Enable OPFOR on Epoch Sahrani

DeanReid

Question

We are currently compiling our own Epoch with custom addons, and we plan on using the 2 islands as a base for both sides OPFOR and BLUFOR I looked over the internet and found out how to add sides but for some reason only BLUFOR shows up, is OPFOR being used by AI or something else that won't allow you to enable the option, or is there something in DayZ Code that will enable this?

19 answers to this question

We are currently compiling our own Epoch with custom addons, and we plan on using the 2 islands as a base for both sides OPFOR and BLUFOR I looked over the internet and found out how to add sides but for some reason only BLUFOR shows up, is OPFOR being used by AI or something else that won't allow you to enable the option, or is there something in DayZ Code that will enable this?

Oh my, monitoring this thread! Sounds like fun!!

They are just sides, nothing should be using them.

By default, Survivors are Blufor (West), Zombies are Civilians (and so are animals, and some map objects). Opfor (East) is usually used for hostile AI, and Guerilla (Independent) are usually used for FFA Hostile AI.

You should be able to spawn any AI on any of the 4 sides you want. (West, East, Independent, Civilian).

is there a possibility to have players choose opfor/blufor?

i think thats his problem ...

afaik dayz has a custom lobby screen and i belive you will need to add a new one to achive this or it will only show blufor.

might also be worth to mention the fact that first player in the game will by default always be blufor unless you scripted it otherwise.

I've been looking through the dayz code, but I'm going to assume it will be in an fsm script somewhere because its not in any definitive script that I can see. or could it be in another pbo perhaps?

If you are trying to make players JOIN as a different faction, this is all achieved in the Mission.sqm.

Simply change what side they are on.

class Item0
{
	position[]={-7244.9355,365.97467,19534.543};
	azimut=-17.0839;
	id=11;
	side="WEST"; // <------
	vehicle="Survivor1_DZ";
	player="PLAY CDG";
	skill=0.60000002;
	init="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';";
};

When you change this, both Blufor and other side will be selectable from the lobby.

I know that this thread is dead but maybe anybody found how to do it? I tried some tests and even I changed also west to east in my player_switchModel.sqf, I still have player at WEST side after he join game. I made easy script to check player's side and write it to log and I see that player is EAST side when he is still in debug, but later when spawned on map he is WEST side. Any idea?

"DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[L 1-1-A:1 REMOTE],any]"
"DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
"init.sqf: DZE_DefaultViewDistance = 1600"
"DEBUG: loadscreen guard started."
"Res3tting B!S effects..."
"CLIENT_MONITOR: players side: EAST "
"[AGN] Starting Trader City Safezone Commander!"
B 1-1-A:1 REMOTE: Getting out while IsMoveOutInProgress
"PLAYER RESULT: true"
"PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"
"infiSTAR.de - randvar26 created (1.674)"
"SpawnWait: 601.7"
"LocalZombies: 0/10"
"GlobalZombies: 0/20"
"dayz_maxCurrentZeds: 0/500"
"infiSTAR.de - randvar1 started (1.838)"
"infiSTAR.de - randvar1 created randvar27a (1.884)"
"infiSTAR.de - 08-04-2015-v1401 - Successfully Loaded on Client ID138 (1.884)"
"infiSTAR.de - randvar1 created randvar27 (1.884)"
"SpawnWait: 609.886"
"LocalZombies: 0/10"
"GlobalZombies: 0/20"
"dayz_maxCurrentZeds: 0/500"
"CLIENT_MONITOR: players side: WEST "

Problém solved, running my EPOCH server with OPFOR side only and players are for sure OPFOR side.

Check your player_swapModel.sqf and edit:

//Create New Character
_group   = createGroup east;
//_newUnit  = _group createUnit [_class,dayz_spawnPos,[],0,"NONE"];
_class createUnit [dayz_spawnPos, _group, "_newUnit=this;",0,"NONE"];

I don't know why that original createUnit command doesn't work, even with east group it created west side unit. So I replaced command with different syntax.

In case you want both sides available (BLUFOR and OPFOR, you need to use original player side, so it can be like this:

//BackUp Player Object
_oldUnit = player;

_oldSide = side player;

/**********************************/
//DONT USE player AFTER THIS POINT//
diag_log format["player_switchModel 1: players side: %1 ",side player];
//Create New Character
_group   = createGroup _oldSide;

On 6/18/2014 at 4:03 AM, insertcoins said:

672gq8.png

Well, it can be done. However, cant get mission AI to shoot at me without shooting eachother, too

I was able to get OPFOR to show up doing this but BLUFOR is not available now. (One or the other) May I see this part of your mission.sqm or could you explain more please?

Thank you, Bricktop  

On 7/31/2015 at 3:33 PM, KostiCZ said:

Problém solved, running my EPOCH server with OPFOR side only and players are for sure OPFOR side.

Check your player_swapModel.sqf and edit:

//Create New Character
_group   = createGroup east;

I don't know why that original createUnit command doesn't work, even with east group it created west side unit. So I replaced command with different syntax.

In case you want both sides available (BLUFOR and OPFOR, you need to use original player side, so it can be like this:

//BackUp Player Object
_oldUnit = player;

_oldSide = side player;

//DONT USE player AFTER THIS POINT//
diag_log format["player_switchModel 1: players side: %1 ",side player];
//Create New Character
_group   = createGroup _oldSide;

I tried this with no luck. My server started and worked fine but only BLUFOR was available. Did I miss something? I'm trying to enable both BLUFOR AND OPFOR (and INDEPENDENT if possible)

On 6/9/2014 at 6:41 PM, TheVampire said:

If you are trying to make players JOIN as a different faction, this is all achieved in the Mission.sqm.

Simply change what side they are on.

class Item0
{
	position[]={-7244.9355,365.97467,19534.543};
	azimut=-17.0839;
	id=11;
	side="WEST"; // <------
	vehicle="Survivor1_DZ";
	player="PLAY CDG";
	skill=0.60000002;
	init="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';";
};

When you change this, both Blufor and other side will be selectable from the lobby.

Thanks TheVampire - This worked but when I change it to EAST only OPFOR is available. How would I make it so others are available too?