Overpoch Help Needed

NateDaBeast

Question

Okay so I Have seen on the forums a whole bunch of stuff about how to install it , For example take the overwatch client files and put them on the server or something related to those words, I have even watched a video about how to do it and it doesn't make sense at all, Its by Mejtijosi or something like that

In the end I have no clue how to get it setup

So can someone, Please be nice enough not to make a very detailed tutorial but telling how to install overpoch, Please and thank you

18 answers to this question

Quick Install Guide:

(This is once you have a working DayZ Epoch Server)

Replace your current mission folder (DayZ_Epoch_*Number*.*MapName*) with the one supplied.

Replace your current server folder (@DayZ_Epoch_Server) with the one supplied.

Run the supplied SQL file (traders-addition.sql) on your database.

Place a copy of @DayZOverwatch in the root directory of your server (the same directory as other @... folders)

Add @DayZOverwatch to the beginning of the -mod= term in your commandline.

All done.

I just read this off of some website, But I'm not sure if thats exactly how you do it

well, I installed the server files but that was just cause I had em handy. You only need the overwatch client files

So you had the Epoch Server Files installed on your server before , Correct ?

Then put the Overwatch client files where ?

Did you do anything else ?

yes.

Clientfiles I placed in the root folder (copy paste the @DayzOverwatch file there)

after that I changed my commandline to @DayzOverwatch;@Dayz_Epoch;@Dayz_Epoch_server (or somehing like that, anyway)

Where do I need to edit the command line or are you just talking about the parameters from like DayZ Commander

yes.

Clientfiles I placed in the root folder (copy paste the @DayzOverwatch file there)

after that I changed my commandline to @DayzOverwatch;@Dayz_Epoch;@Dayz_Epoch_server (or somehing like that, anyway)

Also if possible where can I get the Overwatch client files