Mission DayZ Epoch Taviana read from directory & Files are not signed by a key accepted by this server

Ranisimo

Question

Right, I've been trying to set up a DayZ Epoch Taviana Private server for some time now.

I've done everything, and I mean everything. First of all, whenever I try to join my server, the console gets spammed with "Mission DayZ Epoch Taviana read from directory" and then I'm stuck on "WAiting for host" for the rest of my life and Battleye complains that I'm using a wrong version, even though DayZ commander begs to differ.

I did some fiddling and I realised I was missing a few files/folder/whatever and put them in (@Tavi_DayZ_Epoch), then I was getting "Files... tavi.pbo, taviana.pbo, usec_rig_a/pbo, etc. are not signed by a key accepted by this server" so I looked up and down a few posts and someone stated that removing the files would fix the issues, so I did that too. No avail. Beforehand I could join ANY Tavi Epoch server no problem, and no complications. Whereas after removing the files, I would be instantly kicked for servers that worked before; joining my server didn't work either, since I suffered the same fate.

Checking DayZ Commander, all the files were corrupt, so I guess I shouldn't have done that, so I reinstalled them. Hey presto, now I could join the servers again, including my own... to then have " Files... blah blah blah" thrown at me. Fun.

For what I could tell there was no tut/inscructions telling me what files I needed or where everything was going wrong (no logs from console). So I did a little digging in to the .ini 's and other files of the like and then I realised, I didn't have the six_tavi.bikey and whatever the other one was called, so I plopped them in there... Perhaps this was the problem? Nope, chuck testa. Now I'm annoyed.

The console was still spamming me with "Halp, mission file ist kaput" Or whatever it said before. Then connecting to the server was all like "nah m8, these files are going to be your demise" and other file related nonsense. So I gave up. What did I do next? Go back to good old Chernarus.

So I deleted all the Tavi folders/files and put the appropiate Chernarus ones there; it worked. First time. I swear it does this on purpose. So now I'm confused and annoyed. So I've been trying to get Tavi to work for over 4 hours straight, to then get Chernarus to work, first attempt and I can join and everything.

If someone for the love of god tell me/link me to a tut that can actually get my Private DayZ Epoch Taviana server working. Properly, I'll owe you my life. I think I'm going mad.

If you need any files details or ANYTHING that I can easily copy/pasta then I'll try to replicate the tragedy from before.

1 answer to this question