Ghost of Chernarus Map Pack finally finished !

Charlatan

Heya,

I just wanted to announce here that my map-pack project "Ghost of Chernarus" is no longer WIP., the planned maps are finally finished.

There is still another part that will be made, a large A.I. Stronghold to be exact, but its not directly part of that Map Pack.

Since I am only mapping here, I'm searching people well-versed in the setup of custom AI guards and/or database-compatible vehicles.

Here's the links:

Map-Pack Overview and Screenshots: http://www.charlatan.at/DayZ/GOC.pdf

The Map-Pack: http://www.charlatan.at/DayZ/GOC.rar

The old WIP Topic:

Feel free to send me a P.M. if you are interested and can:

=> Set up proper NPC enemies both stationary and patrolling

or

=> Know how to add editor-placed vehicles to the database so they don't explode

• 4 weeks later...

Cannot get the script to work on my server, followed everything to a "T" and now the server mission files are bigger but they do not render into my server any help would be greatly appreciated would love to implement this into my server!

Install in your dayz_server.pbo not your mission file.  read this: 

Phenomenal work!  Puts to shame the map editor work I've done :-P  Question for you:  How did you rotate/tilt the objects in the map editor?  I'm referring to things like wooden pallets tilted at 45-degree angles to form ramps, like those on the hangar roof in the Boneyard (and other places), and the vehicle wrecks tilted at different angles.  I know how to use Shift and Alt to change x/y/z axis, but how do you *tilt* objects??  Please tell me you didn't have to manually change the lines of code in the mission file(!)

Phenomenal work!  Puts to shame the map editor work I've done :-P  Question for you:  How did you rotate/tilt the objects in the map editor?  I'm referring to things like wooden pallets tilted at 45-degree angles to form ramps, like those on the hangar roof in the Boneyard (and other places), and the vehicle wrecks tilted at different angles.  I know how to use Shift and Alt to change x/y/z axis, but how do you *tilt* objects??  Please tell me you didn't have to manually change the lines of code in the mission file(!)

I'd like to know too !

I have a problem where it seems like the edits are duplicated on top of one another. I installed it as the instructions stated but in-game all the doors need to be opened several times (as there are several copies of the doors) and the FPS drops pretty steep.

Nevermind, custom compiles was causing server_init to be called twice. Fixed!

Hah, yeah, kinda silly of me but I thought the "Custom Bases" section is there to show in-game creations.

When i add all of this to my server I just get Waiting for Host when starting up the game, Any ideas?

Willing to pay someone to sort it out for me :)

Add me on skype

Jmole93

That is pretty common to appear occasionally ! After the first start I usually get Waiting for Host for ~30s longer than usual.

I'd like to know too !

In editor's normal controls you can only rotate an object around the Z Axis. To rotate the objects like I did, you have to apply rotation in the form of Vector Data. This can be done with   this setVectorDirAndUp[[x,y,z],[x,y,z]];

PS: Yes the trial & error + exact placement related to this in the Arma2 Editor was a real pain. Some maps are littered with unusually rotated objects.

• 3 months later...