Nova ZONA map.

s3crtAZOnt

Hi guys,

At the risk now of over using some structures, I've taken three shots of the same scene to again show how much the atmosphere can change on NOVA ZONA- I haven't got time to create any new structures right now and won't have for the next few months so this'll be it for awhile unfortunately.
Either way- I hope you like them...

@Richie- ahhh, there's no way this is going to be ready any time soon sadly- for a detailed explanation of why, please take the time to read this posting I made in the Bohemia Interactive forums mate, and remember to read the bold note at the top of the post:

EXPLANATION

@RimBlock- Firstly, lol @ your name! XD

It's not a mod mate, it's just the ground fog setting you can use in the editor, but I will be using a variation of it in the final map, that is the plan.

Thanks for your comments mate. :)

I think you are the first person to openly state you got the meaning of my nic :) .  Most think it relates to car rims (it doesn't).  It does tend to be pretty unique and available wherever I go though ;) .

Would you be willing to let us know the settings you are using for it.  I am finding it 'problematic' getting it only up to knee height. It also seems that setfog is not compatible with setovercast.

Have been reading up on the hidden Simulweather commands (what little is known about them).  Should be great when they are finally made available / stable / documented.

A little taster for those who have not seen it in full action.  Beware, the commands are hidden but some are usable if you can figure out how and have been so for quite some time.  This is unlikely to become available soon in A3 (although I am wishing I am very wrong on that front). 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pnvBF5Nu5gw

Fully empathise on the work / life balances you are playing with at the moment.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Damn guys,

sorry it's been awhile... I've been utterly busy so have not got anything new to show you unfortunately.
But, I do have another concept piece as I'm trying to enrol for a class early next year and have to build up my folio a bit so I stand a better chance of getting in- and with that in mind, I can at least try to skew my new folio pieces towards NOVA ZONA development, so as to kill two birds with one stone as it were... I hope you like it, and it should give you an idea of the scale of landscape I am going for.

++ MARK THE DAY OUR GLORIOUS RECEIVER WAS RENT ASUNDER, AS IT HEARKENED THE BEGINNINGS OF A NEW ZONE ++

Hey up,

In my free time I've done another concept piece, this time going for a slightly more "saturated" look and taking inspiration from some of the AMAZING concept art created for The Last Of Us (Which I haven't played as don't own a console, but I utterly appreciate the quality of it).

As I'm still just learning this concept art stuff, I'm trying my hand at some different methods to see the kind of results you can achieve. 
With this one, I roughly modelled out the scene first, dropped a few lights in and rendered it out and used that as a base to start painting over. The main advantages of this method is you can obviously nail your perspective spot on from the off (I adjusted the lens also, to be a bit "fisheye"), and you can tweak the light sources until you're more or less happy and then go from there.

I was trying to create another atmospheric piece, this time of an interior that subtly hints at an Anomaly down that big round tunnel- hence the greenish blue glow. 
During the process I had all sorts of variations of anomaly drawn up, but the more in your face they were, the less convincing they seemed to me- I even had loads of greenish yellow gas pouring out of the entrance but it seemed too over the top for what I have in mind for NOVA ZONA... 
I even sketched in a Stalker, pressed right up against the wall under the light to show him trying to summon the courage to turn the corner but it made it look too "gamey"!

Anyway guys, I hope you like it and the good news is I THINK I'll be freed up soon to start working back on churning 3D structure etc out again... it's been f&*^%$£g so tough to try to not think about NOVA ZONA for so long... my sweet sweet baby... 

What are you all talking about? 1st of all, GIEF ME MY CHERNARUS, and then comes the rest. No seriously, im tired of sunny weather and rocky landscape. GIEF TREES AND LAKES AND ELEKTRO!!!

He has nothing to do with cherno or any of those things...

@ KingBullGod- I've done a lot of the structures but haven't even started on the actual Terrain yet mate, and I'm finding it really hard to get time to work on this in any meaningful amount these days. RL work is taking all my time up sadly... :(

@ Disabled- I don't know what you're trying to say mate..!

@ raymix- Indeed man, indeed...

Agreed, I have no idea why people are so desperate to play on it for this mod.....its been played to death!!

Some people prefer the familiar and some people like shiny and new, we are all different. I myself would love to see a top quality new map but I also like cherno, although I would prefer it if it had better textures. 

• 2 weeks later...
After eeking away at this, I've finally got my new concept piece done... this one is showing a typical scene you can expect to encounter if you're ever unlucky enough to find yourself in the vicinity of ++ THE FEEDERS ++

This area, which should measure about 3kms by 3kms can be thought of as a perimeter around the centre of NOVA ZONAs affliction, and is directly linked to the incident that unfolded to create a New Zone on the once relativity uneventful Border Island (Kordonu Ostrovy).

If you did manage to somehow pass this "perimeter", your life would be almost immediately on a count down as there is yet no known way for living beings to survive for more than 20 minutes in the actual Ground Zero of NOVA ZONA... hence, there is a lot of interest and exploration attempts to pass THE FEEDERS as who is to say what you could find where few have managed to tread and return..?

The vague similarity to a Concentration Camp is intentional- I visited the Dachau Concentration Camp a few years back and was struck in all sorts of ways, but the visual appearance was absolutely horrific to me.

As for the relevance of the actual spheres themselves- lets just say that there are exactly as many of them as there were civilian inhabitants on Border Island... each one represented a once living person, now long dead.

Where you see a full single sphere- that was an adult
Where you see clusters atop each other or otherwise joined- that represented a family unit.
Where you see a half sphere- that was an infant.

So from this hopefully you can begin understand the horror of what the Border Island Authorities were actually involved in, and believe me- it's not even close to revealing the enormity of what they were doing over a very long period of time- that part you will have to discover for yourselves.

• 4 weeks later...