[TUTORIAL] How to install an overpoch server & custom loot tables

Matijs

Question

my server never works with this, it always just idles at waiting for host or waiting to authenticate (running a lingor server if that matters?)

Nope  no loot now spawns, really frustrating

I guess lingor has another kind of looting system? Different houses and shit? I'm not sure.

Not sure if this is what you mean Hambeast posts a nice response about it and changing the values yourself!

Yep went right through and changes the values, the Overwatch stuff still didn't spawn on any zombies and the average spawn rate of all items dropped significantly even if I set it so zombies had a 50% chance to have something. Basically it broke the zombies loot. I still haven't found a custom Overpoch loot table that's not broken zombie loot.

I used this tutorial to add the custom loot to my overpoch taviana server.

Got the latest files for 1.0.5.1 (CfgBuildingloot, CfgBuildingPos etc) but only Epoch stuff seems to spawn in houses etc.

Zombies spawn no loot at all.

Anyone can help me with this?

It doesn't allow me to copy and paste so  I just put it in the files of why I need your help but I can join the overpoch server the first time and the 2nd time I can load in but an epoch loading screen is stuck I can hear but I cant see my units camera the only know way to fix this is if I log out and restart the server but my epoch server (which is the base files and almost the same) doesn't have this problem.

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead description.txt

arma2oaserver.txt

I have this posted in another thread but it may be more relevant here....

I'm running an Epoch Overwatch Origins server and sometimes (not always but most of the time) get the msg Error: creating weapon FHQ_MSR_BASE with scope=private in a popup when I join my server.   It also appears in the .rpt file.  I know it has to do with the Overwatch weapons but I cannot figure out what's causing it.   I found out from some people on the server that the weapons worked properly at one time and then broke before I took over the server.  Apparently some of these weapons can be found in-game but when you pick them up, it looks like you are shooting an invisible weapon.  And they fire at a 90 degree angle from where they're pointed.  Strange!  And the traders will buy them.   It was suggested that I look in the loot tables.  Well, I took a look at the loot tables, and mission.sqm.  The only loot file in use is CfgBuildingLoot.hpp.   I also have CfgBuildingPos.hpp. CfgLoot.hpp, and CfgLootSmall.hpp. Those are commented out as discussed in an earlier post in this thread.   Although they have some of the FHQ guns in there, no FHQ_MSR_anything and there are no base weapons anywhere to be found.  Being as this is my first venture into loot tables, am I missing something?

I also compared mine to the ones found here:  https://dl.dropboxus...668/Configs.zipandthey are virtually identical.  Any differences weren't weapon-related at all.

So what did I miss?

Thanks,
Bob

I have this posted in another thread but it may be more relevant here....

I'm running an Epoch Overwatch Origins server and sometimes (not always but most of the time) get the msg Error: creating weapon FHQ_MSR_BASE with scope=private in a popup when I join my server.   It also appears in the .rpt file.  I know it has to do with the Overwatch weapons but I cannot figure out what's causing it.   I found out from some people on the server that the weapons worked properly at one time and then broke before I took over the server.  Apparently some of these weapons can be found in-game but when you pick them up, it looks like you are shooting an invisible weapon.  And they fire at a 90 degree angle from where they're pointed.  Strange!  And the traders will buy them.   It was suggested that I look in the loot tables.  Well, I took a look at the loot tables, and mission.sqm.  The only loot file in use is CfgBuildingLoot.hpp.   I also have CfgBuildingPos.hpp. CfgLoot.hpp, and CfgLootSmall.hpp. Those are commented out as discussed in an earlier post in this thread.   Although they have some of the FHQ guns in there, no FHQ_MSR_anything and there are no base weapons anywhere to be found.  Being as this is my first venture into loot tables, am I missing something?

I also compared mine to the ones found here:  https://dl.dropboxus...668/Configs.zipandthey are virtually identical.  Any differences weren't weapon-related at all.

So what did I miss?

Thanks,

Bob

Had same issue. Its a mounted gun that doesnt work with epoch. Remove all guns with "base" in classname from mission loot, loot table, and go into your database and do a full search on "base" and remove all of them from anywhere they show up there. If one is found on a player make sure to edit out the correct number as well to not bug the character or his/her inventory. 

Hi hope you can help me

can't connect stuck on wait for host

i get this in my console when i try to connect

Mission DayZ Epoch Chernarus read from directory.

and it just goes on and on

dont know what is wrong :)

Got it to work. The @DayzOverwatch client folder was missing on the server. Lol

Thank you for taking the time to do this video. Really nice work. I am very new to all of this and have been learning along the way and as I go, so with that being said I just have a few questions to ask if that would be ok.

I already have a solid running Epoch using MySql and xxamp. And I use the DayZ Launcher to login the game. My question is this would I have to change something in my epoch data in the MySql? And couldnt I take the custom loot tables I have now running the Epoch and just replace them with the Overwatch? Or would I have to start from scratch to get this to run?

I didn't see a link to the addons in the first video. I personally hate video tutorials. A clear, written tutorial is much nicer. Do you have a link to what to add to the mission.sqm?

Nevermind. I found them. Add this in your mission.sqm:

"gms_k98",
"RH_m14",
"FHQ_Remington",
"FHQ_Remington_ammo",
"FHQ_Remington_msr",
"FHQ_Remington_xm2010",
"FHQ_Remington_acr",
"FHQ_Remington_rsass",
"VILAS_WWP",
"VILAS_RW_Forces",
"VILAS_WWP_CO",
"VILAS_RW_Forces_CO",
"ddopp_taserpack",
"smk_anims_lite",
"MicroAirVehicles",
"oz_is_objects",
"monaro",
"gsc_units_stalker_patch",
"american_law_enforcement",
"CYBP_Camels_Config",
"nissan_350z"

When you say "add" do you literally mean to add it under everything else or replace it with what is already there?

Hey guys I am having the same issue that a few others were having earlier. I have done everything correctly (I think) and followed along with the video. However when I try to connect to my server it gets stuck on "Wait for host" I had actually fixed this issue earlier by moving the "AddOns folder from my ArmA 2 directory to my ArmA 2 OA Server folder but it recently came back. I am kind of for a loss at the moment. Any helps is appreciated. 

Here is link to my RPT:

http://pastebin.com/B9J80tWc