Anyone using HFB - servers down??

Darth_Rogue

I'm renting a dedi box through HFB since August of last year.  Things have been great up until about 10 days ago.  The box mysteriously went offline.  I put in a support ticket and haven't heard back from them.  It's been 10 days as of today and no response.  I tried both their Facebook pages as well.  Nothing but crickets.  Anyone else having/had this problem??

Yes I've had a dedicated box from HFB since September 2013.  For several months now it would go offline intermittently.  It would come back online within the day though.

I've had to resort to doing an daily restart of the whole server.   When I've maintain this routine the server would not go offline.  From speaking with a few tech guys at work there might be a driver or hardware issue with the network.

I have a ticket open with HFB for a couple of months.  The issue's status is 'escalated' but no action or diagnosis has been given.  To be honest I'm seriously moving over to another provider it it continues.  I might consider OVH instead.

I had a rented server from HFB, that box went down to a "DDoS" apparently, didn't have a reply or update via thier ticket system for 2 weeks and counting.

So from the server being up for 1 week, down for 2 weeks, no response from them, I told them to shove it, will never use them again, ever.

Add to that, they use remote databases, which is of no use for Epoch servers, seriously long db sync times :blink:  (First player in would have to relog and my intro music had already played before any players logged in)

I wouldn't recommend HFB to anyone due to thier complete lack of any kind of support.  I even emailed the sales department with no response other than them escalating every one of my tickets, some of which I have had open since the first day of having the server with them.  I even emailed the owner, and didn't get any response.  Most shitty GSP I've ever used.

Currently have a dedi in europe, runs fine, have plenty of cores to play with, more ram and hdd space than I'll ever need, complete control over everything on the box. no issues what-so-ever :)

Better off stearing clear of GSP's if your renting a dedi in my opinion, they go up and down more than a prostitutes knickers.

I do love the control and the prices HFB has with their dedicated servers.  My frustration is with the box going offline if it isn't rebooted everyday.  I'll give them a little more time otherwise when Arma 3 Epoch comes online I'll move to another provider.  

• 2 weeks later...

Althogh this is an old topic and im not renting a dedi box...

My server has been down for 4 days now, no reply what so ever and now even the controlpanel is down Oo

This is the first time i have any problem with them whatsoever and the support is not answering me right away...

Well, guess theres nothing to do but wait then

I already cancelled my services and filed a complaint with the BBB, although I doubt it will do any good.  Their Facebook page is littered with complaints from users over the past three months, so you are not alone.  I wish you the best of luck.  But if I were you I'd start shopping for a new provider.

Which is exactly what I am doing now.. Cancelled my server and tomorrow will pay my bank a visit to call back the money I just payed them for the next month...

Quite sad actually as I was with them for 6 months in which they never disappointed me.

Well, guess I'll be renting a server from vilayer now

Had an Arma 3 Altis Life server with them for a couple months, then the box apparently went down to DDoS, so they null-routed it. No issue.

The box was down for over a month with no response to support tickets to move us to a different box.

Had to file a paypal dispute for services not rendered to get the money back.

Hi all

What happening to HFB server?

I tryed to contact them but no reply from my numerous tickets.

Our server is down for so long now and they dont give back our money...

We already closed 3 server so far and they give us ou rmoney back.

But for our latest server that was "closed" 1 week ago, nothings come..

It seems theyr are dead as every HFB server are down...

what a pitty

LoL my players just informed me that my HFB server (offline for ~3 weeks and cancelled for 2 weeks) is now back online. 
I still have full access though :D

@ Brutus: If they won't give you back your money file for a dispute with paypal or if you can simply book back the money from the bank which is was I did.

I'd recommend NFO servers (nfoservers.com) ALL DAY LONG - No reason for saying this, not an affiliate or anything, just rent from them for the last year or so, and...

1) EXCELLENT response to tickets (like, 5mins to 20mins is normal - Over 30mins VERY rare - like hardly ever that long!)

2) They really give a shit about customer service

3) Their network seems really good!

Drawback is you have to setup dayz yourself - but personally I like that!