now it's the enterable one.

Screenshots to come.

Hi again!

Once again, this has been done many times before, but I feel like my Balota is different from what other people have created and as such I wanted to share it with you guys.

I have tried to bring some elements of Standalone over to the mod, in terms of graphical enhancements with my areas. Balota was the first area I decided to rework after having seen what it looked like in Standalone.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to sell Standalone, but some things they have done are nice and perhaps I can bring some of that over to the mod!

As usual, my areas won't have crazy barracks and weird buildings placed everywhere.

I have surrounded the entire airfield with a wall/fence and added some military loot areas and a few areas of interest. The runway also has lights so it will look good on servers with night enabled!

Link to the .sqf file

https://github.com/IanHardy/ChernarusBuildings/blob/master/balota.sqf

Screenshots of the area

http://imgur.com/a/oUI5L

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

More areas from my 'Chernarus Enhancements' series:

Kamenka - 

NEAF + Krasnostav - 

NWAF

Vybor - 

Zelenogorsk + 3 Army Bases - 

thxx.

To fix the missing warehouse error add "warehouse" to your mission.sqm file in the addons section.

Like this as an example.

addOns[]=

{

"chernarus",

"ca_modules_animals",

"dayz_anim",

"dayz_code",

"dayz_communityassets",

"dayz_weapons",

"dayz_equip",

"dayz_epoch",

"dayz_vehicles",

"cacharacters_pmc",

"ca_modules_functions",

"glt_m300t",

"pook_h13",

"csj_gyroac",

"map_eu",

"jetskiyanahuiaddon",

"warehouse"

};

If you put the file into your server then you mission file will be smaller for players who join. And if it's server sided AI interact with the buildings properly.

I have updated the file with a new industrial area just south of the airstrip near the dock there. This will add some anti-sniper spots for those annoying fire station campers!

It is entirely optional, so remove the section AFTER the update marker in the .sqf if you do not want to have the addition!

If you DO however use it and want to use the optional building that is enterable please remember to add "warehouse" to your AddOns section in your mission.sqm to stop that annoying error!

To use the optional building delte the default vehicle and uncomment the optional version :)

The unenterable version which causes no errors is the default one used in the .sqf file.

Screenshots

Defaulthttp://imgur.com/HcMX15s,iReVwh8#1

Optionalhttp://imgur.com/HcMX15s,iReVwh8#0

• 2 months later...

Your creations are awesome, just wanted to start off with that.  But my question is how do you make the fences around the airfield so you can drive through them?  So many broken wheels or cars exploding because we always forget.  Figured I would ask since you may know.  If not I will tell everyone to live with it :)

How do you have an object laying on it's side like in this picture?

vPktPLp.jpg

by using: _this setVehicleInit "this setvectorup [0,0,1]";

_vehicle_489 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["MAP_vez", [4881.0801, 2361.1638, 8.5830688e-006], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_489 = _this;
_this setDir -150.72551;
_this setVehicleInit "this setvectorup [0,0,1]";
_this setPos [4881.0801, 2361.1638, 8.5830688e-006];
};