Will Pay someone to set up server for me.

KrieeeeK

Question

I just rented a server and have been trying to set it up for two days now and I am having no luck. I am willing to pay someone 10 buck to set up the server for me or help me set it up and teach me. The hardest part is getting all of the mods on the server itself. My Skype is "KrieeeK" that's how you ca get a hold of me. Thanks :)

14 answers to this question

If it's just about installing the scripts, i suggest you use a pre-made PBO like this:

http://opendayz.net/threads/wip-release-sheeps-epoch-repack.14561/

You only have to add yourself to the admin list and disable evac chopper due to it causing bugs, otherwise its perfect! and FREE!

not the best idea to suggest repacks of mission files as they are often outdated or filled with errors ... not saying this one is, but generaly its a bad idea and theres a reason why this forum does not allow such "packages".

@KrieeeeK

you should just start up with the default files to begin with and then get the server up and running first, then you try and add scripts/mods ...

not the best idea to suggest repacks of mission files as they are often outdated or filled with errors ... not saying this one is, but generaly its a bad idea and theres a reason why this forum does not allow such "packages".

@KrieeeeK

you should just start up with the default files to begin with and then get the server up and running first, then you try and add scripts/mods ...

Well i have had this repack on my server for 2 weeks now and excluding the evac chopper everything works fine and rpt log doesn't really have any errors, only a few small ones like "wrong text element 'null'

Well i have had this repack on my server for 2 weeks now and excluding the evac chopper everything works fine and rpt log doesn't really have any errors, only a few small ones like "wrong text element 'null'

so from what i can understand yo are expecting errors ... perhaps you could just try and fix that?

... oh yea thats right, you dont know how, cause you didnt install it.

so from what i can understand yo are expecting errors ... perhaps you could just try and fix that?

... oh yea thats right, you dont know how, cause you didnt install it.

If you were intelligent enough to google "wrong text element 'null'" it's caused by the debug monitor, and has nothing to do with the server functions, it's just there. What do u know about my pbo editing skills? I have 8 different map additions, i installed 14 scripts (Noxcicarius antihack, tow, lift, deploy bike, air raids, AI, DZmission system, WAI etc..)  by myself before testing the repack and there was no errors whatsoever. I thought it would be the same to have a repack since it's not causing any errors. Maybe your lack of brain capacity fails to understand it.

If you were intelligent enough to google "wrong text element 'null'" it's caused by the debug monitor, and has nothing to do with the server functions, it's just there. What do u know about my pbo editing skills? I have 8 different map additions, i installed 14 scripts (Noxcicarius antihack, tow, lift, deploy bike, air raids, AI, DZmission system, WAI etc..)  by myself before testing the repack and there was no errors whatsoever. I thought it would be the same to have a repack since it's not causing any errors. Maybe your lack of brain capacity fails to understand it.

rofl

i love how you assume i dont know anything about coding for arma, i guess you havent read many posts in this or other forums ... but hey, you installed 14 scripts on a server once, so i guess your awsome at this, especially when you advice others to use a pre-made mission file, that possibly contains unknown errors (mostly cause the users have no idea how, what and where everything was installed) and will not work after next update.

there is a very good reason why repack mission files are not allowed on this forum.

but ...

Maybe your lack of brain capacity fails to understand it.

This gunna be good.

just to get things started: If you can use google, you can find the solution to your debug error.

Halvjearne has written (not just implemented, written) several scripts.

Ok... GO!

rofl

i love how you assume i dont know anything about coding for arma, i guess you havent read many posts in this or other forums ... but hey, you installed 14 scripts on a server once, so i guess your awsome at this, especially when you advice others to use a pre-made mission file, that possibly contains unknown errors (mostly cause the users have no idea how, what and where everything was installed) and will not work after next update.

there is a very good reason why repack mission files are not allowed on this forum.

but ...

I don't have time to argue with immature l33thacxors so proud of installing or making a script on their server, and i dont care if u have many posts, maybe u think it extends ur virtual.. to replace something physical? I was just trying to help this guy and you start jumping on me, do you maybe have some kind of aggression issues? have you talked about this to anyone? maybe one day you should open up your venetian blinds and take a look outside. Its nice out there, you might even see people. Not to go fully off-topic, im still running'this repack on my first test server while i have my own server with scripts installed myself WOW both work perfectly fine. I'll go outside now, you should try that too. Maybe you just hate on the repacks because they simply work but you have wasted some time that someone else has installed scripts himself so the not-so-experienced people can use it. Oh and i never said anything about ur pbo or scripting skills whatsoever, maybe you are getting paranoid for sitting inside too long. Get some air

And about the wrong text element null, i already fixed it and yes it was simple, i didn't fix it earlier since it just didn't cause any issues on my server itself, just flooded the RPT log.

I don't have time to argue with immature l33thacxors so proud of installing or making a script on their server, and i dont care if u have many posts, maybe u think it extends ur virtual.. to replace something physical? I was just trying to help this guy and you start jumping on me, do you maybe have some kind of aggression issues? have you talked about this to anyone? maybe one day you should open up your venetian blinds and take a look outside. Its nice out there, you might even see people. Not to go fully off-topic, im still running'this repack on my first test server while i have my own server with scripts installed myself WOW both work perfectly fine. I'll go outside now, you should try that too. Maybe you just hate on the repacks because they simply work but you have wasted some time that someone else has installed scripts himself so the not-so-experienced people can use it. Oh and i never said anything about ur pbo or scripting skills whatsoever, maybe you are getting paranoid for sitting inside too long. Get some air

And about the wrong text element null, i already fixed it and yes it was simple, i didn't fix it earlier since it just didn't cause any issues on my server itself, just flooded the RPT log.

for every post you made in this topic so far, you have just made youreself look even worse ...

but nvm that, i will stop argueing with you here, i think my point and your immaturity was made pretty clear here ...

187.gif

no need ... im not wasting more time on this moron

Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. —Greg King

@KrieeeeK

Im pretty sure everyone else in this topic now will tell you that its an extreemly bad idea to use "re-pack" mission files for varius reasons, not to mention the fact that you will be better off learning how to install a script so that next time you need to install/correct something you wont be completly lost cause you already tried it a bit.

this isnt rocket science, my mom can write scripts for arma and shes over 60yo  ...

for every post you made in this topic so far, you have just made youreself look even worse ...

but nvm that, i will stop argueing with you here, i think my point and your immaturity was made pretty clear here ...

no need ... im not wating more time on this moron

@KrieeeeK

Im pretty sure everyone else in this topic now will tell you that its an extreemly bad idea to use "re-pack" mission files for varius reasons, not to mention the fact that you will be better off learning how to install a script so that next time you need to install/correct something you wont be completly lost cause you already tried it a bit.

this isnt rocket science, my mom can write scripts for arma and shes over 60yo  ...

Woah calm down dude no need to start screaming me as moron, i'm so sorry i tried to help this guy, but hey, at least u got new posts shouting me moron, that's good right? I know how to install scripts, i have had my servers for 7 months, and just now decided to try the repack since it had almost all the scripts i had already installed and a few more, which would save me some time for i'm so busy at college.OP, Repacks are decent if you don't know much about installing scripts, there is a support thread for the repack in case you get some kind of errors on the rpt log. That was just my suggestion and then some 'moron' feels like someone is stealing his posts and jumps on me. I'm out.