Traders - A couple not working - ideas?

PetuniaEpoch

Question

Hey all.

I'm running 1.0.1.5 at the moment, and trying to solve an issue.

A couple of my traders are not working (no option on scroll wheel for them). It's odd - all are working apart from 2 (they are at different trader cities to each other).

I'm happy to try to fix it, but just wondered if anyone knew where abouts in the files the traders were placed - Are the trader characters, and their triggers, placed via sqf files, or are they in the database?

Thanks guys

7 answers to this question

Hey all.

I'm running 1.0.1.5 at the moment, and trying to solve an issue.

A couple of my traders are not working (no option on scroll wheel for them). It's odd - all are working apart from 2 (they are at different trader cities to each other).

I'm happy to try to fix it, but just wondered if anyone knew where abouts in the files the traders were placed - Are the trader characters, and their triggers, placed via sqf files, or are they in the database?

Thanks guys

The trader's locations are in the mission.sqf file, their configuration (what they offer) are in server_traders.sqf, and anything related to entering trader areas should be in mission.sqm, all inside your mission.pbo.

Thank you kind sir! (did you choose the name for that reason? lol)

It's odd... I checked the server_traders looking for the building sales buys, and all the classnames used for them are present in my mission.sqf...

Trader cities work, and we can trade with all traders apart from the building supplies guy at bash, and the black market trader - there is no option on scroll wheel.

I'm using Maca's menus, but as it's working fine with others, not sure that's the cause.

Id' say its a conflict with self actions or something, if it weren't for the fact it is operating fine with the other traders :(

Im confused :S

The trader's locations are in the mission.sqf file, their configuration (what they offer) are in server_traders.sqf, and anything related to entering trader areas should be in mission.sqm, all inside your mission.pbo.

Trader cities work, and we can trade with all traders apart from the building supplies guy at bash, and the black market trader - there is no option on scroll wheel.

I'm using Maca's menus, but as it's working fine with others, not sure that's the cause.

Id' say its a conflict with self actions or something, if it weren't for the fact it is operating fine with the other traders :(

Im confused :S

I assume you're running on Chernarus due to Bash.

Maca's menus should not be the problem.

Take a look into the database and see if the trader id is assigned to any weapons/vehicles.

The default trader ids for the black market trader are as follow:

[["Black Market Ammo",527],["Black Market Weapons",526],["Explosives",529]]
And the default trader ids for the building materials guy at Bash are as follow:

[["Building Supplies",508],["Toolbelt Items",510],["Vehicle Parts",509]]
Check those in your traders_data table in your database.

Hey :)

Sorry I should have said! Yup, Chernarus.

I've checked the TID's, and they are present in the database.

Also, the classnames assigned in server_traders are present in the mission file  - NOT checked the location of them on the map, I guess the next step would be for me to get the sqf & beidi files and pop a mission up in the 3d editor? 

Were any traders removed during the upgrade to the last update do you know? (update TO 1.0.1.5) - Just wondering if maybe a couple of traders were removed, but got left in the sqm file or something :S

I assume you're running on Chernarus due to Bash.
Maca's menus should not be the problem.

Take a look into the database and see if the trader id is assigned to any weapons/vehicles.

The default trader ids for the black market trader are as follow:

[["Black Market Ammo",527],["Black Market Weapons",526],["Explosives",529]]
And the default trader ids for the building materials guy at Bash are as follow:
[["Building Supplies",508],["Toolbelt Items",510],["Vehicle Parts",509]]
Check those in your traders_data table in your database.

Also, the classnames assigned in server_traders are present in the mission file  - NOT checked the location of them on the map, I guess the next step would be for me to get the sqf & beidi files and pop a mission up in the 3d editor? 

Were any traders removed during the upgrade to the last update do you know? (update TO 1.0.1.5) - Just wondering if maybe a couple of traders were removed, but got left in the sqm file or something :S

This is odd. The traders were not removed in 1.0.1.5, nor 1.0.2.

Did you modify their locations or are they in their default locations?