[RELEASE] TradeFromVehicle - Version 2.0 is here!

Csus

not yet tho im testing things to see whats actually causing it no luck yet but im currentlly going through both "Server_traders.sqf" and checking to see if everything in the data base matches to it so far under the "server_traders table in the database" i have found that there are 2 traders missing for instance 11 a boat trader and bandit trader (dispite those are both working on the server) so im gunna try match the database to match the SQF

once if done this ill make a post to tell ya if this solved my trader catagory swapping problem (kinda odd it didnt do it before i installed TFV)

(thought id let people know this incase same thing with them)

Hi,

I may be missing something, I have limited scripting skills but do I need both trade from vehicle and trade from vehicle 2.0?

When I had gold bars on my server I had trade from vehicle and it worked perfect. I now have the Zupa coin system so I need it to give gold coins instead of gold bars. So I installed trade from vehicle 2.0 and removed the trade from vehicle. I don't get any trade from vehicle menu plus where do I add the trader info and the weapon list etc.

I followed the steps for trade from vehicle 2.0, copied the folder to my mission folder and added the line ExecVM "TradeFromVehicle Version 2.0\setup\init.sqf"; to my init file.

I know this is probably stupid and I must be missing something but I cannot get this to work

Any help would be really great,

Thanks

Dave

ok guys a work around for the trader bug

Example of the bug
Trying to buy a helicopter but it comes up with unarmed millitary vehicles.
2014_11_20_00002.jpg

The Work Around!

when a player loads onto the server and goes to the traders they cant talk to any of the traders until the trade from backpack option show's up (if they talk before hand that trader becomes messed up and for that person to get their trader working properly they must go back to lobby and re-enter the game to attempt this work around) once the trade from backpack option shows it is safe to talk to that trader and categories will load up fine

NOT SAFE TO TALK TO TRADER!
Capture1.png

SAFE TO TALK TO TRADER!!
Capture2.png

I Hope this help you all

davep122

use dwarfers version

https://github.com/D...radeFromVehicle

I was having the exact same thing happen.  I was working other problems so didn't really identify the conditions but I did notice that it didn't seem to be consistent within a single player or across multiple players.   For one it would work fine.  I guess they got the backpack option first.  Others would get the incorrect list.  Seemed mostly with the car traders but I didn't do an exhaustive search.  And it also seems that once it is wrong, it is always wrong unless you log out and back in again.

So is there an actual code fix for this?  

Hi Guys im getting this problem too: Not getting the trade from back pack straight away and it opens the wrong menu, Then the trade from backpack shows but menu is by then bugged and you need to relog, Not a major problem in it self people will learn to wait before clicking trade, What is a major problem (for me anyhow) is that player that don't wait and get the wrong menu up, can actually buy items that are only available to people that have super hero status (this case 50,000 Humanity. But these people that get the menu up that is wrong can have the starting Humanity of just 2500 and be able to purchase the Super Hero gear. Is there a way to stop this.??

Thanks

MegaZ

Hay Guys,

So.. I don't have any problems what so ever when using CFGTraders (none SQL traders) and COINS. My guess is the time it takes to load the SQL data in. I would try running with CFG Traders and see if that solves it do give the definitive answer.

Thanks

Maybe its time to switch to CFGTraders and Dwarfer's script..  I already use SC2.0 and multi-character, and DZ Group Management successfully.

Any downsides to Dwarfer's and CFGTraders at all?  I like the current script and the downside I have is the same one that megaz points out.  It won't take too long for unscrupulous players to figure out how to use that to their advantage over other players.

can someone explain to me how to get the overpoch gunlist and install it cause i cant figure it out, i installed it on my server and it works but it doesnt pick up on any overpoch weapons. i looked at the file and its like settin the clock on my vcr lol. anyhow im just runnin standard overpoch with no added weapons and no ajusted prices as of yet. but im thinkin of installin coins or is that gona cause my head to explode ?

lol thanks guys

Turns out it was Dwarfer's script I had installed - just without CFGTraders.  So the incorrect trader menu items still occurs.  I have yet to add in the CFGTraders but I'd be surprised if that is the issue, unless it's just the latency to retrieve from the DB.  Someone said that with CFGTraders implemented that the menus are near instantaneous, so that might just be it.

Bob

I'm getting these two errors in the client RPT:

Error in expression <menu_Soldier_GL_M16A2_PMC;>
  Error position: <menu_Soldier_GL_M16A2_PMC;>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: menu_soldier_gl_m16a2_pmc
Error in expression <count _tids),(_x select 1)]; } forEach (_current select 0);
_status = _current s>
  Error position: <_current select 0);
_status = _current s>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _current
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\Scripts\TradeFromVehicle\system\functions.sqf, line 12

can someone explain to me how to get the overpoch gunlist and install it cause i cant figure it out, i installed it on my server and it works but it doesnt pick up on any overpoch weapons. i looked at the file and its like settin the clock on my vcr lol. anyhow im just runnin standard overpoch with no added weapons and no ajusted prices as of yet. but im thinkin of installin coins or is that gona cause my head to explode ?

lol thanks guys

if u wanna just add the overpoch guns and ammo to the trader list, then use heidisql or any other database editers and this list of guns/ammo from the website.  http://overpoch.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons