Origins Mod is no longer Supported or Further Developed by GP

CR4NK

Hi Guys, maybe some of you have already heard about that Origins Mod is not longer supported by GP and will not get any further updates. I just want to inform the guys who not noticed yet that Origins is down, if you want to read more about this look here. I'm also a little bit confused because first they make people hot on the new update with big announcements and then they stop working on the mod. What could be the reason for this?

PS: if you have time read some of the posts people make their, some of theme are rly funny flaming other mods like epoch and say the devs don't put much work in it and steal only addons from armaholic ^^

yep, thats what i said too.... im trying to figure out the housesystem in leaked 1.7.7 server files to use them in epoch origins, but that will take time i think ...

I doubt it was a threat from BIS, because if BIS did want to threaten them, they would have done it long ago. It isn't like Origins is new or anything.

Sounds to me like the dev got distracted with some other stuff, and then felt like Arma 2: DayZ was getting less popular.

Just watch, they are going to have a new project soon enough based on Arma 3 or a customized DayZ Standalone.

They have experienced the gravy train from their mod too much to walk away from pulling the same crap on another game.

i had an origins server for a few months and got bored with it, i've had much more fun with epoch and the ability to customize and add to the server. zombies get boring after a short while and the combination of zombies, ai, missions, random ai patrols, helecopter gunships... i've not been too bored on the extermination server. I once ran a stash house mission solo, looted it, hit another mission on the way back to my home and after clearing that one a chopper crash mission popped up 350 yards from me. after somehow surviving all of that i managed to get my self back home to lenzberg, only to get attacked by two different ai choppers at the exact same time. beats the hell out of cruising around tavi looking for something to do.

i'd love to see some of the aspects of origins in epoch, perhaps eventually resulting in overpochigins?

Already exists... Check 'Dayz Epoch Origins' on DayZCommander.

OT: Shame to see this happen, Origins had a wicked cool humanity system. A humanity system much better developed than Epoch where kills bug 70% of the time, resulting in humanity not being added to the character.

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently after doing some digging for a quote of a quote of a quote of someone who claimed they knew what actually happened, I found it.

On the GamersPlatoon forum a GP member made a post outlining the real reasons why the mod was shut down, and it was deleted. I finally found a post referencing what he had to say.

The claim that member made was that Bohemia Interactive contacted GamersPlatoon and asked them for them to provide their files to Bohemia, and GamersPlatoon refused, deciding instead to shut down operation.

It may be all hearsay, but it's something to think about.

The claim that member made was that Bohemia Interactive contacted GamersPlatoon and asked them for them to provide their files to Bohemia, and GamersPlatoon refused, deciding instead to shut down operation.

It may be all hearsay, but it's something to think about.

It was always going to happen, I'm amazed BIS let it go on for so long.

KingCunt and his team made fortunes from his license deals with GSP's

They killed off the Taviana.com mod by letting Martin in their bed and giving him money, Hicks was refused permission to use the new updates of Taviana

They sent out false DMCA notices to Opendayz when they released a new version of Taviana, sending fake DMCA notices is actully illegal.

They had weapons and vehicles removed from Epoch, remember the 'Hello Kity' cars ? Vilas was sent round all Dayz mods and have them remove his mods, only Origins were allowed to use his mod, again money was exchanged.

BIS introduced the Dayz mod license share alike terms because of Origins, not because some server admins sell items to pay for server costs, KingCunt and GP made fortunes selling other peoples code, at one point there were 8,000 Origin servers, each one of them paying them a fee each month

They killed off the Taviana.com mod by letting Martin in their bed and giving him money, Hicks was refused permission to use the new updates of Taviana

They sent out false DMCA notices to Opendayz when they released a new version of Taviana, sending fake DMCA notices is actully illegal.

They had weapons and vehicles removed from Epoch, remember the 'Hello Kity' cars ? Vilas was sent round all Dayz mods and have them remove his mods, only Origins were allowed to use his mod, again money was exchanged.

BIS introduced the Dayz mod license share alike terms because of Origins, not because some server admins sell items to pay for server costs, KingCunt and GP made fortunes selling other peoples code, at one point there were 8,000 Origin servers, each one of them paying them a fee each month

I agree.

Assuming that GTX could run an origins server for minimum price ($30/m) when they were charging $70/m that's $40 markup where at 8000 servers is GTX making $320,000/month.

When we rent a origins server many month ago it was around 45euro per month. And it was around 1500 rented server.

Now origins v got around 150 server rented.

I guess you should think about how to keep a team when you lost around 90% of your money in a project each month...

We paid $0 to GP or any other gaming host for our origins server and we got to rank #3 worldwide and held it for quite some time.  Until they released an update to break all the "leaked servers" and then we went back to epoch but at that point there was not building system and it was really rough and laggy.  Went to overwatch for a bit and then switched to epoch when it was fleshed out a bit more.

glad to say epoch is the best mod I've played since we started.