[RELEASE] TradeFromVehicle - Version 2.0 is here!

Csus

I have had a bug reported where a player tells me he rocked up to the traders, locked his car, went in and sold the weapons and went back to his car, it was unlocked. I asked him to test again with a different vehicle at a different trader, same deal. Any idea's man?  

Csus,

Just a question for an addition, or if you would tell me how to do it??? BTW, We are loving this script man... BIG PROPS TO YOU>>>>>

When clicking sell items from back pack, or vehicle, and you click sell it says starting trade in countdown..

How can it be changed to say___ Warning: All items (if selling items) / All weapons (if weapons) / All magazines (If mags) in Backpack (if from backpack) in Vehicle (if vehicle) will be sold to this trader... Move to cancel trade..........

Just thought it may help for guys joining sever first time at trader with TFVB...

I hope Csus doesn't mind but i added these lines to his Trade.sqf on my server to address this.

add line 28

systemChat format ["Selling ALL weapons in your %1.",_vehicleDisplayName];

add line 46

systemChat format ["Selling ALL Magazines in your %1.",_vehicleDisplayName];

add line  91

systemChat format ["Selling ALL weapons in your backpack, Step away to cancel"];

add line 109

systemChat format ["Selling ALL magazines in your backpack, Step away to cancel"];

just a little warning for my players.

I have had a bug reported where a player tells me he rocked up to the traders, locked his car, went in and sold the weapons and went back to his car, it was unlocked. I asked him to test again with a different vehicle at a different trader, same deal. Any idea's man?  

looks like the script unlocks the vehicle when doing the sale in trade.sqf

on line 149

if (_object == "vehicle") then {TFV_VEHICLE setVehicleLock "UNLOCKED";};

I'm guessing you could add another line that sets it to lock again but that will need some testing because if it's not a vehicle you have a key for your players would be stuck.

I quick thing you could do would be to add a dialog after the trade warning your players to lock their vehicle i guess. Don't have time to dig into just where that would need to go.

Outside of a few tweaks this is a simple but great script.

I hope Csus doesn't mind but i added these lines to his Trade.sqf on my server to address this.

add line 28

systemChat format ["Selling ALL weapons in your %1.",_vehicleDisplayName];

add line 46

systemChat format ["Selling ALL Magazines in your %1.",_vehicleDisplayName];

add line  91

systemChat format ["Selling ALL weapons in your backpack, Step away to cancel"];

add line 109

systemChat format ["Selling ALL magazines in your backpack, Step away to cancel"];

just a little warning for my players.

Caveman,

Maybe I did something wrong, but i got the TFVB menu after adding in the additions, but when clicking them the menus disappeared from all traders for TFVB..... and nothing happened. No errors on RPT.

I changed the systemChat format ["Selling ALL weapons in your %1.",_vehicleDisplayName];

to

systemChat format ["Selling ALL weapons in your vehicle..... Walk away to cancel";

NEVERMIND...

I think i see i forgot the ] before the ; in the lines..... Bet thats it..

Testing today latest version.

Still bug with server restart! If you sell from vehicle before restart, and dont use vehicle after you sell all, after restart all items and weapons spawn back to vehicle and also u have money from selled items before restart! Good dupe for everyone...

How to fix this???

Maybe add code that kick all vehicles  out of trader zone after restart and delete all items inside vehicle?

Force a gear save of the car after selling from it.

Hey guys, I've got a few minutes spare before I got to get back to business for another couple days so I thought I'd hop on here and see what's happening.

@ElDubya, that's not a bug. It's supposed to do that so player's are not locked out of vehicles which don't have keys. I might add a check for keyed vehicles and keep them locked after trading when I get back.

@SadBoy1981, that's an oversight I made while developing it. It's a simple fix to make and I'll make it right away once I'm back and able.

@Caveman1, you're more than welcome to put extra warnings in their for your players.

Thanks to all you guys for getting back to me on here so quickly with your bug reports and requests, enjoy your Monday! (yeah.... right)

Hey guys, I've got a few minutes spare before I got to get back to business for another couple days so I thought I'd hop on here and see what's happening.

@ElDubya, that's not a bug. It's supposed to do that so player's are not locked out of vehicles which don't have keys. I might add a check for keyed vehicles and keep them locked after trading when I get back.

@SadBoy1981, that's an oversight I made while developing it. It's a simple fix to make and I'll make it right away once I'm back and able.

@Caveman1, you're more than welcome to put extra warnings in their for your players.

Thanks to all you guys for getting back to me on here so quickly with your bug reports and requests, enjoy your Monday! (yeah.... right)

Cool, will wait for fix, for now to fix this bug i add script to remove all vehicles in trader zone after restart.

That would be fantastic man, look forward to the update.

I have the same problem. It only affects standard Trader, no self-Added Sites. 

I also only trade from Backpack connected. Since it need but no car check or? As it should be enough if I simply clip here or?

I have the same problem. It only affects standard Trader, no self-Added Sites. 

I also only trade from Backpack connected. Since it need but no car check or? As it should be enough if I simply clip here or?

if u use only trade from beckpack, traders working good or same problem?

if u use only trade from beckpack, traders working good or same problem?

Same Problem how ElDubya.

Sometimes it is, sometimes it is not. 
  Now I was kicked and everything Swaps again. Black Market Trader Sells boats, trucks, etc. The same with the other traders.

#Edit: With me now everything's back to about 10-15 minutes. Seems as if it takes quite a while until it is loaded Neat, if at all. Let's see what I'm still so surprised.

@Csus I have made a mod using @Zupa SC2 function that now works with Coins and banks.  about 4 line changes and a couple of duplicate (renamed functions).  If you are interested i can pass this your way and maybe you could add and option so people can enable and disable if they like.  I no the SC stuff is becoming more and more popular.

Let me no.

Thanks

Sorry for my absence guys.

I have to put support for this on hold for the forseeable future, I just am not going to be able to find any time to do anything with it.

As for the 'bugs' being mentioned where traders are starting to buy/sell random stuff-

If your traders are SELLING things they shouldn't be, that is nothing to do with this script. This doesn't interact with standard trader functionality.

My friend's server has been running this script since before release and, while there has obviously been bugs found along the way, there has NEVER been issues with the trading mechanics of this script or of the standard Epoch traders that fit what a few of you guys are saying.

I'm sorry to people that were waiting on the next update, I'm just not able to continue work on this for now because of real life stuff.

IF anyone decides to make updates to their files themselves to address any upcoming/already existent issues, you're more than welcome to release those files in here if you would like to. Just, please, be sure that if you do release any updated files on here they actually address a global issue with this script and not just issues experienced by 1 person due to an inablility to properly manage a server.

Enjoy your weekend guys.

~Csus

Have some problem with traders! Traders start selling items from other traders, doctor sell weapons, weapon trade sell backpacks, when i sit back to car, then trader are good againm and thet again start trade other trader items.

I have the same problem. I really didnt think it had to do with this script.

my added overpoch trader had miniguns in the heavy guns, after restart he had a rhib boat after restart he had tool items like gps flares etc....

if anyone finds the fix for this please advise the rest of us....

I've installed it and it works perfectly and everyone loves it but today I have a problem. The traders are now taking prices and stuff from files as in this tutorial http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14090-tutorialmethod-how-to-add-itemsvehiclesweapons-to-traders-method-2/ and it doesn't work anymore. Is there a way to make it work again with these changes ?

MrEnzO,

I have modded a copy to work with Gold Coins from the CfgServerTrader however probably would not take to much to back step this a little and have it use the original files. I can send you them but you will have to mod yourself. I have point you in right direction if you like.

Ta

I have modded a copy to work with Gold Coins from the CfgServerTrader however probably would not take to much to back step this a little and have it use the original files. I can send you them but you will have to mod yourself. I have point you in right direction if you like.

I am very interested in this.