Need help with WAI Custom Spawns

Tricks

Question

Hey all,

I have a carrier in the water off the coast of Cherno. My AI spawns on it without any issues. However my static gun emplacements are not. Is that because it is over water? Would it work if I placed metal panels under them? Here is my code:

[[[6301.2,1371.87,55.5946],[6064.75,1371.63,47.8863]], //position(s) (can be multiple).
"M2StaticMG",                                          //Classname of turret
0.5,				                       //Skill level 0-1. Has no effect if using custom skills
"Random",			               //Skin "" for random or classname here. 
1,					               //Primary gun set number. "Random" for random weapon set. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
2,					               //Number of magazines. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
"",					               //Backpack "" for random or classname here. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
"Random"				               //Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
] call spawn_static;

[[[6163,1353.56,60.5666]],                             //position(s) (can be multiple).
"STINGER_Pod_US_EP1",                                  //Classname of turret
0.5,					               //Skill level 0-1. Has no effect if using custom skills
"USMC_LHD_Crew_Red",			               //Skin "" for random or classname here. 
1,					               //Primary gun set number. "Random" for random weapon set. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
2,					               //Number of magazines. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
"",					               //Backpack "" for random or classname here. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
"Random"				               //Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
] call spawn_static;

Also my NW Airfield Hummer isn't patrolling. Here is the Custom Mission:

//  NW AIRFIELD HUMMER PATROL

[[4745.38,10234.6,0.00142433],  //Position to patrol
[4334.18,10991.8,0.00142433],	//Position to spawn at
200,				//Radius of patrol
10,                             //Number of waypoints to give
"HMMWV_Armored",		//Classname of vehicle (make sure it has driver and gunner)
1				//Skill level of units 
] spawn vehicle_patrol;

Lastly my heli patrol stopped working, Here it is:

[[6201.71,1371.86,0],        //Position to patrol
[0,0,0],	             //Position to spawn chopper at
2000,			     //Radius of patrol
10,                          //Number of waypoints to give
"UH1Y_DZ",		     //Classname of vehicle (make sure it has driver and two gunners)
1		             //Skill level of units 
] spawn heli_patrol;

Thanks for any help!

2 answers to this question

Hey all,

I have a carrier in the water off the coast of Cherno. My AI spawns on it without any issues. However my static gun emplacements are not. Is that because it is over water? Would it work if I placed metal panels under them? Here is my code:

I'm having the same problem.  Though, I admit I am a noob at this.  I don't know why it's not working.

About WAI and my own experiences...

When one spawn group is buggued ( sometimes you use a coordinated thatw ill bug the group to spawn.) all the rest of the list of spawn group will not be displayed.

I dunno why somme coordinated are buggy to spawn group but to correct it, try to detect wich battlegroup arent displayed and delete it ( or add them other coordinated) and the one right before it... Save and repack.