[Release] Skin Trader 0.6 (Buy any arma skin)

boyd

Turns out my issues with the skins not saving after restart was due to a problem with my init.sqf file

I was calling the standard epoch variables, and then the custom variables

Great news, especially for my players. 

Really positive feedback from everyone about the skins trader in my server btw. the players love it.

Hmm, followed the instructions but spawned in invisible and with no "Display Name?" option.

The vendor was there and displayed a menu but buying from him gave a "Could not count magazines!" error.

I'll give it another try tonight when I have more free time. Just thought I'd see if anyone else had the same problems.

How does this effect people getting into the same vehicle with these custom skins?

It won't effect anything.

Turns out my issues with the skins not saving after restart was due to a problem with my init.sqf file

I was calling the standard epoch variables, and then the custom variables

Great news, especially for my players. 

Really positive feedback from everyone about the skins trader in my server btw. the players love it.

Great that it works for you now.

Hmm, followed the instructions but spawned in invisible and with no "Display Name?" option.

The vendor was there and displayed a menu but buying from him gave a "Could not count magazines!" error.

I'll give it another try tonight when I have more free time. Just thought I'd see if anyone else had the same problems.

Could you show me your init.sqf and mission.sqm? please put the code in pastebin and provide link here.

got this working.

modified the male skins file 

http://pastebin.com/mLqRLjqg

^ this now includes a lot of the overwatch skins. such as stalker and the likes

and removed the female clothing as most seem to be civilian

some things should be noted here, 

if you use the files, unedited. some skins like dr hladik for instance, will mean that any player could trade items with you, as if you were the doctor at stary. 

thanks for all your effort boyd

although, even though my skin has changed in the sql database itself. when i come back in after a restart i was back in civilian clothing 

for Chernarus Epoch as I understand does not work? just tried ..

Followed instructions to the letter, but trader doesn't show up at designated spot in Klen (I didn't change default coordinates btw).  Server log reports this:

2:32:10 Error in expression <AllPlayers set [count AllPlayers, "Bandit1_DZ","Ba>
 2:32:10   Error position: <set [count AllPlayers, "Bandit1_DZ","Ba>
 2:32:10   Error 67 elements provided, 2 expected
 2:32:10 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\scripts\variables.sqf, line 4

Looked over the posts, but no one having "lack-of-trader spawn" issues reported a similar log error.  I double-checked to make sure I replaced BOTH the Model Variables and AllPlayers lines with *just* your AllPlayers lines.  What does this error mean?

Heh, just figured that out in the last hour - lack of attention to detail on my part, sorry about that.  Was going off the video, but looked at the code and saw Stary.  He's there and he works, but I can see duplicate entries for a lot of the skins, and some blank lines in between skins in the list, and also there are skins missing (based on the list in the Skin_Trader files).  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  Congrats on an *awesome* script btw!

Any way to make it so that doesn't happen?

You cannot arma skins start with that unless epoch devs want to put it in there client code.

Got this working on first attempt, Skins work fine and are still there after restarts.

But is it right, that you cant wear backpacks anymore, while wearing those Skins?

i had the same thing with a few skins, if this happens just delete that skin from the list.

You cannot arma skins start with that unless epoch devs want to put it in there client code.

i had the same thing with a few skins, if this happens just delete that skin from the list.

Alright, not that big of an issue, thanks!

Theres a bug to where if you have a backpack and try buying a skin it'll still take the gold and return the error.

Heres a fix:

GetMen.sqf find:

if (Global_Price call player_checkItems) then {
			_removed = Global_Price call player_removeItems;
			systemchat format ["<System>: " + localize "You gave" + " %2 %1.",(Global_Price select 0)select 0,(Global_Price select 0)select 1];
			if (!isNull (unitBackpack player)) then {

cutText ["You cannot change your Skin while wearing a backpack", "PLAIN"];
				}else{

change to:

if (Global_Price call player_checkItems) then {
			if (!isNull (unitBackpack player)) then {
			cutText ["You cannot change your Skin while wearing a backpack", "PLAIN"];
				}else{
					_removed = Global_Price call player_removeItems;
					systemchat format ["<System>: " + localize "You gave" + " %2 %1.",(Global_Price select 0)select 0,(Global_Price select 0)select 1];