[WIP] DZEi - Epoch interior (updated 4/07/04)

raymix

Quick update: 

Snap building fully working. Need to rule out few bugs and sort out new snap point positions for hpp file, then video will follow. Soon after that the code in form of a release hopefully.

Basically what you see in screenshots is a visual guide to snap points, they are only visible locally, so other players around you will not see these points, this is intended.

This method of snap building will allow you guys to snap seamlessly virtually any vehicle/object/house in the game in any combination you can imagine, there are no limits.

The objects can be rotated 45 degrees while snapped or dropped, attached and detached from player at will allowing for total freedom when building your bases. 

You will be able to choose your own snap/pivot points on object you are holding for total control or just go with automatic detection. Automatic detection is still WIP tho.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bl96e9r8hdcjn6e/shot_140624_041157.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/exlq5xnaicyn34m/shot_140624_041448.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c430ljxnmpfrh38/shot_140624_041614.png

raymix waiting for the snap building my players really want it so right now im not using your player build until then but thanks for the update looks good so far

Hey, that's nice to hear. I had to partly halt dev for 2 days because of all update and beta crazyness... Gamespy shutting down tomorrow (again), so that might halt it for another day.

Either way, I've redesigned include files yesterday to be more user friendly, manual snap points worked fine, still need to make auto snap point finding. Tried it out on my own server, some people were struggling to understand it, but some got quite addicted, so it needs to be more simplified. 

How will theese items be added to the servers? Would it be missionfile stuff?

No, it'll be toggleable contribution to official release. Admins can turn it off if don't want the extension. Although this is just custom stuff, the actual idea behind this mod hasn't reached it's shape yet, idea was to replace emerald interior designer. Textures of models needs to be recolored to fit original epoch building textures, so yeah, still much to do.

Hey, that's nice to hear. I had to partly halt dev for 2 days because of all update and beta crazyness... Gamespy shutting down tomorrow (again), so that might halt it for another day.

Either way, I've redesigned include files yesterday to be more user friendly, manual snap points worked fine, still need to make auto snap point finding. Tried it out on my own server, some people were struggling to understand it, but some got quite addicted, so it needs to be more simplified. 

i see what you mean about the beta crazyness BE not going to work unless upgraded sucks

works great thanks raymix

Thanks for testing this, check out github for updated files. action bug (where multiple actions would spawn) is fixed, also added little tutorial dialog for first time users, only shows up once per player login.

To disable add this somewhere to your init.sqf

snapHint = false;

I'll be fixing and updating snap points later on today, still metal floor and ramp missing. But other than that, think it's pretty safe to use on live servers now.

edit: snap points also done. Enjoy.

Edited by raymix

Just finished tons of updates, fixes and optimizations, think I am ready for full release tomorrow. Gonna make a new thread for this, then go back to actual DZEI development that has been halted for too long due to requirement for custom snap building.

Will feck around with that tutorial message tomorrow, thinking of using dialog from BIS_fnc_dynamicText, don't like that you have to click "continue" part, but I'd love to add some colors and formatting (very limited choices here)... so hopefully that works out.

tiny update just to keep this thread "alive". New snap system in action on DZEI objects. However it's just a test, models needs some work done on them, pivots changed and needs retexturing to fit original color of DZE.

pics:

snap1.png

snap2.png

Started on adding more stuff, creating new classes while reusing CA models. Grabbed helipad and made a new hidden selection called "camo". There will be 4 helipads - 3 you can see and 4th not included in loot tables.

I will be designing spray can probably tomorrow for these.

All of these textures can be changed later trough mission file.

4th helipad is specifically designed for servers to add their own logos or anything else.... First 3 are hero, bandit and neutral (warning). These spray cans will be rare loot.

Pic:

helipads.png

Been busy lately learning hard surface modeling in zbrush, but decided to let it all settle down as the learning curve is quite steep, so decided to do some small update I've had in my mind for quite a while... so here it is:

Picture worth thousand words they say?  :ph34r: (that chair upside down is lootable object aka weapon holder).

spraycan.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey BDTZ, no this is all about config files mostly, which requires client PBO. I am not yet sure how they will be obtained tho as it's not entirely up to me. What do you think would be more epoch lore-ish thing to do?

I've asked in Axle's thread about how A3E interior items are obtained, would like to keep it same for Dayz Epoch, too.

The work on this is super easy, just that it's quite repetitive and prone to lots of errors. Currently size of mod is already almost 200MB, but will be reduced, since I will be removing roofs (because of Vector mods that will be part of DZE). Still ton of models to find and add as well as retexture them.

In short - this is not a mission file mod, this is actual client side config. There are still stuff that needs to be thought out to make sense and few questions answered from devs, but no rush... still lots of work to do, so yeah

Sounds cool. I'm not really into all the customized signs and stuff but really like the idea of being able to deconstruct/take some (chair, sofa, closet, etc.) of the stuff you find in cities and take them with you to place them in your own. Think this might add a new dimension to the game where playes still need to loot even while in endgame.

Sounds cool. I'm not really into all the customized signs and stuff but really like the idea of being able to deconstruct/take some (chair, sofa, closet, etc.) of the stuff you find in cities and take them with you to place them in your own. Think this might add a new dimension to the game where playes still need to loot even while in endgame.

There's dilemma with that one. Most (if not all) interior objects are just proxies for buildings added trough Oxygen, they are actual part of the building. I don't think they can even be removed. The initial idea was just to add them as custom loot piles, but currently loot piles for objects are rotated on their side when dropped making objects look funky. Maybe some kind of dynamic spawns could work instead.