[WIP] - Better refueling (Accurate fuel capacity, multiple fuel sources, choose vehicle to refuel, GUI).

I am converting my fuel truck code from Epoch 1.0.4.2 -> 1.0.5.1 and debugging rounding issues (0.994 gets rounded to 1).  It may not seem much but if a C130 hold 34,000L of fuel then 0.006% is 204L (i.e.  more than any cars close to what the Littlebirds can hold).

Thanks for the offer, what areas would you like to help in.

Coding.

Logic - Functional design.

Anything else ?.

I am converting my fuel truck code from Epoch 1.0.4.2 -> 1.0.5.1 and debugging rounding issues (0.994 gets rounded to 1).  It may not seem much but if a C130 hold 34,000L of fuel then 0.006% is 204L (i.e.  more than any cars close to what the Littlebirds can hold).

Thanks for the offer, what areas would you like to help in.

Coding.

Logic - Functional design.

Anything else ?.

I can help in whatever you need help in. From rounding, coding to making AI's that have a gui to buy fuel. Just anything you need. And i think it would be a good idea to make plane refuel stations in airfields, thats what i did in my servers, it checks if the vehicle is a plane, and if it is the refuel goes alot quicker. But yeah, just message me what i start working on :)

After a rather frustrating weekend working on this, Some progress.

Phase 1 (should be fairly easy).

• More realistic fill rates so a car takes less cycles to fill than a heli based on pump rate of fueling truck used or pump [Ready for Beta].
  • Fuel sources can include fuel trucks [Bumped to phase 3 - requires a rework of fuel pump code].

Phase 2

• A menu to choose which vehicle to fuel out of those within range [Ready for Beta].

I believe the two tier action menu is now working correctly with the second tier auto-refreshing each time you fill a vehicle.  The second tier is generated on the fly based on what vehicles are in range (range can be defined by the server owner).

I will take a look at packaging it up and putting build instructions together so anyone who wishes to test it out can do so and provide feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, it may take some time though and if people do not start testing with the releases I put up then undiscovered bugs may just compound the difficulty in troubleshooting later on.

I will take a look at adding fuel trucks as fuel sources next.  Although it seems simple, there are a number of potential exploits that need to be dealt with.

After that I will start to look at fuel pumps but that is likely to take some time as the number of valid combinations is likely to be quite complex.

Version 0.51 (beta) is now up on the Git.  Slight cosmetic change so it now displays 100% when full rather than rounding down if amount is greater than 99.4%.  Functionality is unchanged.

Ok, taking suggestions for which trader to add the fuel pump item to and at what price.

My current thoughts are to add it to the item traders under vehicle parts or building supplies.  No real idea on price.

Let me know what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

SQL to add fuel pumps to building supplies traders added to the Git.  There seem to be only 3 traders of that type.

You will need to change the cost value as it is set to 1 silver bar currently in the sql code for testing purposes.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mean that you would like a price in coins ?

Could be, thanks Ghostrider.

@DimitriPokki

Sorry, this mod is designed for Vanilla Epoch.  If you have one of the mods that change the trading then maybe ask in their thread how to add.  If you are willing to post back then I will also add the information for others as well on the first post.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the amazing addon, i am putting this on our server(s).

Also,

Thanks for all your other addons you have released to the community although you wont be seeing a lot of appreciation back... I'll put your name at our login credits.

So a BIG thanks for:

Better Refueling,

A Plot for Life

MySQL database backup

soon to come Dominion :)

and Ring of protection.

All of these are really cool! Keep up the good work, might be a good idea talking to zupa to see if you can combine his mods with yours aswel.

Maybe a Combined Plotpole mod, featuring :

Plot for Life

Snapbuild (pro)

Plot management

Door management

And you can toggle them on and off (DZE_plotForLife = true; DZE_snapBuildPro = false; DZE_plotManagement = true; DZE_doorManagement = false;)

Keeping things easy for everyone.

Kind Regards,

Dutchy

OmegaGamers

Thanks for the appreciation to both of you.  It is always nice to hear the mods are being used, working well and are popular with the communities.

@Dutchy

I tend not to bundle mods together for a few reasons.

1. Some people do not like to have their mods bundled.

2. Different people approach the same problem from different angles.  This means you have to learn the underlying thought process behind the other persons mod in order to better understand not only what they did but why they did it.

3. Bundling transfers support responsibilities for that mods functionality within your bundle to you (also linked to point 2).

4. Trying to keep up with bugfixes / feature updates of all bundled mods can be very time consuming.

Saying that, I have bundled Snap Pro in A Plot for Life as I know the code is stable and very unlikely to change.  I am also working with Raymix on Dominion so we have a good set of communication going and work well together.  I have also got the nod from Mikeeeyy to add his Precise Base Building in to the next A Plot for Life release but this mod is quite simple to add and so is no real hassle.  I will be adding a two tier scroll wheel menu system for plot management (like the one used for Better Refueling) .  This should be lighter than adding a gui code size wise (cut down the Kbs to transfer on player join) and easy to use with a few new options.  For doors, I quite like the padlock system but may add an option to booby trap the door (wrong code... oh where did that hand grenade come from .... Boom !).

All the above planned features and also trying to find time for Dominion.