[RELEASE] TradeFromVehicle - Version 2.0 is here!

Csus

Fantastic script, very well done, and I hope you can help me out with adding in a custom trader.  I've added a new trader using the "Drake_Light" skin and can conduct manual trades correctly, yet the Trade from vehicle script (Dwarfer's version with config traders) does not attach.

I've included the Drake_Light in the serverTraders array at the top of server_traders.sqf, is there another place I should include it?

My players and I love this script. I have a question, but I don't want to read through 22 pages of text to find out if it has been answered already. Will this work with my custom traders? If so, how do I do that?

Notice how it says "Search ....... This Topic"?

Go there, type "traders" or "custom" and filter through until you find something useful.

search_zpsa0h1nzzf.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi, I switched to configtraders recently and get this message in my client rpt log spammed all over again:

Error in expression <99,[_class,_typeNum],99999,_buy,_sell,0,_trader_id,_type];
PVDZE_plr_TradeMenuR>Error position: <_trader_id,_type];PVDZE_plr_TradeMenuR>
Error Undefined variable in expression: _trader_id
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.napf\custom\TradeFromVehicle Version 2.0\system\functions.sqf, line 75

anybody got this too and has an idea how to fix it? for your information, I used the suggested fix for configtraders, which was posted in this tread.

this is a very badly written and neglected mod with very poor optimization.

it does NOT currently work with config traders.

it also seems like the author of this has either given up or moved on to other stuff, since he has not ansewerd this thread in quite some time now ...

so DO NOT install if you have config traders (uless you intend to fix it).

• 5 weeks later...

So I'm pulling my hair out over here trying to get this figured out.  

I've got config traders set up

Using Gold Bars and have the TFV_COINS = false

Running Infistar *Disabled it and still not returning gold*

The option to sell from backpack pops up 1 time, and will sell the items, but it wont return any gold to the player.  After that, the scroll option doesn't come back up. 

When selling, it says *Action 1 of 1* then briefly starts the 2nd action but doesn't return any gold when finishing.

Any idea what could be causing this?

I'm not seeing any errors in the RPT.

Thanks.

Scary, have a look at your client rpt (C:\Users\Scarylarry\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\arma2.RPT) and it may well give you a whole host of errors you never realised existed :(

For the doubters, I have it running quite happily on my server - with custom traders and configs using Zupa coins and bars

this is a very badly written and neglected mod with very poor optimization.

it does NOT currently work with config traders.

it also seems like the author of this has either given up or moved on to other stuff, since he has not ansewerd this thread in quite some time now ...

so DO NOT install if you have config traders (uless you intend to fix it).

no, i dont want to help here, because i dont use traders ;P

but seems like you can since you've got it working, so why not sharing your files for people with struggeling with this problem then?

but seems like you can since you've got it working, so why not sharing your files for people with struggeling with this problem then?

i did not get this working, i intentionally gave up on it cause it is so horribly written ... besides, my guess is whoever is using it has major problems with it as there are so many ways to exploit it.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

I don't give script, only advice.  He'll find the answer (most likely) in his client-side report and learn something along the way.

thumper-cant-say-something-nice.jpg

it wont work for anyone that does not have a coin system installed and besides that, these scripts are so badly written its a wonder not more people has reported problems from installing and using it, not to mention the lack of info and installl procedure for it.

it seems like it was updated, but install procedure/info wasnt even tho there are major diffrences.

i love the irony of what you are trying to say with the picture tho, but perhaps you should follow your own advice?

Well to be honest, my first attempts would look somehwat simular, i would  need some time to learn and update, but i do know some things and what i've seen so far, is a lot of stuff that just can't be right.

The other thing is.. Oh, never mind, some people don't change anyway..

It works with the standard bar system or the coin system, with standard and config traders.  Look up "Mullet Mayhem League of Extraordinary Mullets" if you like and yank the mission file.  It's currently running Zuma coins (another great script) but I did not have to change anything other than the global variable activating coins.

It works.  Most problems lay with errors in the trader configs.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting these two errors in the client RPT:

Error in expression <menu_Soldier_GL_M16A2_PMC;>
  Error position: <menu_Soldier_GL_M16A2_PMC;>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: menu_soldier_gl_m16a2_pmc
Error in expression <count _tids),(_x select 1)]; } forEach (_current select 0);
_status = _current s>
  Error position: <_current select 0);
_status = _current s>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _current
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\Scripts\TradeFromVehicle\system\functions.sqf, line 12

I use Dwarfers TradeFromVehicle Script and it works on epoch chernarus 1.0.5.1 incl. Custom Traders and Gold Bars.

Only thing is i get this error too in client RPT

Any solutions on this?

At a guess I'd say it's trying to deal with a bad trader?  Check your traders are correct

Error in expression <count _tids),(_x select 1)]; } forEach (_current select 0);
_status = _current s>
  Error position: <_current select 0);

• 1 month later...