Custom buildings spawning twice!?

clemontine36

19 answers to this question

Well thanks alot axeman, your question reminded me i could call the buildings via mission file instead of server pbo, so i commented out them in the server file, and added them into the init. Now they only spawn once!

all buildings should be added server side and should be as easy as execVM.  Sharing your mission file doesn't help because they are all server side anyway.  So keep them server side, eliminate any trace of them in the mission pbo and call them at the bottom of server_functions.sqf

if you keep all your map addons in one folder it should be easy as pie to add them,  get one to work essentially you get them all to work... i can't really imagine what the problem is, maybe post some files like server_functions.sqf.   dont forget to repack a new  pbo after you change something in the dayz_server

Should this be called from the server_monitor.sqf?

Under this

// Custom Configs

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapaddons\NEAF.sqf";
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapaddons\Skalisty.sqf";
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapaddons\Cherno.sqf";
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapaddons\Airfield.sqf";
[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\init.sqf";

This is how I call my custom buildings =)

But can you call them from there even if they are in the Server PBO? What would the file location look like if you had them in a folder called buildings, in the server pbo?

thanks

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\clemontine36buildings.sqf";

Buildings double spawn when in the server PBO and its a common problem! Id rarther keep them in their, but not if they are going to double spawn, is there no way to edit anything so that they dont double spawn?

Can you post the SQF that is spawning the double building? Also, keep them server side. Much cleaner way to do it especially if you have alot of map addons!

Zero

Jesus, i know egzactly how to do it, ive done it and one time the buildings started double spawning, which is a COMMON problem and the only fix ive found is putting them in via the mission file

You are having both the server and client spawn the buildings. The server spawns them onto the map, and the client is rendering them a second time locally, causing the double spawn effect.

Make sure only the server is spawning them, and you'll be fine. This can be done with the

if (isServer) then {

or

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

Whichever you prefer.