my server's BE kicks players when they login (client not responding)

Sgt.Red-Bull

Question

I got a server hosted my self using a dedicated box... now i got the epoch server running well and no problems.

the only problem i got is that my server's BE kicks players when they join, now if they join back again within some seconds they can join and nothing happens if they wait longer then 5min and log back to my server again, it will kick again (client not responding).

this problem is not the players, but my server that is doing this how can i fix this.

3 answers to this question

I have the same problem.  Clean, fresh epoch install no mods!  Battleye kicks 'client not responding'.  Server side problem is all I am sure of but can't pinpoint the problem...  any help appreciated.

my launcher/BEpath:

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -BEpath=C:\epoch2\BattlEye -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

My BattlEye folder had the vanilla epoch filters only and thats it.  So when I ran the server it created the server dll and updated it automatically, and upon joining I even got kicked for a publicvariable restriction, so I make my first edit to the filters to fix that.  I thought at this point that I had fixed the problem of getting kicked for 'client not responding' but NOPE!  still getting kicked saying 'BattlEye Client Not Responding'  this is happening as I said on a vanilla server, on a fresh install of windows 7, no mods...  so frustrating.   Any help or tips will be appreciated!  Thanks!

So apparently Batteye was working, and all I had to do was launch arma through steam.  I'm guessing that because the server and client were both on the same machine is what caused the issue but simply using 'run with steam' and 'replace beta files so steam works' on dayzcommander got it working for me.

Hello,

This happens to about 10% of players on our server. Haven't pinpointed what is causing it but don't be so quick to blame your server. Some folks have high ping and will get kicked. Also some just have shitty internet. Some might be running on a very slow system and like it says, it's taking to long for the client to respond.

Zero