Help with DayZ overpoch{Vilayer}

Zachary

Question

This doesn't help with Vilayer

I want to address this here due to the number of questions we are getting. 

You can still use that same Overpoch guide with our servers.  

The only difference between our servers and a traditional server is that the server and mission pbo are compiled each time the server starts. 

The pbos are already extracted and sit in the vilayercodecustom folder

dayz_server.pbo = vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch 

mission.pbo = vilayercodecustom\missions\epoch.chernarus

Download those folders via FTP, make your edits and upload them again.  Or edit them directly in the File Manager. When you restart your server it will use your modified files. 

This video explains our PBO system: 

You can also use the Start Settings button in ACP to add @DayZOverwatch to your commandline. 

Well, thanks Vilayer for your post, but owners of your servers like me know how your pbos are working.

The thing is that I tried the last 5 hours to set up Overpoch. I failed and gave up resignated.

The descriptions how to install this mod aren't compatible with your pbo system.

I'm not a noob on these things anymore like I was at the very beginning one year ago, but this really drives me mad.

I don't wanna paste here all the things I tried out....finally I got stuck on waiting for host when joining.

So if anybody got this mod running on a vilayer server, help would be much appreciated!

Well, thanks Vilayer for your post, but owners of your servers like me know how your pbos are working.

The thing is that I tried the last 5 hours to set up Overpoch. I failed and gave up resignated.

The descriptions how to install this mod aren't compatible with your pbo system.

I'm not a noob on these things anymore like I was at the very beginning one year ago, but this really drives me mad.

I don't wanna paste here all the things I tried out....finally I got stuck on waiting for host when joining.

So if anybody got this mod running on a vilayer server, help would be much appreciated!

We all do we figured it out, if you want to hop on my ts, ill let you know how to do it :3

TS @ 192.99.37.36

Hi there Mr. Snatchit,

Could i benefit from your knowledge as well seeing as i have a server hosted with Villayer and i am stuck on waiting for host as well. i would like to hear from you a.s.a.p. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Senith

Ok, we have had the same issues with Vilayer. What happens is Vilayers faults to a point.

When you Install or even reinstall CHANGE Map. The Config.cfg file gets reset to original. If you read your RPT file you will see the following

File vilayer_active_server_27266\27266_config.cfg, line 0: '.hostname': Missing ';' prior '}'

What this means *thank you Vilayer for explaining*  

The host Name is missing. If you look at your Config.cfg file your 1st line should read as follows:

hostname = "DayZOverpoch - {TR} USA Gaming! [-Overpoch][CustomGear][CustomBases][ActiveAdmins]";

But if your getting Waiting for Host then your 1st line is reading

hostname = DayZOverpoch - {TR} USA Gaming! [-Overpoch][CustomGear][CustomBases][ActiveAdmins]; 

It is missing the " "

Correct that and your server will be working. 

DLLKillem

Hey Im using Vilayer to run an overwatch server. Their recent changes to the control panel have made it so vehicles are no longer respawning on my server. Ive had ticket  #689510 in with them for 2 weeks now and still the problem hasn't been resolved. Hell, it took them 6 days just to reply. Is there a way that anyone knows, to respawn vehicles on my server using my database? Im running out of vehicles here.

Hey Im using Vilayer to run an overwatch server. Their recent changes to the control panel have made it so vehicles are no longer respawning on my server. Ive had ticket  #689510 in with them for 2 weeks now and still the problem hasn't been resolved. Hell, it took them 6 days just to reply. Is there a way that anyone knows, to respawn vehicles on my server using my database? Im running out of vehicles here.

I would recommend buying TSW , the silent warrior. This will allow you to create vehicle spawn point easily, and it's that fastest way I know how to other than manually spawning in vehicles and inserting them into the database.

It's only 15USD and I think it's worth it.

Vehicles wont spawn if there are more vehicles than there are spawn point, even if you have the vehicles set to 10000. TSW will allow you to add in those vehicles spawn points faster than any other method.

I need to know vilayers directories..  I'm trying to get my loading screen to appear from server instead of making the player download a 2.5mb item from placing it in the missions.  I'm trying to get it to appear in 

\z\addons\dayz_server\DayZLoadingScreen.jpg

In Description.ext I'm running.

onPauseScript = "";
loadScreen = "\z\addons\dayz_server\DayZLoadingScreen.jpg";

but i don't understand the pathways.. Where is Z? and which directory in vilayercustomcode repacks to what exactly..
This is for a DayZ OverPoch server.

As far as I know with my overpoch server, making a custom loading screen has to be added to the mission file. Haven't tried server side but I doubt it would work.

For the pathways the z\addons\dayz_server refers to your server side files (or parts of them), vilayercustomcode then dayz_overpoch (or epoch possibly) then whatever the map is, this is where the file is referencing. This is where you will find the infistar anti hack (if you use infistar) and many other files, these are not downloaded client side for obvious reasons. Vilayer automatically packs that into the dayz_server code which explains the pathway.

I hope this explains this, there are tutorials and guides out there too if you need more.

I know that 

that wasn't really what i was asking

i was trying to figure out which folder relates to what, so when/if i save something in there i know it will be repacked to 

Dayz_server.pbo

Dayz_code.pbo

If i can figure out how to direct my description.ext  loading screen script how to point to where the files are being repacked then it should work.  

But I don't know which folder repacks what to test each directory until it works

Could you try getting the server side to work to let me know if there is a way?

Im trying to change my init directory for after they are packed..

For example.  I put BGIMG.jpg in \vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\ 

But by default files are loading from the dayz_server.pbo from a z\addons\dayz_server\ Directory in the init,  What would i need to input for it to correctly take the directory from my init from the packaged area of the dayz_server.pbo

I understand that the files are being repacked, the problem is with the directory i added in "\z\addons\dayz_server\DayZLoadingScreen.jpg"

isnt loading the loading screen, when i had the file placed in

\vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\

as

\vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\DayZLoadingScreen.jpg\

so the directory is obviously not to the correct place or something is failing somewhere.