Deploy bike disappearing

Logan

Question

Hi, I'm having an issue on my servers, sometimes after a minute or two the deploy vehicle gets deleted, or it happens right away. In my RPT I get this 

"Deleting object MMT_Civ with invalid ID at pos [8713.18,15591.1,-0.00219727]"

I'd imagine it's something with the cleanup but I'm not entirely sure.

Anyone have any issues similar to this? I'm also running Infistar, so maybe that's causing it?

The vehicles are allowed in my variables.

10 answers to this question

Doublecheck if proper name for bike is added in dayz_allowedObjects array in variables. And variables is actually properly compiled from init.sqf

If it is and still deleting objects, then

open your dayz_server.pbo

find \compile\server_updateObject.sqf

Line 13, update it like this: 

_parachuteWest = ((typeOf _object == "MMT_Civ") or (typeOf _object == "ParachuteWest") or (typeOf _object == "ParachuteC"));

Repack and upload pbo.

if you don't want to mess with _parachuteWest, then you will find a video tutorial in my sig on how to add custom code here instead, that also lets you whitelist multiple spawned vehicles safely.

Tip: Never ever disable deleteVehicle code part when somebody suggest it, it's bad for server's security. Whitelisting is a safest way to go.

Sounds like your deployed bikes don't have a characterID.

That makes sense actually, anyway to change that? Using this deploy script if it helps 

Doublecheck if proper name for bike is added in dayz_allowedObjects array in variables. And variables is actually properly compiled from init.sqf

_parachuteWest = ((typeOf _object == "MMT_Civ") or (typeOf _object == "ParachuteWest") or (typeOf _object == "ParachuteC"));

Repack and upload pbo.

if you don't want to mess with _parachuteWest, then you will find a video tutorial in my sig on how to add custom code here instead, that also lets you whitelist multiple spawned vehicles safely.

Tip: Never ever disable deleteVehicle code part when somebody suggest it, it's bad for server's security. Whitelisting is a safest way to go.

The vehicles are allowed in my allowed vehicles and my variables are called correctly. As for the server_updateObject.sqf I'll try it when I get home.

Repack and upload pbo.

dayz_allowedObjects is only built items, not vehicles. It is not intended to have vehicles in it. Vehicles are not deleted for not being a building.

updateObject would be deleting an object without a valid characterID, like I stated.

Instead of editing a server script to exempt ALL the bikes on the map, why not just give it an ID?

That makes sense actually, anyway to change that? Using this deploy script if it helps 

The vehicles are allowed in my allowed vehicles and my variables are called correctly. As for the server_updateObject.sqf I'll try it when I get home.

Unless you have a code error in EVD_deploy, it should already be getting all it needs based on that script. Not sure what invalid ID it is finding.

Maybe try turning the sell feature on, it randomizes the ID's more.

dayz_allowedObjects is only built items, not vehicles. It is not intended to have vehicles in it. Vehicles are not deleted for not being a building.

updateObject would be deleting an object without a valid characterID, like I stated.

Instead of editing a server script to exempt ALL the bikes on the map, why not just give it an ID?

Oh yeah, that's a good point, actually.

Here, try this bike script instead, Logan. It creates a bike, gives it an ID and spawns 2 meters in front of player no matter what direction he's facing at:

_weapons = [currentWeapon player] + (weapons player) + (magazines player);
closeDialog 0;

_toolbox = "ItemToolbox" in _weapons;

if (!_toolbox) then {
    cutText [format["Missing Toolbox"], "PLAIN DOWN"];
} else {
    player removeAction s_player_deploybike; // change this to fit your player addaction in fn_selfactions
    player playActionNow "Medic";
    r_interrupt = false;
	player removeWeapon "ItemToolbox";
    	_dis=10;
    	_sfx = "repair";
    	[player,_sfx,0,false,_dis] call dayz_zombieSpeak;
    	[player,_dis,true,(getPosATL player)] spawn player_alertZombies;

sleep 6;
	_Offset = [0,2,0]; //change how far from player vehicle spawns
	_worldPos = player modelToWorld _Offset; // spawn in front of player
    _object = "MMT_Civ" createVehicle (_worldPos);
   	_object setVariable ["ObjectID", "1", true];
   	_object setVariable ["ObjectUID", "1", true];
 	_degrees = getDir player;
	_object setDir _degrees;
   	 player reveal _object;

cutText [format["You have deployed a bike"], "PLAIN DOWN"];
   	 r_interrupt = false;
   	 player switchMove "";
   	 player playActionNow "stop";

sleep 10;

cutText [format["Warning: Spawned bikes DO NOT SAVE after server restart! If you wish to keep it - deconstruct it!"], "PLAIN DOWN"];

};

EDIT: just noticed you are using EVD script, not sure why it's not giving you proper object IDs.

Edited by raymix

I ran into this problem as well.  If you are using EVD deploy bike then maybe one of these two things will help.

In your custom variables at the very bottom you should have:

EVDVehicleArray = ["MMT_Civ","TT650_Civ","CSJ_GyroC"];
dayz_allowedObjects = dayz_allowedObjects + EVDVehicleArray;

if(isServer) then {
    DZE_safeVehicle = DZE_safeVehicle + EVDVehicleArray;
};

I missed a step in the instructions.

Also make sure this bottom part is "true".

// Do you want vehicles to be sold at traders?
EVDSellVehicles = true;