[TUTORIAL] Remove/Change Trading Animations (for faster trading)

Gr8

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Seems if I tab out of this window I lose my progress.

This is the 4th attempt so PLEASE forgive the format and speed of the communication.

ISSUE

All traders work for fast trading, however, custom trader categories are not populating on the trader menus.

If I scroll on a CUSTOM trader I get the trade_any menus no problem. and they work. (trade zombie meat for Biomeat ect)

If I open a trader menu, then it shows all the item "Categories" I want, but if the trader has a non-standard category (OverPoch items for instance) then the menu never shows and you get the blip "loading items..." Which I thought was for Database traders only. HOWEVER the standard items on that same trader will fast trade without issue. (Items that should and probably are in the database).

Here is where I THINK the issue is happening, but the tutorial only says " Open fixes/compiles.sqf

Find:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuHive.sqf";”

but when I open that file I find 2 instances. Of call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_traderMenuHive.sqf";

// trader menu code

if (DZE_ConfigTrader) then {

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuHive.sqf";

}else{

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_traderMenuHive.sqf";

};

I have tried this combination of both with Fixes, both with DayZ_Code and alternating each. No joy on that testing.

All testing results in the same issue as above. Works AWESOME for Standard traders, will not show menus for the custom traders.

Can you suggest how I can fix this , OR how I can better explain my issue so I can communicate a bit more clear the issue?

Thanks ! awesome work!

Thanks for this great script!  Works like a charm!  

TheDude:  I also use config traders and had a similar problem.

Instead of using player_traderMenuHive.sqf, I used player_traderMenuConfig.sqf and made the changes as instructed in the OP #6 (with correct path, I used custom folder instead of fixes).  So in my custom complies: call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\player_traderMenuConfig.sqf";  and in my player_traderMenuConfig.sqf:   _File = "custom\trade\" + _afile + ".sqf";

Not sure if this will help you, but I had the same thing you describe happen until I did this ^^.

Thanks again Gr8!

I actually found your solution after hours of searching the internet. thank you so much for coming back to this post and providing that info. I have many other problems now plus I use gems as currency. I have overcome most of the problems. The problem that I have now is that when I Trey Deepak items betrayed never cancels but I see the solution in post above. I'm going to rip it out and redo it with your advice. Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...