Wait to Update to Arma2OA Build 112555??

ZeroK00L

Question

Hello All,

Updated our server today to the new Arma Build and noticed massive amounts of Errors in the RPT. Most of them being related to removeAction and Else statements. Here's a few for example...

Error in expression <sNearFeed) then {
_vehicle removeAction _vehicle_refuel_id;
_vehicle = objNull;
>
  Error position: <_vehicle_refuel_id;
_vehicle = objNull;
>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _vehicle_refuel_id
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\fixes\kh_actions.sqf, line 36

and

Error in expression <t.sqf";
if ( !((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList) && !((getPlayerUID player) in>
  Error position: <AdminList) && !((getPlayerUID player) in>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: adminlist
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\init.sqf, line 146
Error in expression <ivate.sqf"
if ((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in Mo>
  Error position: <AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in Mo>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: adminlist
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\Activate.sqf, line 1

and

Error in expression <ired = {};
fnc_usec_damageHandler = {};
thePlayer removeAllEventHandlers "handle>
  Error position: <thePlayer removeAllEventHandlers "handle>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: theplayer
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\Welcome\welcomespawn.sqf, line 36

and

Error in expression <", ""];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_selfBloodbag;
s_player_selfBloo>
  Error position: <s_player_selfBloodbag;
s_player_selfBloo>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_player_selfbloodbag
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\custom\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 30

and

Error in expression <arget];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_removeEmerald;
s_player_removeE>
  Error position: <s_player_removeEmerald;
s_player_removeE>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_player_removeemerald
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\custom\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 1099

and...lol

Error in expression <er_studybody = -1;

player removeAction s_player_clothes;
s_player_clothes = -1;>
  Error position: <s_player_clothes;
s_player_clothes = -1;>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_player_clothes
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\custom\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 482

It goes on and on for over a 100k lines of RPT. most seem to be associated with fn_selfactions.sqf. I guess this is the dilemma with having a heavily modded mission file and the age old question...to update or not to update? I looked through the entire change log to see if there were any changes related to these scripting methods and came up empty. Should I wait for Epoch to push out an update? I really like how the server runs now with all of the Crash and Bandwidth changes and fixes they made but this is insane amount of errors...Thoughts, opinions? What was your experience if you updated? If you didn't why not?
 Thanks

Zero

I've been having trouble doing rollback.  Keeps says 1.63 is newer then 1.62.  any help?

You mean for the client or server? Client gave me issues going back, I had to completely uninstall operation arrowhead and reinstall everything. Though 2 others I know had no issues. That being said, I'm on the bandwagon back to 103718, too many annoyances with 112555.

I'm with MGT on this. We have noticed a major increase in performance with 112555, even with the errors...maybe it's because we are AI heavy...I honestly don't know. Most players report an increase in local FPS of between 20-35%. Server FPS up by around 25% on average, fluctuating depending on number of players.

All I have done about the clean up is to give all my admins and mods the infiSTAR 'Fix Server FPS' function normally reserved for me and the other owner and asked them to run it periodically which sorts out the litter. Obviously, you need to have infiSTAR to be able to do this and I can't comment on other admin tools as I don't know them.

I'm now down to my last 3 errors with 112555 and have managed to clean all the rest up with the big help from Glenn, mbnq and the updated release of DZMS from Vampire (Big thanks to all 3 of you!). The 3 final remaining errors for me are:

==============================================================================================

13:36:50 Error in expression <;
_weapon = weaponState _attacker;
if (_weapon select 0 == "Throw") then 
{
_we>
13:36:50   Error position: <_weapon select 0 == "Throw") then 
{
_we>
13:36:50   Error Undefined variable in expression: _weapon
13:36:50 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fnc_plyrHit.sqf, line 10
==============================================================================================
18:13:41 Error in expression <x getVariable ["permaLoot",false];
if (!_keep) then {
_created = _x getVariable >
18:13:41   Error position: <_keep) then {
_created = _x getVariable >
18:13:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: _keep
18:13:41 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 837
21:04:42 Error in expression <Magazine _magazine;};
_para addBackpack _aipack;
{_para addMagazine _x} forEach >
21:04:42   Error position: <_aipack;
{_para addMagazine _x} forEach >
21:04:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: _aipack
21:04:42 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\compile\heli_para.sqf, line 137

If anyone has been able to sort these out please share. But, from what I have heard so far, with the latest patch they can't be fixed due to some null variable thing that I am not technically gifted enough to understand.... :)

So I'm going to stick with these errors and our admins cleaning up manually with 3 hours restart cycles until 105 which, I believe is imminent anyway....?

Rolling back to 103718 this evening, i've had enough... fps gradually drops over time, with 10 people online at 3h mark we get around 20fps, 2 weeks old database, lol (fix fps from AH only reported 300 objects, lol)

Biggest problem for me is running multiple missions at a same time - and yes, vehicles stays after restart... it's a big nope nope nope for me.

Also not 100% on this, but I've a feeling that loot piles are just generated and never actually cleaned up. 112555 is a bad idea for overpoch running custom scripts. 

Was running -nologs all this time.

EDIT: Downgrade went pretty successful. having 45-80 fps (on amd btw) now. Had to delete tons of empty unlocked vehicles (lots of mission generated) and let dynamic spawns do the magic. Also removed all boats, who the hell uses them anyway, just clogging fps  :ph34r:

Edited by raymix

I'm getting this error message since upgrading to 112555. Can anyone help me fix it? I'm down to my last couple of errors now but as soon as the PvP action gets going on my server this one starts hitting the error rpt a lot....

21:11:22 Error in expression <;

_weapon = weaponState _attacker;
if (_weapon select 0 == "Throw") then 
{
_we>
21:11:22   Error position: <_weapon select 0 == "Throw") then 
{
_we>
21:11:22   Error Undefined variable in expression: _weapon
21:11:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fnc_plyrHit.sqf, line 10

Not sure if this is totally correct or not, but I think errors like these go away if you initialize the variables in init.sqf. For instance, my error with adminlist went away when I added these lines to my init.sqf:

// Initialize Admin Tools Variables
AdminList = [];
ModList = [];

At first I just added AdminList, but then RPT showed an error for ModList, after adding both of these I am currently error free on 1.0.5.1/112555.

112555 update appears on DayZ Commander, all players download it

You have two options as a server owner

1. Stay on 103718 and watch your player numbers drop because everyone has latest patch and can't figure out how to downgrade

2. Upgrade to 112555 and watch your server performance drop

:angry:

You got that right.   We had 6 servers with 112555 with 1.0.4.2 and finally chose to downgrade to 103718 because 112555 is poorly written and breaking the game.   Dayz Commander should take it back out until they release a stable upgrade.   Now with the 1.0.5 then 1.0.5.1 then 163 upgrade coming its 24 hour a day tweaking.   Upgrading to 1.0.5.1 from 1.0.4.2 is not easy as almost all the mods have to be installed manually again and many won't work until new install instructions.      So we are gradually updating to 1.0.5.1/103718  for now.   Better to have a game that works then limp along with the crappy 112555    wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole 

Dad Burnit...........(steam out of ears)  Grumpy Gramps

Guys you really need to update Arma version this weekend.  June 30 is final gamespy shutdown,  and Battleye will not protect older versions after june 30th.   You are urged to upgrade to the new steam beta version (125402).

HI Brockie, thanks for your concise guide above.

What I was planning to do was to upgrade the server to 124879 so as to still get to the steam version but, not the version which changes PUID to Steam ID.

The reason for this is I still need to get my head around how with 3000 odd alive characters in my db I'm going to transfer their old character data to the new one created by 125402. Especially considering how on earth I'm going to know who's who!

BetterDeadThanZed has done a test where his server was at 124879 and his client was on 125402 and the 2 married just fine.

There is a big discussion going on around this here:

What do you think? (And maybe you want to add your helpful post there too....?)

Well with steam I don't know how to choose which beta to use.  When you opt-in for the beta it seems to take the most recent build, which is 125402.  And yes it has new steamID.  I'm not 100% sure but it looks like I have a new GUID also.  When players connect to the database it will create a whole new player to the database with the new steamID.  In the database it will keep the old entries with playerUID and create all new entires with steamIDs.  All players will start with a new, fresh character... kills reset, humanity reset, plot poles will need not recognize you as owner, etc... Plot for life script does not work with steamIDs.  I'm guessing all the player bans need to be updated, and I doubt that is even possible, so server admins need to find there own ways to deal with these problems.  And be extra vigilant against hackers.  I believe the plot for life script guys are working on rebuild for their scripts.  But my information tells me that Dayz commander will not work after the gamespy shutdown unless we are very lucky, so I am recommending this update to all server admins.