[WIP] ZFM-FairMission System-Dynamic,Modular & Balanced (Alpha release 90% complete, Test builds frequently available) - Actively developed

This sounds amazing! I can't wait to give it a test run, We are already running mutliple missions systems (WAI / DZMS) side by side to give users more missions up at any given time so I'd love to replace one of those with this to have some my dynamic missions.

I assume it will be possible to mark the missions difficulty level on the marker if you wanted to just to give players an idea of what they will be walking into? (should you want to give them that heads up that is) ?

how do i make it so that there are hero missions and bandit missions, so that bandits can also do the missions without gaining humanity ? and heros can do the missions that have bandit a.i.

so some missions with have trained mercenaries that are bandit a.i's which give + humanity and some missions have the army or something that gives - humanity when killed.

We're getting closer to the alpha release. Today, I spent most of the day developing and have accomplished a lot towards the release; the entire structure of ZFM has been tidied up, and some of the AI functions have been quickened. I am also reducing unnecessary double-recursion where necessary to prevent SQF from grinding to a halt as its performance with arrays is quite lousy. Anyhoo, the commit on Devel is non-functional until I release a test release soon, but if you want to gawp at the changes, here ya go:

https://github.com/zambino/fairserver/commit/9bd260c90dcbaa5c35cf4c13b1979881af5a8a4d

Peace & solidarity,

We're getting closer to the alpha release. Today, I spent most of the day developing and have accomplished a lot towards the release; the entire structure of ZFM has been tidied up, and some of the AI functions have been quickened. I am also reducing unnecessary double-recursion where necessary to prevent SQF from grinding to a halt as its performance with arrays is quite lousy. Anyhoo, the commit on Devel is non-functional until I release a test release soon, but if you want to gawp at the changes, here ya go:

https://github.com/zambino/fairserver/commit/9bd260c90dcbaa5c35cf4c13b1979881af5a8a4d

Peace & solidarity,

Great stuff, keep up the amazing work, no rush!

Two commits tonight, language support is now done. We're getting closer.

https://github.com/zambino/fairserver/commit/8c1bc91d323e18555d247042858ba5462fde11b3

https://github.com/zambino/fairserver/commit/d47f2ed9d913a1a0fb439f2126e1cd23e223a2b9

Read the topic on language translations if you want your mother tongue on ZFM.

Love, etc :)

@ZamboniBambino - I was looking through some of the files today wondering how the text works for the missions. Correct me if I am wrong but could I implement remote messages into ZFM by tooling around with the ZFM_Mission.Sqf, specifically the following.

// Use remote execution to do the mission information
		// TODO: Set timeout time down a bit
		[nil,nil,rTitleText,format["%1 [Difficulty: %2]",_title,_difficulty],"PLAIN",60] call RE;

I am just guessing really, but would something like this be the right idea?

_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#BADA55' shadow='2' size='1.75'>_title</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>_difficulty</t>"];
customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

@ZamboniBambino - I was looking through some of the files today wondering how the text works for the missions. Correct me if I am wrong but could I implement remote messages into ZFM by tooling around with the ZFM_Mission.Sqf, specifically the following.

// Use remote execution to do the mission information
		// TODO: Set timeout time down a bit
		[nil,nil,rTitleText,format["%1 [Difficulty: %2]",_title,_difficulty],"PLAIN",60] call RE;

I am just guessing really, but would something like this be the right idea?

_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#BADA55' shadow='2' size='1.75'>_title</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>_difficulty</t>"];
customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

You're right, of course. That would work, however, I am holding off doing client-side stuff for ZFM for later. It's a bit more effort, so I decided to make ZFM, the server side, and ZFM client side. The client side stuff I have mucked around with, but I don't like the DayZ interface, so I have to fix that before I can be happy with ZFM's client side stuff :)

With each day, we draw closer. I have fully integrated units within the Layout system now, and have beefed up the Layout engine a little bit. All that remains are 2 very small features, and then minor enhancements to the mission stack, and then, we will have a test release for ZFM!

Lots of work done today! :) I am particularly pleased with the layout compositor for creating layouts, loot and units all in one array. Yum!

UDta9TE.jpg

4163NNg.jpg

The code:

// Remove
ZFM_Layouts_Array =[
	[
		[ZFM_LAYOUT_OBJECT_LOOT,0,["EASY","TKSpecialWeapons_EP1",["MACHINEGUNS","SNIPERS"]]],
		[ZFM_LAYOUT_OBJECT_LOOT,0,["WAR_MACHINE","TKSpecialWeapons_EP1",["BUILDINGSUPPLIES","TOOLS"]]],
		[ZFM_LAYOUT_OBJECT_LOOT,0,["HARD","TKSpecialWeapons_EP1",["PISTOLS","SNIPERS"]]]
	],
	[0,0,0],
	[0,[ZFM_LAYOUT_OBJECT_UNIT_GROUP,0,[["COMMANDER","SNIPER","HEAVY","HEAVY"],"EASY",ZFM_GROUP_EAST,1]],0]
];

[ZFM_Layouts_Array,[0,1],[4600,10160,0],20] call ZFM_Layout_Parse;

The code above spawns 3 crates with whatever contents you like (oh, and as of today they are also Epoch or Overpoch... :lol:), and a group of 4 AI just down from that area (1 commander, 1 sniper, 2 heavies). I am actually looking forward to randomising this further so that the layouts are unique, too, and so that the units will spawn in different parts of the layout grid. But, sticking to Alpha's requirements for now.. :D

Two more days of paid work, unfortunately. I think I'll be a hermit and have no social contact this weekend. If I get a release done, anyone feel like doing a test-release celebration-testing night, and actually playing DayZ? :D I've actually played DayZ twice out of... 3 months :D

Two more days of paid work, unfortunately. I think I'll be a hermit and have no social contact this weekend. If I get a release done, anyone feel like doing a test-release celebration-testing night, and actually playing DayZ? :D I've actually played DayZ twice out of... 3 months :D

I'm working the next three days but I hope to have time on Sunday, so if you have something ready for me to test I'm all for it!