[WIP] ZFM-FairMission System-Dynamic,Modular & Balanced (Alpha release 90% complete, Test builds frequently available) - Actively developed

So does that mean the A2 version is dead, never to be completed? 

Nope! This will work for both A2 and A3. I just showed the A3 stuff to show it was working on A3 as well :D  I will add some A2 footage soon.

What happens after that heli is blown up? Do AI parachute out of it? Do AI go to secure the site?

Several things, depending upon the randomness of the mission. So far, I have outlined the following variable ways in which a mission will occur. Most of them have been tested and are working -- notes below were for Arma3, but apply to Arma2 as well :)

• Mid-air destruction - Would require spawning one vehicle in the air, spawning another as its enemy, then directing the latter to destroy the former. Would require the vehicle having ammo and a gun powerful enough to destroy the vehicle. After the vehicle crashes, destroy the second vehicle, too.
  • SAM destruction - Would require spawning in a Tunguska along the flightpath of the vehicle, which would probably be kinda hard to get right. The vehicle would fly over and then the Tunguska would lock on and destroy it. If the tunguska spawned underneath the plane, just may as well destroy the plane mid air.
  • Vehicle being totalled -- Current method.
  • Vehicle destroyed by airstrike - Can work as you can spawn in flying planes and tell them to target an area, however, depends on the height of the plane. If it's miles up in the air, the accuracy will be pitiful, whereas, if it's quite low off the ground, it can work. Once the plane has bombed it, and it's destroyed, despawn the plane. (Most seem to use a harrier to do this)
  • Vehicle destroyed by AI RPG - Pretty straightforward, spawn in a unit with a RPG, target and fire at the vehicle. Give the unit infinite ammo so it can definitely be destroyed.
  • Vehicle destroyed by AI gunner - Would require spawning a static gun in, spawning an AI in, telling the AI to go to the gun, then when the vehicle moves in, the AI shoots at the vehicle until it is destroyed. Then the gunner remains there and units spawn in with him.
  • Vehicle destroyed by mines - Would require spawning in and activating mines. Could also do this with satchels with a trigger which detonate when the vehicle is nearby.
  • Airdrop - Spawn in a heli with full crew, add in units to be airdropped, foreach through each of them, bind a parachute to them. When they land, get them to run to the mission. Set the flyin height low, and get the vehicle to hover, then fly off 100m and despawn.

For Air missions, currently, either:

• Units in vehicles will be spawned in and move to the crash location, get out, and secure it. They're spawned pretty close-by.
  • Units will be paradropped into the mission directly.
  • Units will spawn next to the crash (default).

For loot:

• When all AI are dead, loot will be airdropped into the mission.

Just as an update, there's not that much left to finish. The nuts and bolts of the crash mission is done, and the mission system is actually modular now :)

How about something on the git that is updated :) so we can try it  :D  :rolleyes:

Sure. I will try to get a test release put together for this week if anyone wants to try it. :D

I'm looking forward to it for Arma2 (and 3). Everyone is running WAI and/or DZMS (me included) and they're all the same missions on pretty much all servers. I've started customizing mine and adding some new ones to differentiate us from run-of-the-mill DZMA and WAI but your system by far seems like the  best and most dynamic out there.

I'm looking forward to it for Arma2 (and 3). Everyone is running WAI and/or DZMS (me included) and they're all the same missions on pretty much all servers. I've started customizing mine and adding some new ones to differentiate us from run-of-the-mill DZMA and WAI but your system by far seems like the  best and most dynamic out there.

Thanks, I appreciate the support. I kinda re-engaged with DayZ recently and played the mission systems you're talking about, and they're quite limited. That's why I've added in plenty of extra features in this rewrite to make things much more dynamic. I'll post updates when I make them, then release a test update when it's ready to try out :)

Hi guys, just an update.

I have implemented the land crashes now, and have taken out "blown up by mines" and the "destroyed by AI" and just kept it to normal explosion (reaches within 2 meters of the crash zone, explodes), or "airfight", which is where a plane or helicopter equipped with bombs or missiles will blow it to crap. Here's the weird thing -- so far as I can tell, the default AI are stupider when told to move "CARELESS" in A3 than they are in A2, or at least as stupid.

Generally, the vehicle will move along a road for a while, then if it needs to turn in to a place off road, often they crash into objects. -_-

However, in the "airfight", the plane tends to blow the crap out of the vehicle much quicker if it's unarmed, however, if you spawn in armed vehicles, most of the time they shoot the planes/helicopters down as they're manuvering. :lol:

Next I'm going to get the AI units to go secure the crash site, who will spawn about 200-500 meters away, airdrop and move to the site, or land in helicopters to secure it. Once that's done, I will make a test release for A2 and A3 with the new crash mission on it, and then will add in the layouts for a release.

I've added these in as "effects" which will be randomised by the ZFM engine, so you will have for instance -- a crash mission with a plane which is shot down, and then AI paradrop over the location, or a plane which crashes, and then AI drive to the location. Plus all the randomly-generated titles like before and all the features explained in the previous, slow ZFM branch. ;)

:ph34r:

Okay, just an update. For the crash mission as you know, it's air and land. The air is done, the land is almost done. So land crashes are two types: AIRFIGHT and ROADRAGE. AIRFIGHT is where a plane or heli will destroy the land vehicle, and ROADRAGE is where another armed vehicle will chase down the crash vehicle and shoot it to crap. I'll add the videos in here as they upload.

Airfight

Road rage

Just a bit of an update on progress for the eager beavers.

1. Kernel (module system): 70% done - need to implement build functions for vehicles, loot, triggers, etc.
    1. "CRASH" mission module - 80% done - need to finish off units and vehicles.
  2. Units: Around 70% done - need to implement "move to, get out" behaviours, and so on.
  3. Triggers: Around 20% done - need to create mission triggers and hooks for triggers.
  4. Vehicles: Around 90% done - only thing left is to implement the stuff as above.
  5. Loot: 20% done - this will be left as basic loot for alpha release.

For those who want a little taster of the development aspect of modular missions, take a look on the wiki here: http://bitbucket.org/bergstadeu/fairmission/wiki/Kernel

The hooks system is basically a SQF version of callbacks, a little homage to Drupal, which I love the hook/callback system of, and the Linux Kernel, which is just ace. :wub:

Thank you for the support, keep looking on the bitbucket for more updates. When a test version is ready, I'll make you all aware of it. (Mainly because I will probably run around the street naked when it happens :P)

ZFM's kernel takes care of all of the annoying stuff of mission development. You just tell it what vehicles, units, triggers, markers, items, weapons, etc, to create, and where, and it creates them for you and then tracks them and passes the results back to your functions.

Been doing a lot of development today. I needed to develop some functions to expand SQF functionality so I ported some of the PHP array functions to SQF because they're nice. For those who need to use them, be my guest.

https://bitbucket.org/bergstadeu/zambinocommonruntime/src/9e3a5de701989108d70bc2d02c431fd8869c964e/ZCR_Arrays.sqf?at=master

Also tried to use preprocessor commands to create new commands that don't have the [] call syntax, but alas, I can't figure a way to allow #defines to work across SQF files. If you have one big SQF file, it'd work, but alas, nay. There go my dreams of having a return command ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the support -- yep, everything is going great. I have committed to the GitHub the kernel of ZFM which tracks missions and allows modular missions to be created. Now that's all done, I have to make sure the Crash mission works well enough and then I will release a version without layouts (i.e. Dynamic layouts). The release will support A2 and A3, but I will be focusing more attention on A3 as days go on :)

Morning all,

It's been a little while so I thought I'd provide an update.

• GitHub master branch now reflects current development progress.
    • testing and development branches will be deleted
    • I will use the "releases" feature of GitHub to provide ZFM releases, testing or otherwise.
  • As of 27/03/2014 - Missions in ZFM are completely modular.
    • The default mission is "crash", which you've seen, but it's pretty easy to add in new modules -- paste in one array into the Module configuration file, and you're done. I wanted to make it easy to encourage other people to develop mission types.
  • As of current build, you won't get a mission spawning as yet, but in the RPT you will see the module and the kernel talking to eachother.
  • I am planning to do more development today to get a basic version of the "CRASH" mission working and ready for basic testing.
  • I have time off next week and the week after for my birthday, and hope to get ZFM released during that time for Arma 3.
  • After that I will be testing it and adding configuration files specific for Arma 3 and Arma 2.