[RELEASE] TradeFromVehicle - Version 2.0 is here!

Csus

ekroemer, I went back and replaced the every canbuild by _canBuildLocal as you suggested.. Still no option no TFV available... i will restore to the PBO prior to the TFV installation.. maybe its something else that I am missing.. Thanks again for the assist on this.

Meow =*.*=

:-( That's a pity.

I had only looked for syntax and programming errors, when it comes to trader skins, I'm out of my depth, so, are you really sure your traders are correct?

I myself only use the wholesalers RU_Citizen1 and RU_Citizen4 on Chernarus (which you're using, too, I see from your init.sqf)

My traders_data lists those as instance 11 whereas your Soldier_MG_PKM_PMC is instance 17 as is Tanny_PMC. GUE_Soldier_1 is 15 or 16, TK_GUE_Warlord_EP1 I don't find at all.

So you have customized your traders?

If you run InfiStar then you can just look at the trader you want to use and get the classname by pressing 'i'.

Furthermore I have the

[] execVM "TradeFromVehicle\init.sqf";

after the elevator, near the end of the if (!isDedicated) then clause. I don't know if that changes anything.

My PVE server is hosted on  Survival Servers so the Traders were already pre-configured. also the instance on my PVE server is running 11.

I actually thought about rebuilding the traders on this PVE server to match my test server

Since my PVE server has active users on during the weekend, I will install the TFV script to my test server and if I can get it working, If it is a success, i will just copy n pasta my code over to the PVE server. 

I will post back my results.. Fingers cross and a big thank you for the assistance!

Meow =*.*=

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've been on here. It's been a long time since I've been anywhere near Epoch to be honest.

I just thought I'd let you all know that a new version is in the works. It will pull all weapon, magazines, trader info, prices, humanity requirements directly from Narnia so you won't have to bother with manually inputting your weapons anymore! WHOOOOHOO.

It's a complete rebuild so it should work faster and be more reliable for everyone.

I'm just finishing up creating all the functions needed for the script, then I will move onto getting them built into the main script body.

And just to show you that I've already got it reading trader data, here is some trader data I pulled (and reformatted) using a few functions.

"COMPILED DATA BEGIN"
"["ItemSandbag",1,700]"
"["ItemTankTrap",1,20]"
"["ItemTentOld",1,40]"
"["ItemVault",1,10000]"
"["ItemWire",1,6]"
"["30m_plot_kit",1,6000]"
"["ItemCorrugated",1,200]"
"["ItemPole",1,10]"
"["ItemTentDomed",1,60]"
"["ItemTentDomed2",1,60]"
"["ItemLightBulb",1,20]"
"["ItemGenerator",1,600]"
"["ItemCompass",3,6]"
"["Binocular",3,2]"
"["Binocular_Vector",3,200]"
"["ItemEtool",3,90]"
"["ItemFlashlight",3,2]"
"["ItemFlashlightRed",3,10]"
"["ItemGPS",3,200]"
"["ItemHatchet_DZE",3,2]"
"["ItemKnife",3,2]"
"["ItemMap",3,6]"
"["ItemMatchbox_DZE",3,2]"
"["ItemToolbox",3,2]"
"["ItemWatch",3,2]"
"["NVGoggles",3,400]"
"["ItemCrowbar",3,2]"
"["ItemMachete",3,2]"
"["ItemFishingPole",3,20]"
"["ItemJerrycan",1,4]"
"["ItemJerrycanEmpty",1,2]"
"["PartEngine",1,500]"
"["PartVRotor",1,500]"
"["PartWheel",1,200]"
"["PartGlass",1,100]"
"["PartGeneric",1,200]"
"["PartFueltank",1,200]"
"["ItemFuelBarrel",1,200]"

That data is dumped to my RPT and contains the item, the type (weapon/magazine) and finally an integer representation of the price.

I'm jolly excited! I'll keep everyone updated as progress is made.

-Csus

I have made the TFVB finally work with my server, but I wanted to clean up the entries in the INIT file for easier adding of items, and once I did that, it would not work any longer... Here is the pastebin for my code. Please take a look, and let me see what you see. I am not a coder by any means. it took me over 7 hours to finally get this to work.... Using the canbuild work around for backpacks and vehicles, along with wrong file association names to functions that I found in the files. I will post the old ugly version that works, and the new clean version that does not...

Thanks in advance to anyone who would like to help me out...

I also noticed that with notepad++, using sqf formatting, that when adding it to the GTX gaming servers, in game editor really plays around with the way things are aligned.. Maybe something I am doing wrong.

http://pastebin.com/Nzw5T76w

this is the clean new version that does not work

http://pastebin.com/arLcnKsr

ugly working version

~williamv1999

I'd just suggest you wait out for version 2.0, you won't need to bother with editing anything then as it pulls all trader data internally. As I write this I have a fully working build, almost ready to push. All have to do is clean it up a little and it'll be ready.

Thanks Csus...

Oh I am waiting for it to come out, I am just trying to learn all I can about scripting, and don't have a test server, So I have been staying up till no one is on, then taking the server up and down playing with the scripts. I really enjoy the process of searching for fixes by myself, but after several hours of searching for commas or " out of place it starts to hurt the eyes.. lol... IF anyone has a suggestion on an actual tutorial on scripting for Epoch, I would be more than happy to learn all I can...

Csus,

any idea why the Notepadd ++ with sqf looks fine (  line to line, and brackets) and then when in the GTX panel under the editor for the sqf filem there is always something out of place or shifted.... Would that affect the code? or as long as the brackets are closed and correct, the spacing doesn't bother them?

If ok, can I just use a PM to you for future replies, so I don't use up the forum on just chatting??

Hi williamv1999.  As long as there are no characters displayed, it'll work fine.  Generally because in Notepad++ some lines had tabs to indent, while others were lots of spaces.   When you bring it into another editor or viewer, unless the tabstops are absolutely identical across both, they'll appear out of alignment.  When I see that, I generally try to replace leading spaces with tabs so they'll align no matter what the editor or viewer.

So config traders or nah?

I've never tested it with config traders. But as I'm not actually accessing the database through this script, just variables inside of epoch, it may work. I don't see why they would store config trader data inside different variables.

I have a crap in the RTP + can be lost gold + happens not remove weapons from the car, one can sell 100 times 
I'm sorry for my strictness

You need to be more clear about the issue you're having. I cannot help you unless I have more information about the issue.

I had a few BIG issues

I could trade and it would not take the weapons from backpack or car 

I combine 1 gold bar it gave me 7 briefcase full

all is working great now that I disabled combine currency

now it gives proper payment and takes the gun out of backpack and car

thankz for this....

I already have a right click combine currency option 

and I use piggd banking...

maybe one of those was the issue....

@Calamity

Thankyou for telling me about this. I believe I have found the cause of the issue, piggd modifies the functionality of the default epoch_totalCurrency function.

I'll update the files shortly with a fix for this.

Csus,

Maybe this is just on my end, but i will do my best to explain..

When trading magazines from vehicle, the count of items, and items sold per stage do not add up..... Just say 100 total magazines, in 5 different categories, INIT set to sell 10 per stage-----The trader tells you 28 stages.....

Also,

Going to any trader that sells items (not wepons) Like the medic guy, building, magazine guy---- It will tell you the same number of stages as stated above, even if you dont have an item they will buy from you, and will let you go through the motion of selling the items, but they dont sell... So if you have a truck full of ammo, and a few food items, and go to the food guy first, it will count all the items in truck, but only sell the 2 food items, 50 stages later..

Ok, the first thing I noticed is that while I can turn backpack trading "ON" I cannot turn trading from vehicles "OFF", unless I am blind ( which I am so if I missed it I apologize).

Secondly and sadly it appears not to be working with config traders, and is pulling prices from somewhere else which is strange because you only pull PVDZE_plr_TradeMenuResult, and since the "cfgservertraders = true" handles which menu to pull from it SHOULD be getting the right answer.

The only thing I can think of is if you somehow know of why it would be pulling PVDZE_plr_TradeMenuResult from player_traderMenuHive.sqf instead of Player_traderMenuConfig.sqf

Other than those two issues I really enjoy the new version and you have done some fantastic work here! It is much appreciated.