Infistar or any other anti hack and Epoch Linux

Panadur

I'm just curious if anyone of you tried to use infistar or any other anti hack script with the linux server files.

I'm messing around with infistar, but it seems i need to modifiy infistar and the server files to get it running without bugs.

At least on the server im running for testing now, infinistar tries to call the extension and also calls hive functions that have been removed from the server files. It is not a big problem to modify the server and infistar files or even to intergrate new functions to writer.pl except for the lack of time :)

But i also have problems with people getting kicked by infistar just after beeind spawned. This is why i wanted to know if anyone has already tried to integrate infistar or any other AH on the linux server.

I would be happy if someone is already trying the same so we could maybe team up to get this done faster (Infistar is about 8500 lines of code and parts of the code are written in an obfuscating way so it sometimes is a pain to read the code and to understand what it does)

• 2 months later...

This is a few months old now but the only problem with infiSTAR is we can't spawn in Perm Vehicles, because of Hive, so you will have to use a different tool to spawn perm vehicles, everything else works though, I could probably ask him to make an option in the config for windows or linux

Since we used 1.63xxx with the latest infinistar files, we did not have this problem anymore.

In Version 1.62xxx i recnorized players get somtimes kicked for "remotecontrol" (but they swear they did not do)

..however get the latest files from him, think that ll solve this problem.

And dont forget to use actual BE filters for epoch attached on his files, or skip battleye filter completely.

(Battleye dont like my player name "aircode" it kicks me because of the "code" inside my name, for real no joke!)

• 10 months later...

This is a few months old now but the only problem with infiSTAR is we can't spawn in Perm Vehicles, because of Hive, so you will have to use a different tool to spawn perm vehicles, everything else works though, I could probably ask him to make an option in the config for windows or linux

I know I know i buried out a realy old post Im sorry.

But Im wondering how did you solve that Problem for your Server?

I tried my luck with EpochAdminTools which lets me spawn locked cars (jippy!) but since it has no cheatprotection i added Infistart/Antihack again and now im puzzling over how to let me spawn Cars with AdminTools without being kicked from Infistart.

Any Advice? :)

• 3 weeks later...

If you are spawning cars with EAT then disable 

/*  Vehicle Tradercheck   */ _VTC =  true; /* true or false */ /* checks if a player is near a trader when 'purchasing' a vehicle */
that will stop you getting kicked when spawning perm vehicles.

I'd recommend keeping that true though and limit your spawning to trader zones only 

also if you have the spam the AH generates then remove all lines that have
_key call server_hiveWrite;
_key call server_hiveReadWrite;
and that should get rid of most of the console spam. its only a temp fix. I'd keep a backup of both your database and ah.sqf just incase bad things happen. I was working on a Linux conversion, but at the rate Chris updates the AH it gets annoying having to re-do it all I'm going to speak to him about adding an option for Linux to main releases