A3: Epoch DZMS

TheVampire

So, DZMS stands for DayZ Mission System. I want to begin to work on converting the code over to Arma 3, but I need a new name for the DZMS platform for A3: Epoch.

I would go with EMS, but I don't want it to be confused with the current EMS for Arma 2: Epoch.

Anyone have any name suggestions?

I guess you are the original dev of that system, right? Otherwise you should inform yourself about the legal aspect of converting that code into a new system and give it a new name. Sounds just not right for me.

Yes I am the original dev/creator of DZMS.

Even if I was not, DZMS is written under Creative Commons License 3.0, meaning that anyone can take and adapt the system, and release it as they like, as long as they credit the previous authors.

Didnt the devs already make a mission system? You sure you need to port it? Just EMS will be fine

EMS is not made by the Epoch Devs, it's made by Fox/TheFuchs. EMS 0.3 actually uses the base code from DZMS.

There is a built in Epoch event system however, but I believe only FMission utilizes it.

• 2 weeks later...

So, DZMS stands for DayZ Mission System. I want to begin to work on converting the code over to Arma 3, but I need a new name for the DZMS platform for A3: Epoch.

I would go with EMS, but I don't want it to be confused with the current EMS for Arma 2: Epoch.

Anyone have any name suggestions?

1. EPMS: Epoch Mission System
  2. AEMS: Advanced Epoch Mission System
  3. EMS3: Epoch Mission System 3 (three for Arma's three then your versioning will be a bit confusing EMS3 v1.0, EMS3 v.1.1 hmm)
  4. MSE: Mission System for Epoch

Size (reverse) matters so my favorite would be the last one........