Wait to Update to Arma2OA Build 112555??

ZeroK00L

Question

Hello All,

Updated our server today to the new Arma Build and noticed massive amounts of Errors in the RPT. Most of them being related to removeAction and Else statements. Here's a few for example...

Error in expression <sNearFeed) then {
_vehicle removeAction _vehicle_refuel_id;
_vehicle = objNull;
>
  Error position: <_vehicle_refuel_id;
_vehicle = objNull;
>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _vehicle_refuel_id
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\fixes\kh_actions.sqf, line 36

and

Error in expression <t.sqf";
if ( !((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList) && !((getPlayerUID player) in>
  Error position: <AdminList) && !((getPlayerUID player) in>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: adminlist
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\init.sqf, line 146
Error in expression <ivate.sqf"
if ((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in Mo>
  Error position: <AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in Mo>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: adminlist
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\Activate.sqf, line 1

and

Error in expression <ired = {};
fnc_usec_damageHandler = {};
thePlayer removeAllEventHandlers "handle>
  Error position: <thePlayer removeAllEventHandlers "handle>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: theplayer
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\Welcome\welcomespawn.sqf, line 36

and

Error in expression <", ""];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_selfBloodbag;
s_player_selfBloo>
  Error position: <s_player_selfBloodbag;
s_player_selfBloo>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_player_selfbloodbag
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\custom\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 30

and

Error in expression <arget];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_removeEmerald;
s_player_removeE>
  Error position: <s_player_removeEmerald;
s_player_removeE>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_player_removeemerald
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\custom\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 1099

and...lol

Error in expression <er_studybody = -1;

player removeAction s_player_clothes;
s_player_clothes = -1;>
  Error position: <s_player_clothes;
s_player_clothes = -1;>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_player_clothes
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\custom\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 482

It goes on and on for over a 100k lines of RPT. most seem to be associated with fn_selfactions.sqf. I guess this is the dilemma with having a heavily modded mission file and the age old question...to update or not to update? I looked through the entire change log to see if there were any changes related to these scripting methods and came up empty. Should I wait for Epoch to push out an update? I really like how the server runs now with all of the Crash and Bandwidth changes and fixes they made but this is insane amount of errors...Thoughts, opinions? What was your experience if you updated? If you didn't why not?
 Thanks

Zero

I'm thinking its because I am a total dumb ass probably. Did I update it wrong? Should I have updated my @Dayz Folder? Becasue just looking at the new fn_selfactions.sqf in the new Dayz_code PBO there are drastic differences.

Or should I have just updated the Server exe and dll's? Sorry for being a total noob but this is my first experience with a build change since I started this project.

I think what I am going to do is finally get around to running a test server and rebuild my entire Mission file based on the new code i guess....

Zero

We are all having the same issues for a wide variety of mods. 

My affected list includes:

Infected Camps,

Spawn Selector,

Dynamic Weather Functions,  (I've fixed this one)

and I think WAI,

and possibly others.

The cause is this:

Error Undefined variable in expression

Note from the latests beta patch changelogs: (112555)

[97926]  Changed: Scripting: When a global variable is assigned a nil value, it is now deleted

Based on my limited knowledge, and from what I understand to be true is, that these errors existed all along and that likely any performance drop will be only from RPT spam if any.  But I guess it's just now we can see the errors in RPT as before we couldn't.  And BASICALLY They shouldn't cause major problems.  I think it's due to some tricky coding or wrong variables in some cases but for the most part can be ignored.  All the scripts with these errors, at least for me, seem to be working but unfortunately spamming the crap out of my RPT.  So it is a plan to look to resolve these errors, but if your scripts are running fine, then don't worry too much.

Sometimes it might be as easy as removing an extra []

Sometimes you may need to define a new variable

Some fixes and examples can be found

112555 update appears on DayZ Commander, all players download it

You have two options as a server owner

1. Stay on 103718 and watch your player numbers drop because everyone has latest patch and can't figure out how to downgrade

2. Upgrade to 112555 and watch your server performance drop

:angry:

1. Stay on 103718 and watch your player numbers drop because everyone has latest patch and can't figure out how to downgrade

Maybe do like Overpoch is doing with the call to action for the -mod= settings to be added... Instead change the call to action to say: "DONT PATCH TO 112555" or "DOWNGRADE BETA TO 103718" ? 

Personally, I'd rather see drop in players and have a working 1.0.4.2, since 1.0.5 is around the corner and players need to upgrade anyway then. 

I'm sure the same can be argued the other way around as well - might as well bite the bullet, get performance drop and wait out the patch....  

Thanks for all the replies guys! I think I will wait it out. When I saw all of the RPT spam I freaked and didn't even try to test all the scripts to see if they work I just assumed they would be broken.

Maybe do like Overpoch is doing with the call to action for the -mod= settings to be added... Instead change the call to action to say: "DONT PATCH TO 112555" or "DOWNGRADE BETA TO 103718" ? 

Personally, I'd rather see drop in players and have a working 1.0.4.2, since 1.0.5 is around the corner and players need to upgrade anyway then. 
I'm sure the same can be argued the other way around as well - might as well bite the bullet, get performance drop and wait out the patch....  

Why is there a performance drop? From reading the change log it seems they have supposedly fixed a lot of issues....

Zero

Why is there a performance drop? From reading the change log it seems they have supposedly fixed a lot of issues....

Zero

The command deletevehicle isn't working, so cleanups that run in the game can't clean up redundant items, like dead zombies, old weapon holders etc, so it impacts on server fps.

We're talking about Arma here, when modded it's always going to have some degree of brokenness.

When I say "broken" I mean reduced server fps, I would choose a populated server with a performance drop over an empty server with no performance drop.

I put 112555 on my test server and found that vehicles spawned with the admin tool disappeared immediately and so did vehicles that players purchased.

Oh, and I've seen an increase in player numbers on my servers since 112555 came out and I've stayed on the old version.

Downgrading client means re-installing whole game. This is a very bad time to have a fresh server. sigh

It shouldn't. Assuming you don't automatically update your Arma 2 OA on Steam, upgrading and downgrading should be a simple matter of using Dayzcommander  to select which one you want. That's what I did. I was real easy to go back to the old version after testing the new version on my test server.

I'm getting this error message since upgrading to 112555. Can anyone help me fix it? I'm down to my last couple of errors now but as soon as the PvP action gets going on my server this one starts hitting the error rpt a lot....

21:11:22 Error in expression <;

_weapon = weaponState _attacker;
if (_weapon select 0 == "Throw") then 
{
_we>
21:11:22   Error position: <_weapon select 0 == "Throw") then 
{
_we>
21:11:22   Error Undefined variable in expression: _weapon
21:11:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fnc_plyrHit.sqf, line 10

Add it to your exe startup parameters. From what I understand the majority of errors are due to the way Arma now reports on undefined variables, they were always there and do need handling correctly to help overall performance. Have always believed that one of the biggest bottlenecks for the server is writing to the hard drive.

So, how did you guys fix deleteVehicle problem for traders?

Should I just go ahead and override \dayz_code\actions\*.sqf files that contains deleteVehicle _obj; and TP them to debug and set destroy?

I am hoping this bug doesn't dupe safes

^^^ Second that question...

Also, what's the correct way to bypass those files? I've bypassed lots before in custom configs, but do you bypass the trade_any_vehicle, or player_traderMenuConfig.sqf?

Does the deletevehicle really not work? As in, at all?

I assume this would effect AI mission cleanups etc?

Wondering if anyone has had issues with custom loot since doing the update. For me it seems it's using my custom loot selectively, where some of the new items and stuff I added are spawning, while others give errors like...

15:31:18 Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_rabbit_clean_full.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 143, 176, 175

And in a few circumstances it's spawning items I've removed, while also preventing zombie spawns.