General Questions. Likes and Dislikes.

Incar

I just gotta ask these questions, have had a server up awhile and just no luck getting attention so wondering if it's the direction I'm taking.

Easy vs Hard?

I notice the majority of servers have every script imaginable to make everything easy, you get 500+ car spawns and loot is almost limitless. Is this how everyone likes it? Or is it just all you find to play? Personally I think things are more fun when you gotta work for it, but maybe I'm crazy, lol.

Map?

What are your guys map preferences and why? Are there maps you just won't touch, and why?

Features?

What features do you absolutely require when playing a server? To the point if the server doesn't have it, you leave.

PvE vs PvP

Do you prefer just looting like crazy? Finding people to kill? Raiding Bases? What style of gameplay do you enjoy most. Also, do you like going solo or making a group effort?

Weapons

Do you have fun using different weapons? Do you mind taking people out with a shotgun or enfield? Or do you need to run to militarized zones for the big guns?

Anything else you think is relevant, feel free to toss in just for the hell of it.

All feedback on these questions is appreciated and will be read often. It's always good to know what people want, even when I have a set goal, compromise sometimes needs to be made.

Easy vs Hard?

I side towards harder.

Map?

Something Wooded, but not super mountainous.

So far Chernarus and Napf I like best.

Features?

Self Blood because I like to play solo.

PvE vs PvP

If it's PVE, it has to have hard PVE elements.

I also like PVP though.

Weapons

I like lots of varied weapons.

Easy vs Hard?

I side towards harder.

Map?

Something Wooded, but not super mountainous.

So far Chernarus and Napf I like best.

Features?

Self Blood because I like to play solo.

PvE vs PvP

If it's PVE, it has to have hard PVE elements.

I also like PVP though.

Weapons

I like lots of varied weapons.

Thanks for the input. Anyone else have anything to say?

Easy vs Hard?

I play Epoch for a bit of good fast fun.

Map?

I LOVE Namalsk and Napf. Chernarus isn't bad, just a bit boring.

Features?

I like the few that make my time better such as snap building and anti-safezone theft.

PvE vs PvP

PVP, I am a dirty bandit.

Weapons

Large amounts of weapons stashed away.

Easy vs Hard

Hard server / survival. I'm a rare breed too like you.

Map

I'm in love with Napf

Features

- SelfBB for solo players

- Don't like lift/tow script but would kill for a real towtruck and heavy lift helo (Chinook & Merlin only)

- no crosshair

- 3rd person in vehicles (driver seat only) and during building only (no 3rd person on foot in combat)

*** never found a server with all those choices ***

PVP or PVE

I like a server with PVP but no griefing... so a balanced server with decent admin willing to discipline abusive players that are playing simply to ruin other peoples game.

I also play in a No PVP server to build / play nice but I feel the need for that PVP tension sometimes.

Weapons

I personally think we'd all benefit from having less weapons and less powerful optics. If I had a server it would not have any scopes bigger than a ACOG. Actually probably just sights, no scopes at all... but tons of crappy RPGs with exetremely rare / expensive ammo... 1 brief per rocket, 10 briefs for the RPG. Plus the damage from a RPG set to that of a hand grenade plus a tad added as casing shrapnel

Yea, I'm picky :)

Easy vs Hard

Hard server / survival. I'm a rare breed too like you.

Map

I'm in love with Napf

Features

- SelfBB for solo players

- Don't like lift/tow script but would kill for a real towtruck and heavy lift helo (Chinook & Merlin only)

- no crosshair

- 3rd person in vehicles (driver seat only) and during building only (no 3rd person on foot in combat)

*** never found a server with all those choices ***

PVP or PVE

I like a server with PVP but no griefing... so a balanced server with decent admin willing to discipline abusive players that are playing simply to ruin other peoples game.

I also play in a No PVP server to build / play nice but I feel the need for that PVP tension sometimes.

Weapons

I personally think we'd all benefit from having less weapons and less powerful optics. If I had a server it would not have any scopes bigger than a ACOG. Actually probably just sights, no scopes at all... but tons of crappy RPGs with exetremely rare / expensive ammo... 1 brief per rocket, 10 briefs for the RPG. Plus the damage from a RPG set to that of a hand grenade plus a tad added as casing shrapnel

Yea, I'm picky :)

See I wish everyone felt that way, lol. A few things I would prefer I'm ignoring cause I'm worried it'll scare people away from the server. Only real things I have a difference of opinion on are Tow/Lift and SelfBB. Tow/Lift I think will be ok if balanced really well, so only large vehicles can tow, but only smaller vehicles, and same with Lift (though to be honest, I wouldn't mind removing heli's altogether). As for SelfBB, I find it makes it too easy on a player for solo, I've walked out of so many PvP situations I should have died in but SBB saved my ass. I'm still debating adding it, but looking into adding a check on the feature so if a player has the shakes from excessive blood loss or infection, they risk doing it wrong and injuring themselves further.

But yah, thanks for more input guys.

See I wish everyone felt that way, lol. A few things I would prefer I'm ignoring cause I'm worried it'll scare people away from the server. Only real things I have a difference of opinion on are Tow/Lift and SelfBB. Tow/Lift I think will be ok if balanced really well, so only large vehicles can tow, but only smaller vehicles, and same with Lift (though to be honest, I wouldn't mind removing heli's altogether). As for SelfBB, I find it makes it too easy on a player for solo, I've walked out of so many PvP situations I should have died in but SBB saved my ass. I'm still debating adding it, but looking into adding a check on the feature so if a player has the shakes from excessive blood loss or infection, they risk doing it wrong and injuring themselves further.

But yah, thanks for more input guys.

I rarely use bloodbags, i'd only keep selfBB for lonewolves that have no one to heal them. I personally prefer tuna :) it adds 5000 health if cooked and there's no chance of infection.. but somtimes to bring the sound back it takes a bloodbag to do the trick (or aborting and coming back works but its cheating imo).

Anyhow... if you want an influx of players that will join then never return, choosing easy options does the trick but you end up sacrificing your own fun and you don't get the type of players you would enjoy playing with.

Balance or compromise is a tough decision as the server owner. Which I have no experience at. Hope you find the magic formula :)

Easy vs Hard?

I Prefer to play on ridiculously hard servers, but then again, I feel I am in a minority when it comes to that, I hate custom scripts such as auto-refuel/repair etc, but the majority seem to want the game to hand everything to them, the problem is that dayz and anything related seems to have lost its zombie survival feel, and it has become a deathmatch with base building game (for epoch that is).

Map?

Chernarus is a well balanced map, but I tend to prefer smaller maps, or maps with less high value buildings, whether it be Barracks, 3 story industrial etc. I like namalsk, however there is in my opinion too many barracks on that game to make it a challenge.

Napf seems to be fairly popular at the moment, again though, the capital cities are just huge loot areas.

Features?

The only feature I always look for is 3rd person enabled, I like difficult but 1st person can be very frustrating when driving, or if you think you are in cover and you are sticking an arm out the side of a tree etc.

There are a number of scripts out there which offer a mix between super hard and easy, for example self bloodbag only in a hospital, or towing only allowed with 2 people to hook the cars together, customising trader prices is also a must, its no challenge if you can run a few barracks, sell guns by safe, repeat.

PvE vs PvP

I've never played a PVE server, and even though the sound of it is interesting, the fear of losing everything, or combat at mission points etc is vital, i know it attracts KoS etc, but thats part of the game, the key to eliminating this is the community, admins etc, to create a friendly environment, but don't ban KoS, just maybe hunt down people who do it, make it not worth it for people etc.

Weapons

Ideally, No MAAWS, no dmr, no armoured SUV, etc etc, make scoped guns rarer, and ammo harder to find/more expensive, I like to think that if this situation actually happened, people would have pistols, hunting rifles, enfields etc, but how many military grade weapons would be out there, certainly wouldn't be 90% of the populationg running round with m14, or M4A3 CCO's.

Anything else you think is relevant, feel free to toss in just for the hell of it.

Missions, Crash Sites, etc are important if you want to drawer players in, keeping it well balanced and always somewhere to develop is the way to keep them, the second part is much much harder than the first.

By reading peoples responses in threads like this I always think, if well all played in 1 server it would be the best server ever, seems more than I first predicted like difficult/mature gameplay, but for some reason the most populated servers are "free safe for players/free building supplies/extra loot/militarized" etc etc

By reading peoples responses in threads like this I always think, if well all played in 1 server it would be the best server ever, seems more than I first predicted like difficult/mature gameplay, but for some reason the most populated servers are "free safe for players/free building supplies/extra loot/militarized" etc etc

Right? The maturity part is a big thing too. I don't know people do it, but so tired of arguments breaking out over side chat cause someone killed someone else while they were both looting in the same area or something.  Getting killed is a part of the game, it sucks when it happens, but it still happens, why it has to be turned into a full fledged argument is beyond me.

Hard servers are hard to find though. I tried and tried, only ended up finding one that was somewhat challenging after I had made mine and even it had safe zones. However it was packed and I liked that it took me literally 24+ hours a gameplay just to build a base in a barn, get 1 safe and a few tents and a cheap truck. Was demilitarized so it was a lot of driving around to search stores hoping for orange sherbert. But their server was shut down after 1 month because of drama, and go figure it was between admins, cause it's not bad enough with players. Now I'm just hoping the Epoch community stays alive a long time for Arma 2, unlike most I've only had the pleasure of playing DayZ for like 2-3 months now, but hoping it continues for awhile.

I just gotta ask these questions, have had a server up awhile and just no luck getting attention so wondering if it's the direction I'm taking.

Easy vs Hard?

I notice the majority of servers have every script imaginable to make everything easy, you get 500+ car spawns and loot is almost limitless. Is this how everyone likes it? Or is it just all you find to play? Personally I think things are more fun when you gotta work for it, but maybe I'm crazy, lol.

Map?

What are your guys map preferences and why? Are there maps you just won't touch, and why?

Features?

What features do you absolutely require when playing a server? To the point if the server doesn't have it, you leave.

PvE vs PvP

Do you prefer just looting like crazy? Finding people to kill? Raiding Bases? What style of gameplay do you enjoy most. Also, do you like going solo or making a group effort?

Weapons

Do you have fun using different weapons? Do you mind taking people out with a shotgun or enfield? Or do you need to run to militarized zones for the big guns?

All feedback on these questions is appreciated and will be read often. It's always good to know what people want, even when I have a set goal, compromise sometimes needs to be made.

Difficulty: I don't like Easy games but games that are too Hard and aren't rewarding enough will get tiring also. I like a well balanced game.

Map: I've only played Chernarus so I can't chime in on any others.

Features: Third Person enabled, No building decay(with hours I work and all I don't get to always play, sometimes upwards of a week). I like selfbb but it's not a must have.

Mode: I prefer PvE because I find the game more fun that way and it's even better if people are working together. You're not going to always shoot the first person you see if that situation were to really occur but on this game if you're in a random server where it's not strictly PvE then that's what'll happen.

Weapons: I prefer SD weapons, and other than that I haven't really much an opinion. I like that some weapons are way harder to find, like snipers. Those wouldn't randomly be laying around.