Ricardo

Adding clothes to the traders

Question

Hello!

How can i add new clothes to the traders, im not talking about external addons that people have to download, i know that it doesn't work without the player having to download them.

Im talking about the non-Dayz ones, i noticed all clothes in dayz have a _DZ in their classname example = Skin_Sniper1_DZ, i believe this is what turns the "skin" into a Item that players can go into their inventory and click to "wear".

But theres some really cool skins included in Arma 2 and Arma2:OA that i would like to implement in my server that doesnt require people to download them.

Already tried adding them to the traders but i already saw it doesnt work and it takes my money without giving me anything in my inventory, i also tried adding them with _DZ next to it obviously didnt work either.

I believe there must be a file in dayz_code that i need to define the skins and they add them to traders.

Does anyone know what file?

I saw something related to this in dayz_code/init/variables.sqf but im not sure.

If anyone knows how to do this i would be really thankful

Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

Also i didnt want to create a new topic :P but if possible someone could help me out with another question, how can i define Ingame coordinates to File coordinates, what i mean by this is:

I wanted to create markers on the map to define my custom loot bases and i already know how to add those markers i just dont know how to write the coordinates correctly, basically i used this website

http://snuletek.org/calculators/arma2coordcalc/

and i type 076/104 and i get [0,[7600,4960,0]] but i cant use that on markers i believe, i dont think it can read that, i have to use something like (example:{7839.6055,381.33774,8414.7324}).

Those type of coordinates in the example im looking for, if anyone could help me please let me know! 

Im really noob with this kind of stuff ^^

Best regards, Ricardo!

you can add some custom skins to your custom variables.sqf

you will see  all the skins at the top

add it to 

//Model Variables

and 

AllPlayers = 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_OA:_Infantry

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Infantry

test em on urself first

I added hooker skin and she was crazy. All I could do was run around with hands in air was funny

let me know if you dont have a custom variables.sqf

you can add some custom skins to your custom variables.sqf

you will see  all the skins at the top

add it to 

//Model Variables

and 

AllPlayers = 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_OA:_Infantry

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Infantry

test em on urself first

I added hooker skin and she was crazy. All I could do was run around with hands in air was funny

let me know if you dont have a custom variables.sqf

This is not working for me, pls correct me if i did something wrong.

Grabbed variables.sqf from dayz_code/init, put in a custom folder in mission.pbo

Went to Init file and called the variables from there to the correct path:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\variables.sqf";                       //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)

Inside variables.sqf added the desired skins like:

(Im not including the existing code, just my additions to shorten the post)

//Model Variables

FR_Marksman =   "FR_Marksman_DZ";
MVD_Soldier =   "MVD_Soldier_DZ";
FR_TL =         "FR_TL_DZ";
FR_MILES =      "FR_MILES_DZ";
CZ_Soldier =    "CZ_Soldier_DZ";
US_Delta_Force_EP1 = "US_Delta_Force_EP1_DZ";
US_Soldier_Light_EP1 = "US_Soldier_Light_EP1_DZ";

AllPlayers = ["CZ_Soldier_DZ","FR_MILES_DZ","FR_TL_DZ","MVD_Soldier_DZ","FR_Marksman_DZ","US_Delta_Force_EP1_DZ","US_Soldier_Light_EP1_DZ"]

And then on my database i added the skins to bandit/hero traders like this:

INSERT INTO `trader_items` (`id`, `classname`, `type`, `group`,`afile`) VALUES 
(0, 'Skin_CZ_Soldier_DZ', 1, 'Clothes Hero','trade_items');

INSERT INTO `Traders_DATA` (`id`, `item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `order`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES
(0, '["Skin_CZ_Soldier_DZ",1]', 250, '[2,"ItemGoldBar",1]', '[1,"ItemGoldBar",1]', 0, 476, 'trade_items');

The skins are appear on the traders but same thing happens, when i buy them i get nothing on my inventory.

I noticed that every skin on the database has the "Skin_" before the classname so i decided to do the same, do you guys think thats the reason its not working?

I already knew that website, i even mentioned on my post, but what im looking for is how to change the coordinates that the website gives me to more accurate coords so i can put those in the files, like the example i gave: (example:{7839.6055,381.33774,8414.7324}).